Author Topic: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come  (Read 1007 times)

Desert Lord

Re: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »
i listen to this album for a few years and it never get boring...dope album i have a bootleg of this album...i don't know neither why they didn't release this on aftermath...jams like "big ballin'", "the game (it's ruff)" "squeeze yo balls" etc...damn
king tee - one of the greatest...hope to see more of him in the future he always have some good shit

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »
its still hard to understand why thia album was never released by aftermath. to me it is a west coast classic. there are some weak joints but the album as a whole is bangin'.

i think this was the first album finished at aftermath in like 98 (after the coimpilation) just before SSLP. i can understand why they chose not to release it before the label blew up but they f**ked themselves by going after only the big sellers and so called industry legends (t is a legend that dre can f**k wit, i never honestly understood how dre could work with rakim - not to say i wasn't interested in the results but i was damn sceptical).

i might be no business man but releasing T and Hitt would have kept the label's credibility alive which long term maintains sales. ok they would not have sold like 50 and em but it would have allowed the label to survive on two levels with good music and the big sales provided for by em and 50. can't fault them for just chasing paper but all these g-unit and shady affiliations and wack albums like the documentary and big bang has made aftermath a bit of a joke imo - not to say i aint anticipating bishop and detox.

slightly off topic and rant over...

man u right when u say the album has weak tracks... especially the tracks who dre produced!... wack as fuck!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 05:06:46 PM »
i didn't think there was any weak tracks on the album. the whole thing BANGS. I didn't consider documentary whack either, but yeah this is better in some ways.

T should have released the record after SSLP woulda been dope

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

djlocskeet

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »
SOMEBODY FIND ME KING TEE'S "DIPPIN" VIDEO GODDAMN IT.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
You got some good points,they need some credibility artists/albums not only big sellers that the streets don't respect. Bishop and Detox might restore some much needed credibility back to label. I blame Jimmy for fuckin' up the label.

Thanks homie. i agree about bishop and detox and hopefully the cuban linx II project as well.

I don't know about what you say about iovine though. hittman said in that dubcnn interview recently that he felt like dre was the reason he didn't come out and dre just blamed jimmy. hitt said bottom line if dre had felt it, it would have come out. jimmy often seems like an easy target. i guess we'll never really know though.

man u right when u say the album has weak tracks... especially the tracks who dre produced!... wack as fuck!

i don't agree i think the dre tracks are banging as beats but that track dre spits on about him being a gentleman etc is absolutely fekin' horrible!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
You got some good points,they need some credibility artists/albums not only big sellers that the streets don't respect. Bishop and Detox might restore some much needed credibility back to label. I blame Jimmy for fuckin' up the label.

Thanks homie. i agree about bishop and detox and hopefully the cuban linx II project as well.

I don't know about what you say about iovine though. hittman said in that dubcnn interview recently that he felt like dre was the reason he didn't come out and dre just blamed jimmy. hitt said bottom line if dre had felt it, it would have come out. jimmy often seems like an easy target. i guess we'll never really know though.

i don't agree i think the dre tracks are banging as beats but that track dre spits on about him being a gentleman etc is absolutely fekin' horrible!!

I think Hitt's contact with Iovine was real limited and because of that i don't even know how much he can accurately speak on it. we'll never know unless iovine/dre speak.

I like where dre spits about being a gentleman because he is more accurately representing himself which to me is dope. He still lets T be a G, furthermoe it's a break from the topics of typical west coast rap. but i can see how some people can see it as whack in such a context. I am as big a fan of blunts as any, and dre speakin' on blunts would have been dope too.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

teecee

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26:50 AM »
I love the King Tee album as much as anybody, its so damn consistent, and that Quik track is crazy.  But on the real, you can see why this was never released as their is no real commercial quality.  Sure us westcoast heads love this shit, but this was at a point where Dre was having trouble making hits and you can tell with his beats on this album. 

One thing i have always wondered, is Shaq really on that one song like the credits say?  I don't here him, am i deaf?

Anywau, definitely a dope King Tee album, but i don't think one song on here touches Freestyle Ghetto, Super Nigga, or Dippin (OG and remix).   Thy Kingdom COme will always be a personal classic though......

JohnnyL

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 05:54:21 AM »
its still hard to understand why thia album was never released by aftermath. to me it is a west coast classic. there are some weak joints but the album as a whole is bangin'.

i think this was the first album finished at aftermath in like 98 (after the coimpilation) just before SSLP. i can understand why they chose not to release it before the label blew up but they f**ked themselves by going after only the big sellers and so called industry legends (t is a legend that dre can f**k wit, i never honestly understood how dre could work with rakim - not to say i wasn't interested in the results but i was damn sceptical).

i might be no business man but releasing T and Hitt would have kept the label's credibility alive which long term maintains sales. ok they would not have sold like 50 and em but it would have allowed the label to survive on two levels with good music and the big sales provided for by em and 50. can't fault them for just chasing paper but all these g-unit and shady affiliations and wack albums like the documentary and big bang has made aftermath a bit of a joke imo - not to say i aint anticipating bishop and detox.

slightly off topic and rant over...

Well, you see. Dre has this habbit of producing and executive producing hit albums.  And then only putting them out if he feels like it.

Seriously, who the fuck knows....Dre's a weirdo.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 06:53:54 AM »
At least both King T and Hittman leaked,so we the die hard fans can enjoy them. It's Aftermath's loss.

True.

I'm feeling that "Step On By" track regardless of what Dre's rapping about. It's not like I believed he rolled around with his weapon off safety (Let Me Ride) anyway.

mrfranklin

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »
knig tee is one of those g'z that nobody can touchhe is the west coast version of kool g rap, and that is he is like wine the older the ebtter

JohnnyL

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 06:34:40 AM »
  If I remember correctly, didn't King T say a while back in an interview that "Thy Kingdom Come" album was going to get re-released with a few more tracks that had previously never leaked?  I seem to remember him talking about that in an interview on dubcnn (I think it was), right around the time he dropped that mixtape.  Anyone else remember this?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
If I remember correctly,didn't King T say a while back in an interview that "Thy Kingdom Come"album was going to get re-released with a few more tracks that had previously never leaked? I seem to remember him talking about that in an interview on dubcnn,right around the time he dropped that mixtape

Yes,it got re-released,it got more tracks. Nothing special

none dre/quik produced?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
whaaa, what are the titles on those new dre produced joints? I gotta at least give 'em a listen if anyone has 'em to share.

+1

-T

westcoastavengers.com