Author Topic: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread  (Read 1202 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »
there are 12 dope songs

Everybody
Anybody Killa
Vibe Wit A Pimp
Can't Get Enough
Dat Ain't My Baby
Where U From
Throw Ya Hood Up
It'z A Good Azz Day
Pull Ya Draws Down
Blast on 'em
Bucc 'em
Blaze it Up

the rest have some decent Kurupt verses but Daz's really dark synthesized production on those songs offers me nothing. if this album has taught me anything, it's that daz needs to stick to g-funk cause he's still dope at it. where you from/throw ya hood up/good azz day is such a good run of 3 dope songs. that's the best moment on the album to me, those 3 consecutive songs, flow perfect like 95. that intro is nice too, too bad i really don't like get out my way. does anyone else think the first 2 songs sound exactly the same?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 10:23:48 AM »
Give a listen to "Shit happens" on D&YG, it's much better than the whole Dogg Chit album...

I'ma huge DPG fan but you must realize they're washed up, sad but true  :-\

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:09 AM »
Give a listen to "Shit happens" on D&YG, it's much better than the whole Dogg Chit album...

i am juuust as familiar with D&YG as DC, if not more. and though shit happens(as well as a bunch of other tracks on the album) is tight. it doesn't take away the dopeness of

'good azz day'
'vibe'
'where u from' -possibly best track
'anybody killa'-possibly best track
'blaze it up'-the most original track on the album, and it's a banger.

D&YG is just as spotty and weak/inconsistent as DC for all the same reasons.

daz doesn't spit a verse on blaze it up, does he?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 10:36:42 AM »

i am juuust as familiar with D&YG as DC, if not more. and though shit happens(as well as a bunch of other tracks on the album) is tight. it doesn't take away the dopeness of

'good azz day'
'vibe'

-T

no just the hook.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »

'good azz day'
'vibe'

-T

no just the hook.

+1 thanks

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »
I have bumped this now about 5 or 6 times and I like the album. Nothing that I really skip, but there are a few bland tracks. The "Ho" tracks they make are bland to me. You can't top Bomb Azz Pussy. 1 N 1 Out sounds great in the system.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »
still not diggin 1 n 1 out's beat but the raps is cool, skipper for me

but the g funk on this album is still as good as when they invented it man. where u from is one of the best DP songs ever to me. mind you guys i didn't hear the track till now cause I didn't listen to it when it first leaked.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 10:50:58 AM »

but the g funk on this album is still as good as when they invented it man. where u from is one of the best DP songs ever to me. mind you guys i didn't hear the track till now cause I didn't listen to it when it first leaked.
-T

I really don't dig the beat much either but the bass and reverb in a system is insane. Dipp With Me was another track that would shake my whole car. Coastin too. I hope Dogg Chit does decent numbers and they decide to do more than 1 single.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »

-T

I really don't dig the beat much either but the bass and reverb in a system is insane. Dipp With Me was another track that would shake my whole car. Coastin too. I hope Dogg Chit does decent numbers and they decide to do more than 1 single.

given that it was sold out at every best buy i hit, i fuckin' hope so.

dipp wit me and coastin had some funk to them though, 1 n 1 out sounds like some shit styles p would diss someone to

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
I hear you. But Kurupt was spittin on that song though. I just dig the album. It's good to hear some dope music from them again. I am definitely anticipating the Kurupt solo album on Doggystyle now.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
I hear you. But Kurupt was spittin on that song though. I just dig the album. It's good to hear some dope music from them again. I am definitely anticipating the Kurupt solo album on Doggystyle now.

kurupt does spit there indeed

you mean koch? i hope it comes out.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

-T

Yeah on Doggystyle/Koch. He said in that dubcnn interview he has 3 tracks from Mel-Man.  :o

Kurupt and Fred Wreck always make dope music together. I think DPGC has got a nice thing going right now. Everyone is getting along and collabing to make dope music. They are like a west coast Wu-Tang. Self contained, no need for rappers or beats, everything is home grown if they want it to be.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »

-T

Yeah on Doggystyle/Koch. He said in that dubcnn interview he has 3 tracks from Mel-Man.  :o

Kurupt and Fred Wreck always make dope music together. I think DPGC has got a nice thing going right now. Everyone is getting along and collabing to make dope music. They are like a west coast Wu-Tang. Self contained, no need for rappers or beats, everything is home grown if they want it to be.

yeah i realized while listening to dogg chit, if Kurupt wants to rap over a dre beat, he'll rap over a dre beat (ie: anybody killa) so it's all good, you know? they'll do what they do and there will be some dope shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »

-T

yeah i realized while listening to dogg chit, if Kurupt wants to rap over a dre beat, he'll rap over a dre beat (ie: anybody killa) so it's all good, you know? they'll do what they do and there will be some dope shit.

-T

I am glad they are not waiting on Dre to collaborate. All of them have dope albums without Dre's beats so they can stand on this own. Kurupt can pick from Daz, Fred Wreck, Soopafly and a host of others so he is good. Same with Snoop now.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »

-T

-T

I am glad they are not waiting on Dre to collaborate. All of them have dope albums without Dre's beats so they can stand on this own. Kurupt can pick from Daz, Fred Wreck, Soopafly and a host of others so he is good. Same with Snoop now.

i still think snoop has as much access to dre as anyone, but he just has to touch bases with so many people there's too many reasons to not hook up with dre for more than 3 tracks per album.

-T

westcoastavengers.com