Author Topic: The Official Tanjint's thoughts on 50 after listening to GRODT AND POTD thread  (Read 637 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can hook you up, just tell me what you need.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
I can hook you up, just tell me what you need.

all the stuff that you suggested.

btw, I was largely inspired to check his shit out thoroughly in some thread where you gave a little specifics on why GRODT was on the same par as Documentary.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i can't fuck with a snitch that rolls with 5-0

Shit like this is retarded.. your not fucking with him.. your not friends with him.. you don't hang out with him... you listen to his music.. that's it

lmao

MIAMI4LIFE

I agree, GRODT was a dope album and his shit before that was some of the best he's put out

Elevz

Glad you gave him a chance. Ive been listening to 50 ever since he became a protege of Jam Master Jay (my friend is a huge Run DMC fan).

Why don't I believe you when you say that?

XaNdEr

Why all the discussion man, 50's a rapper, like it or not but saying hes wack or hes super talented wont really matter much to him, at the end of the day he gets his paper and all the hating going on just makes him make more music and do his own thing.

he said hes gonna do some soul inspired music on his next album, and i KNOW that when the album drops this forum is gonna be flooded with posts and topics saying how much he has fallen off, how wack his new album is and w/e else.

i can only say i encourage artists to widen their scopes, just like the jay-z/linkin park tape, such albums are definately a positive addition to hiphop, cause the majority of rappers just makes the same album as everyone makes, just cause the label wants it or just for the money.

i think hiphop needs new stuff, music which inspires others to think outside the box and do their own thing, thats why i always have respected nas so much, he does his own thing for the most of the time.  50 too, he dont care much about the public, he makes his own album, a personal thing, not just another gangsta rap album or w/e.

and therefore i dont see the hate on the massacre, it was a nice album imo. not nearly as bad as many believe, i can listen to it without skipping anything plus theres no stupid skits and all that.

'EclipZe

G-unit stuff before 04 is on some high level ish, yall cant denie that yall werent bumpin that shit back then  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Glad you gave him a chance. Ive been listening to 50 ever since he became a protege of Jam Master Jay (my friend is a huge Run DMC fan).

Believe what you want, I have no reason to lie on these lil message boards but hey  :-X

KURUPTION-81

There has always been hate for 50 on this site, i remember when guess who's back came out. I was trying to tell people how good it was but no one would listen.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
The hate for 50 comes from his ego. Face it, people want to see the ones with the ego fall.

That's why people are now wanting game falls.

My opinion of 50... he is just an entertaining rapper. I think rap music needs to be like every other genre of music. Every other genre of music has their commercial artists, their sex symbol artists, their emotional artists, the political etc etc. 50 makes good music that makes people want to bob their heads.. And if you ever go to a hot club with some nice looking females, not one female gets off the dance floor when his music comes on. I honestly love when my wife (then girlfriend) was dancing to his music. It was good times.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent delivers the goods. Simple as that. If you want a club bangin hip hop song, 50 has it. If you looking to 50 to provide deep lyrics and unique concepts, you won't find it on his main stream albums (which people base their opinions on). If you want another side to 50 look at POTD. If you want catchy songs, get the Massacre or GRODT.

I actually like the post Massacre 50 a lot more then GRODT. That and BFM, which is probably the best release from G-Unit.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i thought both were enjoyable rap records, tracks flow nicely and nice beats,

i'd rather listen to my boy jayo felony

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me

as would I, but who on these forums doesn't listen to west coast rap? I was just renouncing the intensity of my hate for 50.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

as would I, but who on these forums doesn't listen to west coast rap? I was just renouncing the intensity of my hate for 50.

-T
i say that specifically because did jam master put jayo on the scene?