Author Topic: Man Eminem was great (The Eminem Show Era)  (Read 721 times)

GangstaBoogy

Man Eminem was great (The Eminem Show Era)
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:05:31 AM »
I got bored of the same old mp3s I've been playin lately, so I said fuck it - break out somethin I haven't listened to in a while. So I pull "The Eminem Show" off the shelf and take a listen.

I forgot how nice he was around 2002. He cut back on the silliness and just attacked beats. Even "Without Me" was dope...

"Well I'm back, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Fix your bent antenna tune it in and then I'm gonna
"

^ not really lyrical, but the word play was amazing.

Or what about some of these quotables...

"Now let's go, just gimme the signal
I'll be there with a whole list full of new insults
I been dope, suspenseful with a pencil
ever since Prince turned himself into a symbol
"

"I'm a lit fuse, anything I do bitch it's news
Pistol whippin motherfuckin bouncers, six-two
Who needs bullets? As soon as I pull it, you SWEAT bullets
An EXCELLENT method to get rid of the next bully
ACTUALLY better cause instead of you murderin
you can hurt 'em and come BACK again and kick dirt at em
"

"Bury my face in comic books, cause I don't want to look
at nothin, this world's too much, I've swallowed all I could
If I could swallow a bottle of Tylenol I would
And end it for good, just say goodbye to Hollywood
"

"My thoughts, are sporadic, I act, like I'm a addict
I rap, like I'm addicted to smack like I'm Kim Mathers
But I don't wanna go forth and back in constant battles
The fact is I would rather sit back and bomb some rappers
So this is like a full blown attack I'm launchin at 'em
The track is on some battlin raps who want some static?
Cause I don't really think that the fact that I'm Slim matters
A plaque and platinum status is WACK if I'm not the baddest
"

"The Eminem Show", "8 Mile Soundtrack" and his verses on "Cheers" and "Get Rich or Die Tryin" = Eminem's best era. For a while it look like he was gonna be the best rapper, best ceo, and a good producer at the same time. Too bad he followed up with some crap like "Encore"  :(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Man Eminem was great (The Eminem Show Era)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:33:56 AM »
Yea TES is my favorite Em album.. too me he came more serious on this album compared to his previous 2 and he seemed to have more emotion on this album.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »
Em had it on lock from 99-02, TES was a very dope album

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:34:06 AM »
Yea TES is my favorite Em album.. too me he came more serious on this album compared to his previous 2 and he seemed to have more emotion on this album.

Same here. On Re-Up he was dope again, well at least way better than on Encore, his flow is still wierd though.

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:36:22 AM »
^^ Its his flow that makes his music unbearable now, but yeah, reading these verses I'm just amazed at how perfectly everything fits together. Em was good back then. Good point, I should dust off my shelf too ;)

ABN

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:38:33 AM »
his lyrics were better on the MMLP but his flow on TES was amazing.

everlast1986

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 04:45:04 AM »
I prefer Infinite, SSLP, and MMLP over The Eminem Show by a whole lot but your right after listening to that after a long while its refreshing. I did the same with Get Rich Or Die Trying recently.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:28:53 AM »
I really wouldn't compare Em's first 4 albums, cause I think they're all really good.I'ma have to go through them again tho, cause it's been a while
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

TRG

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 06:51:30 AM »
hell yeah, 99-02 was his time, hopefully he can get back to that, he impressed me on the re-up, still anticipate his new album

rik

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
Yeah man, IMO Em was on top of his game on TES. That's my favorite Eminem album.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
I really wouldn't compare Em's first 4 albums, cause I think they're all really good.I'ma have to go through them again tho, cause it's been a while

when you say first 4, you mean infinite too?

also, TES would be as good as SS and MM if it was better produced. I recently took this off the shelf too, em rips shit to pieces but alot of the production is just not addictive. i always enjoy the record, but I never listen to it multiple times in a given time period.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:22 AM »

also, TES would be as good as SS and MM if it was better produced. I recently took this off the shelf too, em rips shit to pieces but alot of the production is just not addictive. i always enjoy the record, but I never listen to it multiple times in a given time period.

-T
Yeah man, I'm reffering to Infinite.I lisened to that album today and damn, he ripped shit apart there.And production is far from top notch, but dope nontheless
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »

-T
Yeah man, I'm reffering to Infinite.I lisened to that album today and damn, he ripped shit apart there.And production is far from top notch, but dope nontheless

the interview a while back, pretty recent actually, where Bishop Lamont says dre told him that he needs to stop rapping for rappers and rap for the people, that's the kinda shit infinite is. if you ain't a rapper/a lyrically inclined cat/someone really into lyrical hip hop, infinite's not for you. pretty inaccaessible record, but his shit is amazing.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
Don't ask why I know that album by heart. Lol. I was an Eminem fan. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You on point though my nigga. I rarely ever post in topics like these but I'm gonna cuz shit's true. ;D Eminem is a very talented emcee. He can touch on some many REAL reality settings that others miss out on. He wrote shit so fuckin' close related to me many times and I'm not white. :D So that says he can rap for the people, all people in general. I'm sure this nigga has done the same for all of ya'll, word? Word.

This cat is amazing and his wordplay is fuckin' crazy.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »

Same here. On Re-Up he was dope again, well at least way better than on Encore, his flow is still wierd though.

Eminem Show was probably his best, when he was in his prime, but MMLP was dope too.

I thought his flow was wierd on only a couple of tracks on the Re-Up, his verses were still pretty much flawless. I'll admit that Em did kinda fall of once Encore came out, but once I heard dude's verse on that Obie album, I knew he was back.

I still will count Em as one of the top 5 rappers in the game right now.