Author Topic: NBA Draft Busts  (Read 456 times)

WC Iz Active

Re: NBA Draft Busts
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
Kwame sucks for 1st pick, no way around it.

So did Jermaine O'Neal for his first few years...Kwame doesn't suck at all right now though, he has all-star potential. He is only currently limited by injuries. At 100%, we expect him to be a 15-10 type of guy, as he showed he can do 2nd half of last season as a starter...

LMAO, Jermaine didnt suck his first few years, he was on a veteran team contending for a title and he never got much of a oppurtunity.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »

So did Jermaine O'Neal for his first few years...Kwame doesn't suck at all right now though, he has all-star potential. He is only currently limited by injuries. At 100%, we expect him to be a 15-10 type of guy, as he showed he can do 2nd half of last season as a starter...

LMAO, Jermaine didnt suck his first few years, he was on a veteran team contending for a title and he never got much of a oppurtunity.

Sorry, I watched him play in Portland...Dunno if you did, but he was extremely raw and considered a bust. That's why they traded him for Dale Davis...LOL

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 03:35:44 PM »

Sorry, I watched him play in Portland...Dunno if you did, but he was extremely raw and considered a bust. That's why they traded him for Dale Davis...LOL

come on homie, Portland felt like they were one big veteran body against Shaq away from winning a title and thats why they made the trade, of course JO wasnt polished back then but by no means did he suck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 03:38:46 PM »

come on homie, Portland felt like they were one big veteran body against Shaq away from winning a title and thats why they made the trade, of course JO wasnt polished back then but by no means did he suck.

And by no means does Kwame suck...Kwame=integral part of Lakers success & potential future all-star. Hardly a bust...PeACe
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 03:40:51 PM by Now_I_Know »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
I never said Kwame sucked, I just said for a former 1st pick he has been a bust so far.  But he still has time to become a all star and change that, so we will see if he does.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 03:42:15 PM »
^Well, he already changed that last year...Like I said, he's only been limited by injuries this year.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:45 PM »
I always like readin these.....

I definitely don't think Derrick Coleman should be seen as a "bust" unless you put Larry Johnson right next to them. Both were #1 picks in 90 n 91, and both had very solid careers with VERY comparable statistics...and Coleman's career actually lasted longer.

I don't think Billy Owens was a bust either. Lookin at his stats now....his first three years, he averaged 14 16 and 15, all while shooting over 50%!!

Billy Owens was a bust dude. He was suppose to be the next Magic Johnson. he had a few solid years but overall he was a bust. Trust me i watched him as he was a king for years.

I never knew he was supposed to be the "next Magic"...but so was Penny and even Steve Smith. He did fall off when he got  to the Queens, but he was definitely a solid player with the Warriors back then.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »
^Well, he already changed that last year...Like I said, he's only been limited by injuries this year.

Everyone on the Lakers doesn't have "All Star" potential as you always seem to say, it's alright tho, some people are just good utility players

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 10:02:01 PM »

Everyone on the Lakers doesn't have "All Star" potential as you always seem to say, it's alright tho, some people are just good utility players

Not everyone...Kobe, Lamar, Kwame, and Bynum. They all have all-star potential...They've all shown it.

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 04:45:29 AM »
Jermaine Oneal is miles ahead of Kwame Brown.  Kwame Browns numbers are 8.7 PPG and 6.6 RPG.  All this "we are expecting him" talk is pure speculation.  The same speculation the Wizards had for him.  Sure, he is a solid role player, but definatly a bust considering you expect any #1 pick to be a star player.  Even if he breaks out for 15 and 10 (like you are expecting him to), theres no way he will be an all star.  Lamar Odom couldnt even make the all star team with 16 PPG, 9 RPG and nearly 5 assists.  I expect Kwame to continue to be a solid role player but at this point I dont see him breaking out into an all star type player, no way. 

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
Scottie Pippen himself said the most talented player on the team (jermaine O'neal) is sitting on the bench way to much..

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:10:30 PM »
Scottie Pippen himself said the most talented player on the team (jermaine O'neal) is sitting on the bench way to much..

Yeah the Blazers were too deep for him to get playing time. They shouldn't have traded him tho. Arvydas Sabonis & Detlef Schrempf obviously weren't going to be around forever.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »
Jermaine Oneal is miles ahead of Kwame Brown.  Kwame Browns numbers are 8.7 PPG and 6.6 RPG.  All this "we are expecting him" talk is pure speculation.  The same speculation the Wizards had for him.  Sure, he is a solid role player, but definatly a bust considering you expect any #1 pick to be a star player.  Even if he breaks out for 15 and 10 (like you are expecting him to), theres no way he will be an all star.  Lamar Odom couldnt even make the all star team with 16 PPG, 9 RPG and nearly 5 assists.  I expect Kwame to continue to be a solid role player but at this point I dont see him breaking out into an all star type player, no way. 

Stop judging by numbers, you have no idea what you're talking about. Kwame Brown, a role player? Dude is an integral part of our team and our most reliable low post player...The only thing that limited him this season is his injuries...He started the season on the injured list, and that's where he's at now...JO is of course currently a much better overall player, but Kwame is a work in progress, just like JO was in the past...But the difference is that even while Kwame is developing, he's showing the beast in him on a regular basis. He is one of the best low post defenders in the league (doesnt show in the box score) and averaged a double-double second half of last season when Chris Mihm went down....If he was a role player, the Lakers wouldnt have had this much trouble staying consistant from the day he went down...Kwame has played like an all-star against the elite bigs, now it's a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy and do it on a consistant basis...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 01:35:06 PM »

Stop judging by numbers, you have no idea what you're talking about. Kwame Brown, a role player? Dude is an integral part of our team and our most reliable low post player...The only thing that limited him this season is his injuries...He started the season on the injured list, and that's where he's at now...JO is of course currently a much better overall player, but Kwame is a work in progress, just like JO was in the past...But the difference is that even while Kwame is developing, he's showing the beast in him on a regular basis. He is one of the best low post defenders in the league (doesnt show in the box score) and averaged a double-double second half of last season when Chris Mihm went down....If he was a role player, the Lakers wouldnt have had this much trouble staying consistant from the day he went down...Kwame has played like an all-star against the elite bigs, now it's a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy and do it on a consistant basis...PeACe

Didn't we just try to dump him for a 34 year old point guard?  :sshh:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »
Averaging 8 and 8 when you are the overall number 1 pick is a fucking bust.  If LeBron was doing that shit he would be chased out of Cleveland.