Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Quik & AMG (The Fixxers)  (Read 651 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Quik & AMG (The Fixxers)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »
Oh you making DVD's now? You cunning little minx! :D

I think it's weird though that Quik & AMG are trying to gain success with the popular sound that's currently out there. What ever happened to pushing the envelope and doing it your way and all that type of crap?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
Oh you making DVD's now? You cunning little minx! :D

I think it's weird though that Quik & AMG are trying to gain success with the popular sound that's currently out there. What ever happened to pushing the envelope and doing it your way and all that type of crap?

quik will of course, if they want this project to be any good, inject an appropriate level of funk and musicality into this project, thus twisting a popular style his way. i would hope anyway.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Chief

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 05:05:47 AM »
cool, quik actually made sense this interview!

good read.

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 06:33:40 AM »
dj quik sounds like an asshole

look

Dubcnn: So Quik....how do you look back at "Trauma" today, one and a half years later. Is it still the dopest album that you've ever done?

Quik: "Trauma"? The funny thing about it now is that "Trauma" to me is a better album now, I'm not being funny, it's a better album now. Especially if you listened to the Instrumental album of it. That music is so fucking hard, it's too far advanced. Then I go back and listen to the lyrics and the delivery. Even I was going through some shit, I still delivered the fuck outta them lyrics. It's just hot! You can't front on "Trauma", and if you do, you hating! It's a hot record.

LOL @ him basically sayin"no one cared about my album cuz it's over thier heads and they're haters!"

ou just do the best and you hope for the best. So I didn't win a Grammy, but I'm not mad about that. Because people like Martin Scorsese, who directed The Godfather, it took him 30 years to win an Oscar. But he finally got it just recently. So if I pattern my greatest success by his and if I don't win a Grammy in the next 5 years it won't stress me out, cause I'm sure probably sometime

francis ford coppolla directed the godfather you fuckin moron

---dj quik's head is too big within his own world and will drop another flop boring album like trauma

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 09:07:50 AM »
"Trauma" is the bomb, why u hatin?

Smoke

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »
dj quik sounds like an asshole

look

Dubcnn: So Quik....how do you look back at "Trauma" today, one and a half years later. Is it still the dopest album that you've ever done?

Quik: "Trauma"? The funny thing about it now is that "Trauma" to me is a better album now, I'm not being funny, it's a better album now. Especially if you listened to the Instrumental album of it. That music is so fucking hard, it's too far advanced. Then I go back and listen to the lyrics and the delivery. Even I was going through some shit, I still delivered the fuck outta them lyrics. It's just hot! You can't front on "Trauma", and if you do, you hating! It's a hot record.

LOL @ him basically sayin"no one cared about my album cuz it's over thier heads and they're haters!"

ou just do the best and you hope for the best. So I didn't win a Grammy, but I'm not mad about that. Because people like Martin Scorsese, who directed The Godfather, it took him 30 years to win an Oscar. But he finally got it just recently. So if I pattern my greatest success by his and if I don't win a Grammy in the next 5 years it won't stress me out, cause I'm sure probably sometime

francis ford coppolla directed the godfather you fuckin moron

---dj quik's head is too big within his own world and will drop another flop boring album like trauma

free hatin

westside159

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 03:39:01 PM »
TRAUMA was a alright album but it had to many weak songs , please i know a great album when i hear it

BEST QUIK ALBUM

1. QUIK IS THE NAME
2. RHYTM-I-LISM   8) 8)

NOW THIS IS THE SHIT WE BUMP !!!!!!!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
you know your money's got you safe and sound mayne

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

thephatmack

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
My first post...!!!
I'm sorry but Quik said he would revolutionise music with Trauma....
It was weak as hell.. like an EP in length and in term so longevity value his worst album bar none.
I was a big fan but the more I hear him interviewed the more I think he lies a little!
Probably just bitter.
Rhythmalism was the best produced hiphop cd of all time.
They say he needs to work with G One and Rob Bacon again.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »