Author Topic: Jamarcus Russel aka JaMonster  (Read 1195 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Jamarcus Russel aka JaMonster
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »
LSU had its pro day JaMonster weighed in at 256 (lost 9 pounds apparently) and timed a 4.83 40.
Not bad at all for a 256 pounder, but not great either.  JaMarcus is fast
but not quick.  9.5 inch hands
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »
What quarterback would be available in the 2nd Round or beyond for Oakland to pick if they don't pick Russell first? They must be working on a trade package to get multiple picks.

There could be a few Qb's still availble. Smith will def be there, Leak too. Kerry Kolb. There are other options. THEY DONT HAVE TO take a QB with there first pick.

That is true. Calvin Johnson would be a nice upgrade for us if we can trade Moss. He is basically a younger version of Randy Moss, and a little bigger coming out of college. I don't know about Russell though.

What about Joe Thomas? Cant hurt start with a great left tackle

Yeah but I don't think Oakland will pick a lineman though. They need to though.

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »
The draft can be a crap shoot. If we pick Russell and he meets expectations, the team made the right choice. If we don't and pick someone else that does not pan out, then it was a bad move and then you hear the "well they were in a position to get...." Especially if the player that is not picked plays well for someone else. I really want Oakland to address the O-Line first. It don't matter who is under center if you only have 0.5 seconds to throw the ball or even hand the ball off to a running back.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
The draft can be a crap shoot. If we pick Russell and he meets expectations, the team made the right choice. If we don't and pick someone else that does not pan out, then it was a bad move and then you hear the "well they were in a position to get...." Especially if the player that is not picked plays well for someone else. I really want Oakland to address the O-Line first. It don't matter who is under center if you only have 0.5 seconds to throw the ball or even hand the ball off to a running back.

exactly!!! These are NFL lineman tho, how could they be this bad? Maybe its whose coaching the o-line too...

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »

exactly!!! These are NFL lineman tho, how could they be this bad? Maybe its whose coaching the o-line too...

I am really disappointed in Robert Gallery. Granted he has been moved 2 or 3 times from left to right tackle. At times he looks like he has never played tackle before.

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »
Well JaMarcus did his thing yesterday at the workout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2798856

Oakland might have to just go ahead and pick him up.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 09:17:19 AM »

yeah he looked very impressive. Id still go with Calvin Johnson or trade the pick to get more picks. IMO Calvin Johnson is a once in a lifetime player, but Russell isnt. But this is just my opinion we''ll have to wait and see. But no way is Rusell ready to start in the NFL right now.

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »

yeah he looked very impressive. Id still go with Calvin Johnson or trade the pick to get more picks. IMO Calvin Johnson is a once in a lifetime player, but Russell isnt. But this is just my opinion we''ll have to wait and see. But no way is Rusell ready to start in the NFL right now.

Yeah Johnson is a enigma being that big of a reciever and running like that. That is my personal favorite for Oakland to pick but I have no clue who they are picking for this draft.