Author Topic: Dogg Chit first week sales  (Read 1419 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
Re: Dogg Chit first week sales
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »
Do you really think Daz and Kurupt divide the profits evenly?  That shit wouldnt be fair.  Daz produces the songs and raps on them Kurupt only raps on them.  I think that Daz may get a lil more of the profits than Kurupt does.  This is only fair.  Also, I wonder how much DPG had to pay Game, TOO short, and snoop dogg for guest appearances.

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »
That's roughly 4.5 million before taxes  :o

lil jon & scott storch beats dont come cheap though! and he had a few on there..

plus marketing expenses...

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
Do you really think Daz and Kurupt divide the profits evenly?  That shit wouldnt be fair.  Daz produces the songs and raps on them Kurupt only raps on them.  I think that Daz may get a lil more of the profits than Kurupt does.  This is only fair.  Also, I wonder how much DPG had to pay Game, TOO short, and snoop dogg for guest appearances.

Not much. Most artists that are good friends in the industry are not going to charge alot if anything at all to be on their album. Game explained it when Kanye did Dreams for his first album as that is a expense the label takes care of. He asked Kanye how much he wanted and he said nothing. But for royalty purposes you have to be paid something so he put 1 dollar. I have to find the whole interview, it is on MTV. But indie artists do not have alot of money to be paying out for that so they usually do a favor for a favor.

wardy

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
yeh and with daz n kurupt being on too shorts and games new albums i reckon it was a favour for a favour
WWW.MJTKFS.COM

d-nice

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »
That's roughly 4.5 million before taxes  :o

lil jon & scott storch beats dont come cheap though! and he had a few on there..

plus marketing expenses...

May have considered it a favor for doing work on Crunk Juice. Lil Jon was helping Cube find a deal for his album and was considering signing him to his label. Same with Scott Storch. I am sure they are compensated but I am sure they are not asking for millions to do tracks for Cube.

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 10:44:23 AM »
yeh and with daz n kurupt being on too shorts and games new albums i reckon it was a favour for a favour

Artists do it all the time. Smart business move.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
74 percent in and they aint on the list still ... weak

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »
74 percent in and they aint on the list still ... weak

uh-oh... :-\

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!