Author Topic: NBA Draft Busts  (Read 455 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NBA Draft Busts
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
Jermaine Oneal is miles ahead of Kwame Brown.  Kwame Browns numbers are 8.7 PPG and 6.6 RPG.  All this "we are expecting him" talk is pure speculation.  The same speculation the Wizards had for him.  Sure, he is a solid role player, but definatly a bust considering you expect any #1 pick to be a star player.  Even if he breaks out for 15 and 10 (like you are expecting him to), theres no way he will be an all star.  Lamar Odom couldnt even make the all star team with 16 PPG, 9 RPG and nearly 5 assists.  I expect Kwame to continue to be a solid role player but at this point I dont see him breaking out into an all star type player, no way. 

Stop judging by numbers, you have no idea what you're talking about. Kwame Brown, a role player? Dude is an integral part of our team and our most reliable low post player...The only thing that limited him this season is his injuries...He started the season on the injured list, and that's where he's at now...JO is of course currently a much better overall player, but Kwame is a work in progress, just like JO was in the past...But the difference is that even while Kwame is developing, he's showing the beast in him on a regular basis. He is one of the best low post defenders in the league (doesnt show in the box score) and averaged a double-double second half of last season when Chris Mihm went down....If he was a role player, the Lakers wouldnt have had this much trouble staying consistant from the day he went down...Kwame has played like an all-star against the elite bigs, now it's a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy and do it on a consistant basis...PeACe

Didn't we just try to dump him for a 34 year old point guard?  :sshh:

Not without another young big in return, such as Collins.

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »
I still dont get how Kwame Brown has all star potential?  Just becuase the guy put up "All Star" numbers 3 times in a season doesnt make him a potential all star.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »
Averaging 8 and 8 when you are the overall number 1 pick is a fucking bust.  If LeBron was doing that shit he would be chased out of Cleveland.

LeBron was drafted from one of the best classes ever...Kwame's best season stat-wise was 11 and 7 in his third season with Washington. He was playing by far at his best before his injuries this season though...When Kwame heals 100%, he is a 12-8 guy for us at the very least, with some of the best low post defense out there...It's way too early to call Kwame a bust. Remember, we traded an all-star for him and would do it again if we had the chance. Injuries have been his biggest story this season, but that's about to change...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 03:33:27 PM »
I still dont get how Kwame Brown has all star potential?  Just becuase the guy put up "All Star" numbers 3 times in a season doesnt make him a potential all star.

All-star numbers 3 times in a season? What the fuck are you talking about. Are you paying attention? I said it many times, Kwame was averaging 12-10 as a starter last season...If a guy has the potential to average 15 and 10 as a center in this league, that's called all-star potential...Kwame easily has to potential to average 15-10, if not more...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »
Do you seriously think Kwame Brown is ever going to be an All Star?  Especially since hes in the west.  Im too lazy to type down the PF and C better than him but theres at least a dozen.  And remember, even tho you THINK he has the potential to be 15 and 10, at the end of the day, hes still 8 and 8.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
Do you seriously think Kwame Brown is ever going to be an All Star?  Especially since hes in the west.  Im too lazy to type down the PF and C better than him but theres at least a dozen.  And remember, even tho you THINK he has the potential to be 15 and 10, at the end of the day, hes still 8 and 8.

8 and 8 because injuries have limited him majorly this season...If players like Brad Miller, Dale Davis, and Jamal Magloire can be an all-star centers in this league, Kwame can EASILY as well...Just wait, he hasn't played at 100% ONCE this season. Not even close to looking for his offensive game yet. You haven't followed the Lakers, so you wouldn't know...PeACe

Citizen-Y

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 05:59:35 PM »
It's not even up for debate, dude is a bust.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
Didnt Kwame miss like 23 games due to an ankle injury?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »

Yea...People just be hatin. :-\

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2007, 06:49:32 PM »

Yea...People just be hatin. :-\

yeah he just needs some healthy time, he proved last year when hes healthy he can be very productive

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
Kwame Brown, Age 24. Numbers last season when healthy as a starter:

March 20th W @ Boston 11 points (5-7 FG), 9 rebounds, 5 assists.
March 22nd W vs. Sacramento 21 points (8-12 FG), 12 Rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block.
March 24th W vs. Milwauakee 16 points (6-10 FG), 9 rebounds, 1 assist.
March 26th W vs. New Orleans 17 points (7-7 FG), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks.
March 30th L vs. San Antonio 9 points (3-8 FG), 10 rebounds.
March 31st W @ Seattle 12 points (4-5 FG), 13 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block.
April 2nd W vs. Houston 10 points (4-7 FG), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block.
April 6th L @ Denver 15 points (5-9 FG), 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block.
April 9th W vs. Clippers 9 points (3-7 FG), 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal.
April 11th W vs. Golden State 15 points (7-10 FG), , 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block.
April 14th W vs. Portland 20 points (7-9 FG), 9 rebounds, 2 asists, 2 steals.
April 16th W vs. Phoenix 10 points (3-10 FG), 7 rebounds.
April 19th W vs. New Orleans 19 points (7-8 FG), 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks.

PLAYOFFS
April 23rd L @ Phoenix 14 points (5-12 FG), 6 rebounds.
April 26th W @ Phoenix 12 points (4-8 FG), 2 rebounds, 2 blocks.
April 28th W vs. Phoenix 13 points (5-8 FG), 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 3 blocks.
April 30th W vs. Phoenix 12 points (4-12 FG), 10 rebounds.
May 2nd L @ Phoenix 14 points (6-6 FG), 3 rebounds, 1 steal.
May 4th L @ Phoenix 17 points (8-9 FG), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block

...To say this guy has no all-star potential is insane!

TuSlic

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »
they should have put the other o'bannon brother in there along with, tyus edney, "big country" brian reeves, tobe bailey & jayson williams (even though he probaly would have did well if he hadnt got in the accident)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »
I dont know if Kwame will become an all star especially in the west but i can see him average 14/10 for an entire season which i wouldnt consider a bust but i also wouldnt consider that #1 draft pick worthy.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 12:58:17 AM »
they should have put the other o'bannon brother in there along with, tyus edney, "big country" brian reeves, tobe bailey & jayson williams (even though he probaly would have did well if he hadnt got in the accident)

Tyus Edney was never supposed to be great, most experts thought his size would hinder him greatly

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 01:16:12 AM »
I dont know if Kwame will become an all star especially in the west but i can see him average 14/10 for an entire season which i wouldnt consider a bust but i also wouldnt consider that #1 draft pick worthy.

Considering some of the number 1 overall draft picks in recent years, 14/10 wouldn't really be bad at all. Lets see what Kwame does with a full season of health and consistant minutes on the Lakers before we completely judge him. He proved he could do it when he was 100%. I have a feeling 100% is just a couple weeks or so away for him right now. He showed some nice quick steps in todays game vs. Phoenix.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:42:02 PM by Now_I_Know »