Author Topic: CALI UNTOUCHABLE DJS INTERVIEW ON LASTWORDONLINE.COM  (Read 46 times)

HIPHOPWEST.COM

• Muthafuckin' OG
CALI UNTOUCHABLE DJS INTERVIEW ON LASTWORDONLINE.COM
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
CALI UNTOUCHABLE DJS INTERVIEW ON LASTWORDONLINE.COM
From mixtapes to the radio, Cali Untouchable DJ's show you how the west will be won.

By Mehka for lastwordonline.com

From NWA, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre, the West Coast has been bringing new and creative voices to hip-hop from the beginning, but as of late, the sounds of the west have been muffled at best.

New talent like Bishop Lamont and Glasses Malone show that there's more to the west than gangster music, but without an outlet, the west coast sound could face the real possibility of falling off the map all together.

Hoping to stop that slide are Dj Strong and Dj Warrior, collectively known as the Cali Untouchable Dj’s. Strong and Warrior met back in 2000 when Warrior was heading up his own record pool.

"I had a record pool back, Cali Untouchables, and had a radio show on the internet back in 2000, said Dj Warrior. “Strong had his own music out, and we just bumped into each other. I liked what he was doing and he liked what I was doing, so I suggested that we come together and give this market something they were missing.

" That missing piece to the west coast puzzle was the mixtape scene. "There was no scene, no one was paying attention" said Dj Strong. "You had the swap meet cultures, and you had Dj's doing tapes, but they weren't breaking new artists.

Along with his partner in crime, DJ Warrior, the crew has set out to give proper light to the new voices of the west and preserve the West Coast culture.

With Warriors Cali Untouchable name, the two came together to put out a series of mixtapes that would give the new faces of the West coast a name.

"6 years ago we decided to do it for as far as making tapes with freestyles and just breaking artists," Remembers Strong. "Since then, the crew has gon on to do tapeswith Ice Cube and Lis Eazy, and have up coming tapes with the Dogg Pound; Bishop Lamont coming down the pipeline soon.

With a killer work ethic and serious hustle, the two have managed to brand Cali Untouchables name as a place where the West Coast lives and breathes. Besides the Cali Untouchables mixtape series, they also have Cali Untouchable Radio on Sirius Satellite radio, and the pet project; hiphopwest.com.

"We started hiphopwest.com to give an outlet for artists in the west to go past their block and go more national," stated DJ Warrior. "Hiphopwest.com is a multimedia-company, a lifestyle brand and a retail store," said Warrior, "We do marketing and consulting for artists, as well as digital downloads."

Catering the diverse population of the West Coast aint easy, but with hiphopwest.com, the crew aims at appeasing the multi-cultural masses."The West Coast culture is like a cocktail of people, said Dj Warrior. “Some people are into gangster music, others are into the low-rider culture, others are into the skater culture."

To appease all these aspects is hard in itself, but the Cali Untouchables have managed to bring everything together under one name, making it easier for the powers to find that next hot thing out in the west. All they have to do is log on.

With new projects coming down the pipe line constantly, and with new artists emerging everyday, the demand for the Cali duo looks like it will continue to grow as time goes on.

"I feel like we're just now getting started, I think we're only 10 percent of wher e we can be. We got a compilation coming out with DJ Warrior, and I got an instrumental series coming out, and we also do a Bay area only mix series. TV, radio; we got DJs on our roster. The skies the limit. Whether its cell phones or the inernet, we want the Cali Untouchable name on it," said Strong. "We helped create this culture in teh west. we helped people have an outlet when there wasn't on before. We're one stop shop"

To check out more, log onto hiphopwest.com.