Author Topic: "Dre 2001" has to be one of the worst names for a great album...  (Read 572 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Dre 2001" has to be one of the worst names for a great album...
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »
I disagree, I see his ideas as valid as the next man's but I do disagree I think the title is perfectly concise.

and kdub, yes the official title is 2001, but it's perfectly clear dre intended to communicate 'the chronic 2001' with the title/cover

and no people are not preoccupied with the aesthetics of the record more than the music, it's 7-8 years later and this discussion happens. You can be goddamn sure the music has been discussed in the course of those 7-8 years.

and for the record, packaging and covers and titles are part of the artistic statement, so it's legit as fuck to discuss.

-T

I'm with u on that man

kemizt

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: "Dre 2001" has to be one of the worst names for a great album...
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »
I disagree, I see his ideas as valid as the next man's but I do disagree I think the title is perfectly concise.

and kdub, yes the official title is 2001, but it's perfectly clear dre intended to communicate 'the chronic 2001' with the title/cover

and no people are not preoccupied with the aesthetics of the record more than the music, it's 7-8 years later and this discussion happens. You can be goddamn sure the music has been discussed in the course of those 7-8 years.

and for the record, packaging and covers and titles are part of the artistic statement, so it's legit as fuck to discuss.

-T

I'm with u on that man

word +1

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram