Author Topic: help with a school project (rap related)  (Read 449 times)

Lunatic

help with a school project (rap related)
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »
i'm doing a project on how the media portrays black males in hip-hop videos. i need pictures for examples. i know some of y'all on here got some real dope pictures, and i'm hoping you'd be kind enough to share them with me. they're are 5 categories.

pimp -  2 examples - 50 cent's p.i.m.p. & ludacris' pimpin' all over the world
gangster - 2 examples - game 1 blood & akon locked up
preacher - kanye west jesus walks & common i have a dreeam
teacher - jadakiss why & 2pac
druggie - d12 purple pills & mobb deep smoke it

IMPORTANT: if you have a picture of 1 of the 5 stereotypes mentioned, but a different artist then i listed, it is NOT a problem, PLEASE still upload it. i will simply change the example of the artist/song to the 1 you gave me. thanks in advance

**EDIT** I could really use the teacher pics :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:21:23 AM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

Re: help with a school project (rap related)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
i could really use pictures (any # will do) if artists taking on a "teaching role"

swangin and bangin

Lunatic

swangin and bangin

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 11:39:30 AM »
http://www.thugpoetry.com/tq/photos/

these are just pics of t.q. :-\

how is he educating or teaching or w.e in any of these pics? ???

swangin and bangin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »

Lunatic

swangin and bangin

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »

Lunatic

swangin and bangin

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »
i'm doing a project on how the media portrays black males in hip-hop videos. i need pictures for examples. i know some of y'all on here got some real dope pictures, and i'm hoping you'd be kind enough to share them with me. they're are 5 categories.

Either I just don't get it, or there's something wrong with the whole concept you're working with. You're asking for pictures of how the media portrays black males in hip-hop videos? That's the black males portraying themselves in these videos, not the media! They're just using the media to get their videos out there. The media don't influence that!

I'm sorry I can't really help you with this though. Just random pictures of rappers posing wouldn't be too hard to find, but you're looking for high quality screenshots from hiphop videos?

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 02:37:47 PM »

Either I just don't get it, or there's something wrong with the whole concept you're working with. You're asking for pictures of how the media portrays black males in hip-hop videos? That's the black males portraying themselves in these videos, not the media! They're just using the media to get their videos out there. The media don't influence that!

I'm sorry I can't really help you with this though. Just random pictures of rappers posing wouldn't be too hard to find, but you're looking for high quality screenshots from hiphop videos?

lol, i prolly fucked up on the explanation. what ever dog. random pictures of rappers posing. i've been searching for a good portion of the day, and i got all the 1s i need accept the "teacher" pics. do you have any dog? preferably screenshots from videos, but poses will do as well ;)

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 03:44:16 PM »
Alright, that's all cool. So teacher pics it is. How about The T-Cha?

:D

I don't really have time to look hard right now. If you need it, I might be able to look into it later.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
yes krs-one is a teacher. but 2 be honest, the pic has to show him in a teaching role. i know man, shit is hard as fuck. i need a picture of them doing the deed (maybe with kids?) and i need a song to go along with it. so if you give me a pic of krs-one lets say actually teaching, i need a song 2 go along with it. the song doesn't have 2 DIRECTLY relate 2 the picture, but also in that teaching role.