Author Topic: Pope declares Protestants cannot have churches.. LOL  (Read 211 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pope declares Protestants cannot have churches.. LOL
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:10:54 AM »
Protestant churches yesterday reacted with dismay to a new declaration approved by Pope Benedict XVI insisting they were mere "ecclesial communities" and their ministers effectively phonies with no right to give communion.

Coming just four days after the reinstatement of the Latin mass, yesterday's document left no doubt about the Pope's eagerness to back traditional Roman Catholic practices and attitudes, even at the expense of causing offence.

The view that Protestants cannot have churches was first set out by Pope Benedict seven years ago when, as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, he headed the Vatican "ministry" for doctrine. A commentary attached to the latest text acknowledged that his 2000 document, Dominus Iesus, had caused "no little distress".

But it added: "It is nevertheless difficult to see how the title of 'Church' could possibly be attributed to [Protestant communities], given that they do not accept the theological notion of the Church in the Catholic sense and that they lack elements considered essential to the Catholic Church."

The Pope's old department, which issued the document, said its aim was to correct "erroneous or ambiguous" interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, which ended in 1965. Quoting a text approved by the Council, it said Protestant churches, "because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood", had not "preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery".

However, other Christians saw the latest document as another retreat from the spirit of openness generated by the Council, which laid the basis for talks on Christian unity. Bishop Wolfgang Huber, head of the Protestant umbrella group Evangelical Church in Germany, said: "The hope for a change in the ecumenical situation has been pushed further away by the document published today."

He said the new pronouncement repeated "offensive statements" in the 2000 document and was a "missed opportunity" to improve relations with Protestants. The president of the Federation of Evangelical Churches in Italy, pastor Domenico Maselli, called it a "huge step backwards in relations between the Roman Catholic church and other Christian communities".

A statement from the French Protestant Federation warned that the internal document would have "external repercussions".

The Church of England reacted more cautiously than seven years ago when Dominus Iesus was issued and the then Archbishop of Canterbury, George Carey, denounced it as unacceptable. The spokesman for the current archbishop, Rowan Williams, said: "This is a serious document, teaching on important ecclesiological matters and of significance to the churches' commitment to the full, visible unity to the one church of Jesus Christ."

The Vatican's statement had fewer misgivings about the Orthodox Church, which had "true sacraments" and a genuine priesthood. But their failure to acknowledge the Pope's authority meant they suffered from a "defectus", politely translated from Latin as "a wound".

On Saturday, the Pope freed Catholics to ask for masses to be celebrated according to the Latin rite abolished by the Second Vatican Council. This meant the reinstatement of a Good Friday prayer describing Jews as blind to the Christian truth.

The president of the Italian rabbinical assembly, Giuseppe Laras, yesterday called it "a heavy blow". He told the daily Corriere della Sera: "We are going back. A long way back."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/pope/story/0,,2123195,00.html
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Narrator

Re: Pope declares Protestants cannot have churches.. LOL
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:16:55 AM »
Protestants suck.  All can go to hell.  I fully support Catholics' right to shoot Protestants without being accused of sectarian violence.  Up the 'RA!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:39:47 AM »
Protestants lack swagger.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »
And this is funny how, JML?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36:31 PM »
And this is funny how, JML?

Read up on your European history... go back about 400 years and you'll see why this is funny... actually, the fact that you have to go back 400 years makes it funny.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
fuck the protestant they dont respect the jesus mother, all the protestant kids i know diss they folks all the time they fucked up

Blu Lacez

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:11:38 PM »
fuck the protestant they dont respect the jesus mother, all the protestant kids i know diss they folks all the time they fucked up

^^
Well that's a shame, that the ones you know have little respect for thier moms!
But you shouldnt really be myopic to other protestants!!
This is not a diss, i'm just letting you know!!

As for the topic, i disagree with the Pope on this!!!
The Catholic Church is good, but there are a lot of things i don't agree with, and this Summation by the Pope is just another one to add to my list!!

Blu

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »
how does the chant go?

Fuck the Pope!!??  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Narrator

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Fuck Protestants.  Protestantism is the inspiration for every white supremecist movement in existence, from the KKK to Aryan Brotherhood to Christian Identity.

Killa Cam

• Lil Geezy
  • threw this mink in the sea one day cuz i was warm
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »
killa!