Author Topic: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album  (Read 2725 times)

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »
I got my coworker hooked on this album.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2007, 12:01:22 PM »
fuck crack, this is chronic!  8)

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
this shit is really hot butch was a big part of the west coast resurection from 99-01 its good to see him workin with damizza the westcoast don its a good sign for the west again if i didnt say it hot ass album god damn 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »
oh damn i cant believe i have been sleeping for 2 weeks on this. tomorrow or sunday i'm gonna see if i can't find it.

yo butch and damizza... i always been feelin your shit and it's great to know there's still people making real music for the fans and representin. stay real.

hopeye

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
3331 GET THAT ALBUM!!!  8) 8) ;D 8) ANYONE THAT HASNT GOTTEN IT SHOULD U WONT BE DISAPOINTED!!!

4/5 DUBS
Dub Quotable: On this album, Butch and Damizza justify their status as overlooked West Coast maestros.

Finally, here is a collaboration that makes sense. Two of the West Coast’s most overlooked talents, slinky vocalist Butch Cassidy and inspired producer Damizza, have united. On “Back B4 Ur Lonely,” the mellow duo craft an accomplished album that ensures no listener will take their gifts for granted again.

Being under-rated as musicians isn’t the only thing that bounds these two men together. Damizza and Butch share an obvious love of traditionally smooth West Coast Hip-Hop. ‘Mizza’s slow keys and quivering synths are the perfect foil to Butch’s buttery croon. “Cruzin” sees a lustful Butch serenade the woman of his desire over a bouncy backdrop. Damizza’s carefree raps also work well here, with his sole request being “the Goose or a Heineken to drink.” Even the relatively fast tracks retain that relaxed, West Coast vibe. On the club oriented “In 2’s,” Mr. Cassidy nonetheless speeds up his flow on a sing-along chorus, boasting, “Who’s the tightest in the industry/Dame and Cassidy.”

While the party jams work okay, Butch and ‘Mizza excel as humorous lotharios. On “Once Lovers” a nostalgic Butch lists off a list of ex-dates that he was compelled to ditch, over ‘Mizza’s suitably sulky bass. “Sunshine in April, Summer in Spring/Let me do my thing,” coos the playful vocalist. Meanwhile, Damizza is delightfully straightforward on the melancholy key loop and echoing whines of “Str8 Playa,” bluntly stating, “my whole objective is to get you out that thong.”

At a humble twelve tracks, you could be forgiven for assuming that “Back B4 Ur Lonely” would benefit from a wildly experimental track or two. However, by sticking to the funky blueprint that both of these men’s skills are catered to, we are left with a wonderfully cohesive album that can be played from beginning to end. On this album, Butch and Damizza justify their status as overlooked West Coast maestros. Hopefully, this all-too-brief offering will result in the shine that the pair deserves.

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2007, 12:04:46 PM »
Just got it. It's dope from track 1 to 12. Best 2007 westcoast album... Damizza's prods. are top notch & Butch's hooks are sooooooooo smooth.
... can't wait for Butch solo album 8)

hopeye

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »
 8) Got a bullitin on myspace from Butch and Damizza with some new videos of them performing and promoting the new album and single CRUZIN!!!

PROPS! They show their fans alot of luv!!!

(CRUZIN LIVE!)

Power 106 FM Interview w/ Big Boy's Neighborhood in Los Angeles

(Pt. 1)

(Pt.2)

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »
whens that contest ending? i went to best buy and didn't see it. i'll look some other places this weekend but a free signed copy would be ideal..

Lunatic

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2007, 03:50:11 PM »
whens that contest ending? i went to best buy and didn't see it. i'll look some other places this weekend but a free signed copy would be ideal..

;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
Yup I still got "Cruzin" & "Get Your Party On" on rotation. Shit is tight. 8)

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2007, 10:16:13 PM »
8) Got a bullitin on myspace from Butch and Damizza with some new videos of them performing and promoting the new album and single CRUZIN!!!

PROPS! They show their fans alot of luv!!!

(CRUZIN LIVE!)

Power 106 FM Interview w/ Big Boy's Neighborhood in Los Angeles

(Pt. 1)

(Pt.2)

cool let me check this!

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2007, 12:48:48 AM »
gotta give it up once again to bc and damizza.

will-i-die bumpin
bc and damizza - cruzin

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
now i feel Str8 Playa! cool track!

str8hiphop831

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2007, 04:04:47 PM »
that "cruz'n" cut is the shit  8) stay down for that damizza

ButchCassidy

• Lil Geezy
  • BACK B4 YOU'RE LONELY IN STORES NOW!!!
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »
8) 8) 8)

I wanted to stop by again and give everybody props for supporting "Back B4 You're Lonely"!!!! Damizza and I worked really hard to get the music out to you the fans and it makes it all worth it when I sit back and read the comments you have all left. I wanna start by saying thank you to : Tanji Crew, Lunatic 63 , Will-I-Die, Overseadog, Toshdawg, Groounded in the 661, Snoopaveli reppin in France, Xander, Kampfsau (hope you got the album and liked it!), DNice, Athleticfan1, 3331,Str8hiphop831,TheTruth#34,Calikorleone keep gettin the co-workers hooked!!!

Most of you have questions about my solo album, I can't say too much but there are alot of suprises on the album, im in NYC right now finishing up some tracks and the album is also being mixed as we speak in LA @ "Area 51" Toshdawg you mentioned a track I did with Titus Fuck and yes its a sick track I wanna put it on my album....we will see..So be on the lookout BABYREE/KCP CREW IN FULL EFFECT 2007 Damizza got some heat coming with his new project with Bishop Lamont called "ill clinton", new signee's LA BLUES ALLIANCE, Taje all coming soon! Keep requesting CRUZIN @ your local radio station, Keep Supporting the West Shout out to DUBCNN.COM!!! 8) 8) 8)

I leave you all with some videos to check out:

"CRUZIN LIVE VIDEO"

Interview with Big Boy's Morning Show on Power 106 FM pt.1

Pt. 2 w/ Big Boy, Butch Cassidy and Damizza

Joe Pesci Now thats gangsta!!! BABYREE
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:42:23 AM by ButchCassidy »
Butch Cassadizzle