Author Topic: Chris Paul or Deron Williams  (Read 1196 times)

GangstaBoogy

Chris Paul or Deron Williams
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:51:16 AM »
Just wondering who do you guys think is better? They're both extreemly talented PGs with great futures ahead of them, but I think Deron Williams is the better of the two.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

Re: Chris Paul or Deron Williams
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
Both are awesome but I pick Paul

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:45 PM »
Damn that's a tough choice... I'll go with Williams , he's underrated, should have been an All Star with the injuries imo

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
Deron Williams is molded after a Jason Kidd type player, while Chris Paul is more like an Allen Iverson. Both players will have great careers, I think Chris Paul will peak harder, but Deron Williams is the type of player to last longer...Hard to choose right now.

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »
Its hard to say, I cant really pick one over the other.

rik

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
Its hard to say, I cant really pick one over the other.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
Deron Williams takes this one, Chris Pauls gonna be great too though...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
Deron Williams is molded after a Jason Kidd type player, while Chris Paul is more like an Allen Iverson. Both players will have great careers, I think Chris Paul will peak harder, but Deron Williams is the type of player to last longer...Hard to choose right now.

real spit. IMO its whatever type of player you prefer running youre team. And i feel you really cant go wrong either way. Deron Williams is perfect where he is

The Best of 3 Worlds

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
Dammm...I was really going to post this exact same thread after seeing how Deron's numbers increased this year. They say he's a top three candidate for most improved player.

I think they are different types of PGs. I thought Paul would have been drafted higher, especially since Sloan had Stockton and I thought he'd go for more of a true PG. I think it is as MoSav said, it really depends on what kind of team you have. I don't think Paul is like Iverson, because he definitely can't score as good, isn't as quick, and is much more of a point guard mentally.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
Dammm...I was really going to post this exact same thread after seeing how Deron's numbers increased this year. They say he's a top three candidate for most improved player.

I think they are different types of PGs. I thought Paul would have been drafted higher, especially since Sloan had Stockton and I thought he'd go for more of a true PG. I think it is as MoSav said, it really depends on what kind of team you have. I don't think Paul is like Iverson, because he definitely can't score as good, isn't as quick, and is much more of a point guard mentally.

Deron Williams isn't a true PG? LOL!...Chris Paul is like Iverson in the sense that he's small, quick, and nifty. Deron Williams is a different type of player, more grounded and fundamentally sound. Think Magic Johnson/Jason Kidd (Deron Williams) vs. Gary Payton/Allen Iverson (Chris Paul). Not that I'm comparing their levels of play, but those are the type of players they are...PeACe

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »

Deron Williams isn't a true PG? LOL!...Chris Paul is like Iverson in the sense that he's small, quick, and nifty. Deron Williams is a different type of player, more grounded and fundamentally sound. Think Magic Johnson/Jason Kidd (Deron Williams) vs. Gary Payton/Allen Iverson (Chris Paul). Not that I'm comparing their levels of play, but those are the type of players they are...PeACe

I just always saw him of more of a scoring PG than straight passing PG like that, even though he did step his assist game up this year. I would think of him more as the PG who wanted to take the game winning shot, versus making the pass to whoever was to hit the buzzer beater.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »

I just always saw him of more of a scoring PG than straight passing PG like that, even though he did step his assist game up this year. I would think of him more as the PG who wanted to take the game winning shot, versus making the pass to whoever was to hit the buzzer beater.

Naah, Deron Williams himself has said in the past that he's molded his game after Jason Kidd...Those 9.3 assists per game (second in the league!) are no joke.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »

Naah, Deron Williams himself has said in the past that he's molded his game after Jason Kidd...Those 9.3 assists per game (second in the league!) are no joke.

yeah and hes a huge reason they have a top 5 nBA record

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
Deron is the only real PG out of the two (Deron, Nash, Kidd, Andre Miller.. those are "real" playmakers to me). So he gets my vote.
Paul is an Allen Iverson type of PG. An "i-do-it-all" type of player. Who will have a great future. But Deron gets my vote.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
chris paul by a mile