Author Topic: O.CRUZ & JAY-ROCK  (Read 152 times)

SGV-Kash

• Lil Geezy
O.CRUZ & JAY-ROCK
« on: March 23, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
I DONT KNOW IF IT'S JUST ME WHO THINKS THIS..BUT I WAS LISTENING TO DAT TRACK "CALIFORNIA SOULS" W/JAY-ROCK & GAME... & I SWEAR I THOUGHT JAY-ROCK WAS O.CRUZ... & THEN WHEN JULIO G. SAID WHO IT WAS I WAS LIKE WUTTA FUCK..THEY SOUND ALMOST IDENTICAL.. I TRIPPED OUT... DAT FOO JAY-ROCK HAS SOME HEAT... & TO MY EAR HAS SIMILARITIES TO O.CRUZ (VOCALLY).. BUT HE'S LESS ANNOYING.. JUST THROWIN DAT OUT THERE

We Fly High

Re: O.CRUZ & JAY-ROCK
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
damn i fuckin need to get this california soul song. cant find this shit online.

messi19

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
I DONT KNOW IF IT'S JUST ME WHO THINKS THIS..BUT I WAS LISTENING TO DAT TRACK "CALIFORNIA SOULS" W/JAY-ROCK & GAME... & I SWEAR I THOUGHT JAY-ROCK WAS O.CRUZ... & THEN WHEN JULIO G. SAID WHO IT WAS I WAS LIKE WUTTA FUCK..THEY SOUND ALMOST IDENTICAL.. I TRIPPED OUT... DAT FOO JAY-ROCK HAS SOME HEAT... & TO MY EAR HAS SIMILARITIES TO O.CRUZ (VOCALLY).. BUT HE'S LESS ANNOYING.. JUST THROWIN DAT OUT THERE

U got that California Soul song, with Jay Rock not the one with Sky Balla?

chunkc85

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Tha Buziness
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »

U got that California Soul song, with Jay Rock not the one with Sky Balla?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 01:08:30 AM »
Yeah man somebody please upload the version with Jay Rock and Game. Although hearing those 2 on the same song would be like listening to 2Pac f/ Tha Realest.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 06:24:49 AM »
Yeah man somebody please upload the version with Jay Rock and Game. Although hearing those 2 on the same song would be like listening to 2Pac f/ Tha Realest.

Yeah, Jay Rock & Game sound very much a like. The strange thing about Jay Rock's voice is that he loses that deep sound in his voice when he performs live. I saw some footage of him performing "Lift Me Up" at a Power 106-sponsored concert (I think it was on his myspace that you can watch it) and his voice sounded totally different. Probably the energy/adrenaline that plays a role...

Anyway, back to the matter at hand: I don't see any real similarities between Rock & Cruz' voices...Rock & Game on the other hand: definitely.