Author Topic: Bishop Lamont or Ya Boy  (Read 755 times)

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
Re: Bishop Lamont or Ya Boy
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:00:59 AM »
Ya Boy definetly

money i stack pay for my crack

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 08:42:03 AM »
There is enough room in my cd changer to bump both. I support them both. If I had a record label I would try to sign both of them.  8)

co-sign  8)

muthafuckaz always act like there can be only 1 superstar on the west coast.... ::)

$Eg2$

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 10:11:22 AM »
Ya Boy definetly

Bishop = next hitman LOL

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 10:37:05 AM »
Both are very dope mcs to me. as peops have said ya boy sounds so hungry whenever he spits but imo bishop is more flexible in terms of flow etc and has more charisma both on and off the mic. only thing with both of them is that they are not particularly good story tellers and bishop might get f*kin' annoying after a while if he keeps up with all his f*kin egotistical preaching sh*t that seems to be his thing on the newer tracks on this n*gger noise mixtape.     

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
Both are very dope mcs to me. as peops have said ya boy sounds so hungry whenever he spits but imo bishop is more flexible in terms of flow etc and has more charisma both on and off the mic. only thing with both of them is that they are not particularly good story tellers and bishop might get f*kin' annoying after a while if he keeps up with all his f*kin egotistical preaching sh*t that seems to be his thing on the newer tracks on this n*gger noise mixtape.     

His egotistical preaching would be effective to me if he didn't (imo: dumbly) diss gays in the same context as defending blacks.

you're right, I've never heard Bishop tell a story, but perhaps he could if he so chose.

LOL at Bishop being the next Hittman...it is possible...but for the sake of comparing circumstances....

Did hittman put out a bunch of mixtapes around/after 2001 dropped to keep his buzz going? Perhaps this would have pushed dre/jimmy to drop his album instead of dropping him.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

SGV

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
I can't get into an entire Bishop Lamont Mixtape because the beats are so so. He's got the lyrics, but he needs some solid beats to put him at that next level.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »
interesting that you say that, I've never been more open to non dre/warren/quik production than I am now and it's cause i recently listened to His 'the intro' mixtape. that shit had some bangers. have not checked nigger noise all the way through yet though
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
imagine ya boy spitting over dre beats...whoa !

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
Ya Boy>Bishop Lamont

PoP PoP THIZZ!!

YungLilGotiGambinoSoprano

• Lil Geezy
  • Lets get this party started
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
Bishop is cool but.  Ya boy or short call me YB dont try me carry gat like I.D. takes it.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
ya boy hands down better mc to

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »
Both are tight. 8)

Bishop is versatile and i like his topics better. Ya Boy comes across harder, he's viscious and can rip
a track to pieces.

XaNdEr

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 10:56:25 PM »

His egotistical preaching would be effective to me if he didn't (imo: dumbly) diss gays in the same context as defending blacks.

you're right, I've never heard Bishop tell a story, but perhaps he could if he so chose.

LOL at Bishop being the next Hittman...it is possible...but for the sake of comparing circumstances....

Did hittman put out a bunch of mixtapes around/after 2001 dropped to keep his buzz going? Perhaps this would have pushed dre/jimmy to drop his album instead of dropping him.

-T

thats whatsup with the game right now, every rapper is droppin an uncountable stream of mixtapes, in an age where theres already so much rappers coming out the whole industry is being overflooded by mixtapes, which in most cases is nothing but a collection of the newest leaked tracks, theres only a few standout mixtapes which really are worth listening to and bishop lamont's nigger noize and ya boy's chaper 1, the rise are both a part of the last category.

back when hittman was buzzin off the 2001 album, it was not the time of mixtapes, it was just comin up around that time in the ny scene, so hittman couldnt have used that as the best way to promote himself really, but if he did i doubt we would see him as a flop nowadays, cause hif dre/aftermath dropped him he would surely got signed by another label or something.

JAG

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »
I wanna hear more from Ya Boy is his mixtape out?
Check out my FREE debut mixtape sponsored by DubCnn.com right here at www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/jag and check my Myspace page at: www.myspace.com/jagzill.

mrfranklin

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »
It is what it is , bishop is way better than ya boy