Author Topic: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread  (Read 1203 times)

d-nice

Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »
I know there are about 30 threads about this album but I am one of the few that has not heard the whole album until today. After 1 listen I think it is a good album. Nothing ground breaking but a definite improvement from CIA. The problem for me for CIA was the lyrics (kurupt in particular) and the sound was all over the place. DC has more of that DPGC sound with Daz, Soopafly and Ivan Johnson doing the beats. Good to hear Daz behind the boards again. Kurupt is improving but at times still depending too much on curse words to rhyme, but he had some nice verse on here. Favorites so far:

Mo Murda
Vibe
Blast On Em
Bucc Em
Where U From
It'z A Good Day
Blaze It Up
1 N 1 Out
This Gangsta Chit Iz Ourz (cold ass beat)

And it sounds good in a system. A Good Cruising album. 3rd best album after Dogg Food and D&YG. I will have more posts as I listen to it. Feel free to speak ya mind. Oh yeah if you want the 3 bonus tracks, buy it from Best Buy. If ya didn't, holla at me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:17:02 PM by d-nice »

floatin_above_everything

Re: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
Album just came out today. I can't give an opinion on this until at least a week of soak time.

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »
I hear ya. The more I listen to it, I will post what I think. Crazy to think Pull Ya Drawz Down is one of the first official songs Snoop has appeared and rapped with Daz on that Daz has produced in a while. I know there are alot of unreleased cuts Daz supposedly produced but it has been a while since I have heard Snoop on some Daz beats.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »
I hear ya. The more I listen to it, I will post what I think. Crazy to think Pull Ya Drawz Down is one of the first official songs Snoop has appeared and rapped with Daz on that Daz has produced in a while. I know there are alot of unreleased cuts Daz supposedly produced but it has been a while since I have heard Snoop on some Daz beats.

It sounds damn good so far, but I don't wanna say too much yet. All I can say is it sounds really good after like 1 spin.

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:38:55 PM »
Blaze It Up is a nice posse cut. The beat was not what I was expecting but this turned out dope. Good to hear Jayo Felony back doing it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »
How many threads do we need about this album?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

IzUwitIt

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:48:15 PM »
Blaze It Up is a nice posse cut. The beat was not what I was expecting but this turned out dope. Good to hear Jayo Felony back doing it.

Jayo gotta be my favorite MC but that was one of his worst verses ive heard in a long time

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »
How many threads do we need about this album?

Like I said, I have not heard the album until today and I don't feel like finding the other 30 threads on this and posting something. I always do a appreciation thread the week a album is out. I did one for Evidence. If it's a problem, the mods should delete it. No big deal.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
definite improvement, solid/consistent album as well. I think I may have killed some of the experience by peeping every single leaked track and playing them out. I cant listen to vibe/1n1out/where u from/etc, But I did think that introduction song was hard as hell, one of my favorite tracks off the bitch. I think this is what D&YG2 should have been, later on after I buy it I might make a compillation mixing DC and D&YG2 tracks since the blending and meshing would be pretty identical.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »
Album just came out today. I can't give an opinion on this until at least a week of soak time.

^
 Word..Do you really need a week to actually appreciate and make up ur mind about an album??
Cool..I usually make up my mind after a listening to the album from track one=>the last track..after I've bought it....

But I'll try and give it a little more time span than just a a couple of spins!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:36:11 PM by Blu Lacez »

greko

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
After first listening I'm really feelin this. RBX kills it in Bucc 'em. Also I like the hooks Snoop did... 8)

The Predator

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
'Make a move for ya gat and ill bury ya, make a move for ya gat and ill bury ya...' thats my shit right there.

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
Daz knows that DPG sound. The album sounds uniform and it flows from track to track. That beat for Bucc Em is  :o

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 05:42:20 PM »

^
 Word..Do you really need a week to actually appreciate and make up ur mind about an album??
Cool..I usually make up my mind after a listening to the album from track one=>the last track..after I've bought it....

I have to let an album soak, cuz u catch things you don't catch the first time. It's like working at a job that u might love the first day but after a week, straight up hate it.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »

^
 Word..Do you really need a week to actually appreciate and make up Ur mind about an album??

It's like working at a job that u might love the first day but after a week, straight up hate it.

^
   Story of My life..lol..

But you are right, about letting the music soak in..after  one needs some sort assurance that the money we spent on a CD is really worth it!