Author Topic: Notorious B.I.G. Celebrated With Greatest Hits CD  (Read 69 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Notorious B.I.G. Celebrated With Greatest Hits CD
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:16:23 AM »
Bad Boy Records has announced the upcoming release of the Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits," a 16-track compilation honoring the extraordinary life and career of the late, great hip-hop legend. The album - which features tracks spanning the one-and-only Biggie Smalls's prolific, all-too-brief career, as well as two previously unreleased cuts - drops into stores on March 6th.

The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits" commemorates what is unquestionably one of hip-hop's most remarkable bodies of work, gathering together such iconic classics as "Juicy," "One More Chance," "Big Poppa," "Notorious Thugs," "Ten Crack Commandments," "Dead Wrong," and the #1 smash, "Hypnotize." As a special bonus, the set features a pair of never-before-released tracks: "Running Your Mouth" and "Want That Old Thing Back".

"Christopher Wallace was more than an artist, he was my friend," said Bad Boy CEO Sean "Diddy" Combs. "The Notorious B.I.G., as most knew him, was a rapper, a story teller, and a prolific poet. However, many didn't have a chance to see the Father, Husband, and Man that I knew. Through his words, persona, life, and music, he was able to open doors and create opportunities for Hip-Hop as a whole. I wanted to celebrate his legacy, life, and work as we mourn his senseless death 10 years ago. The release of 'Greatest Hits' makes it clear to the world why the Notorious B.I.G is the greatest rapper of all time."

"It's time to celebrate the legacy of the Best that ever did it," said Bad Boy Executive VP and General Manager Harve Pierre. "We realize just how connected fans remain to his classic work and wanted to issue a 'Greatest Hits' to celebrate the life of Christopher Wallace. We'll always love Big Poppa and are forever thankful for what he has done for the Bad Boy family and Hip-Hop culture."

The release of the Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits" will mark the 10th anniversary of the Brooklyn-born-and-bred rapper's untimely passing, on March 9, 1997. The compilation follows the RIAA platinum-certified "Duets: The Final Chapter," which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 upon its December 2005 release. 

Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Raphael

Re: Notorious B.I.G. Celebrated With Greatest Hits CD
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:51:05 AM »
 :sign_lastweek: