Author Topic: Fuck the NBA !!! Kobe might get suspended again - Kobe Suspended  (Read 1488 times)

$Eg2$

Re: Fuck the NBA !!! Kobe might get suspended again - Kobe Suspended
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
Bottomline If it was Wade or LeBron the suspension wouldnt of happen.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
It has nothing to do with the shooting technique, Kobe has done the flailing-arms-after-getting-blocked move for years. It's his own natural reaction, that's even how that "ballerina" pic came along... like Phil Jackson said, it's NOT an unnatural basketball motion. Of course someone is gunna get smacked if they stand right under him, but he's concentrating on the shot, not whether he's gunna hit someone or not...You wanna call it a foul, fine. Even a flagrant foul if you want...But a suspension? Ridiculous. It was ridiculous the first time, and it's ridiculous now...And like I said, at the very least, if that IS the standard they've set, then they should stay consistant with it and suspend EVERYONE, not just Kobe. That's not what they've been doing though...Am I surprised? No...Does that justify anything? Of course not. :-\

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »
It has nothing to do with the shooting technique, Kobe has done the flailing-arms-after-getting-blocked move for years. It's his own natural reaction, that's even how that "ballerina" pic came along... like Phil Jackson said, it's NOT an unnatural basketball motion.

The fact is that being natural doesn't mean it's allowed. Even to make 3 steps holding the ball on your hands LeBron-James-style is something "natural", but it's not allowed (hey, i used the bad example! Sometimes it is, lol). If Kobe does it in Europe i'm sure they call it an offensive foul 9 times out of 10. And a flagrant 1 of 10.

Of course someone is gunna get smacked if they stand right under him, but he's concentrating on the shot, not whether he's gunna hit someone or not...You wanna call it a foul, fine. Even a flagrant foul if you want...But a suspension? Ridiculous. It was ridiculous the first time, and it's ridiculous now...And like I said, at the very least, if that IS the standard they've set, then they should stay consistant with it and suspend EVERYONE, not just Kobe. That's not what they've been doing though...Am I surprised? No...Does that justify anything? Of course not. :-\

Man i agree with you. Like i said that's not a faul they should have punished with the ban on the first place. But once they did it, it's normal they do it again. It's just a bad decision. Just one out of thousands, if you ask me.