Author Topic: DUBBC'S Official GOAT Football Team: Qualification Round 1 (GOALKEEPER)  (Read 1900 times)

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBBC'S Official GOAT Football Team: Qualification Round 1 (GOALKEEPER)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
I don't think that 1990 is early enough, the number of great players before this time outweighs the great players after it IMO

If we are to choose a year what about sometime in the 70's? I would think that most people would have a good knowledge of players from this era and beyond

If we do choose after a certain time period then I think that people should redo their lists

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
yeh i expressed the suggestion that an all time team would be difficult to do.. so im behind doin a goat from the last 30 years, since im only 20 theres not many players i know too well from the 60'70's besides the obvious greats, but im down for this.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »
I think this whole thing is ridiculous...You guys can't even come up with a list of greatest players by position. It shouldn't be that hard... You obviously don't know enough of the history in your own favorite sport to make lists like these...Do you guys really think a majority of WCC has seen Oscar Robertson or Bob Cousy playing basketball? LOL@1990+ HOF. :-\

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
I think this whole thing is ridiculous...You guys can't even come up with a list of greatest players by position. It shouldn't be that hard... You obviously don't know enough of the history in your own favorite sport to make lists like these...Do you guys really think a majority of WCC has seen Oscar Robertson or Bob Cousy playing basketball? LOL@1990+ HOF. :-\

Like someone else has already pointed out football is a huge worldwide sport that started back in 18 hundreds. There has been billions of players, its difficult enough to make a goat team out of players who played for one club over a hundred year period let alone the whole world over 150 years. Its a lot easier to make a goat basketball team as all the good players play in one country where you can watch the games. I personally dont have enough time to watch all the games from, england, spain, italy, argentina, mexico, france, brazil over the last 150 years.

Someone who is 60 is gonna have a completly different list to someone who is 20 . If i aint seen footage of someone then im not putting them in my list.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 11:11:18 AM »

Like someone else has already pointed out football is a huge worldwide sport that started back in 18 hundreds. There has been billions of players, its difficult enough to make a goat team out of players who played for one club over a hundred year period let alone the whole world over 150 years. Its a lot easier to make a goat basketball team as all the good players play in one country where you can watch the games. I personally dont have enough time to watch all the games from, england, spain, italy, argentina, mexico, france, brazil over the last 150 years.

Someone who is 60 is gonna have a completly different list to someone who is 20 . If i aint seen footage of someone then im not putting them in my list.

well said mate..

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »

come on dude just hush up and quit making igorant posts in this thread.. we've explained why we want to do it our way and it makes sence, just let us do our bizness on this topic

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 11:16:23 AM »

So you're telling me that there can't be a way to pick from a list of all-time greats your top 5 goalies? You should know enough about the history of the sport to understand who can be argued number 1 material and who can't. Even if you haven't seen them play, you should know enough based on stats, history, word of mouth, etc...I don't think it's as difficult as you guys are making it out to be. It doesn't have to be the undisputed best goalie ever, that's why it's called WCC'S Hall of Fame...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »

come on dude just hush up and quit making igorant posts in this thread.. we've explained why we want to do it our way and it makes sence, just let us do our bizness on this topic

I'm allowed to give my opinion, kid. And since when is giving your opinion an ignorant act? :-X

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »

I'm allowed to give my opinion, kid. And since when is giving your opinion an ignorant act? :-X

i didnt say your opinion couldnt be given... but i just see comments such as
"You obviously don't know enough of the history in your own favorite sport to make lists like these."
as ignorant because you know nothing about the history and culture of football, and like what was xplained before football spans many more time eras, players, countries and competitions then basketball, american football has etc. So just because you feel you have the knowledge to talk about some great player who played in 60's @ b'ball or A'football is alot different to ours when were had incredible talents since the 1910's in different countries n leagues.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:36:57 AM by It'Is-What-It'Is »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 11:36:05 AM »
If you take a look at baseball, it's really only the MLB.  If you're a great player in any other country, you will eventually make it to the MLB.  With basketball, it's mainly the NBA and maybe a handful of players that play in Europe and Argentina that are worthy enough to make this sort of list.  Now, football on the other hand has a whole bunch of important and prestigious leagues.  You can make a goat team for the EPL, La Liga, SPL, Brazilian League, Dutch League, Argentine league, Mexican league, and on and on. 

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »
LOL NIK stay out of this. This is something you dont understand. Cuz you didnt grow up with football. Like everyone before me said, its a lot more complicated then basketball for example. This is a useless discussion, so let us decide how we gonna do this.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
I say lets start from the 80s. That would be a lot more interesting then the 70s (Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer). My vote goes from 85 till now.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »
LOL NIK stay out of this. This is something you dont understand. Cuz you didnt grow up with football. Like everyone before me said, its a lot more complicated then basketball for example. This is a useless discussion, so let us decide how we gonna do this.

^ i say we should do it within the last 30/40 years so early 60/70s.. this way we still covers greats as pele, van bastin, cruff, beckenbauer etc that are capable of winning a place in anyones goat team

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
Alright, I understand what ya'll are getting at...Just didn't think it would be THAT difficult to pick your own bests from a list of all-time greatests...

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »
I say lets start from the 80s. That would be a lot more interesting then the 70s (Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer). My vote goes from 85 till now.

u posted this just before my reply but im down with whateva the majority wanna do.. way i see it im more knowledgable from the time era of 80's upwards but ill give any decision a try