Author Topic: is boss life doing anything  (Read 436 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: is boss life doing anything
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 01:21:28 PM »
As terurible as music sales are right now, the only track on this album that could make big noise in terms of sales is "Imagine". He should go for it, this might be his last album.

I don't see snoop slowing down at all

yeah he been droppin albums... why you think he would stop now

Read the post I made after wat u quoted.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 01:22:26 PM »
Nas had controversey, but he didn't have a strong second single which made the difference. Snoop was gonna prob go gold just off of the strength of himself, even if "Vato" was the only single. Then he hit them with "That's that Shit" which carried him over. Even that wack ass "Candy" was popular out here.

Nas can still be happy knowing that he's the superior rapper of the 2.

Nas could of gone gold off name as well, in fact he did. about the singles thing: aww well, doesn't change the facts
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 01:23:31 PM »
Nas had controversey, but he didn't have a strong second single which made the difference. Snoop was gonna prob go gold just off of the strength of himself, even if "Vato" was the only single. Then he hit them with "That's that Shit" which carried him over. Even that wack ass "Candy" was popular out here.

Nas could of gone gold off name as well, in fact he did.
Basically, but the reason he's behind Snoop is because the 2nd single didn't pick up. Plus Snoop came out 1-2 months before Nas correct? When "Hustlers" comes out, Nas won't go platinum, but he might match Snoop.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »

Nas could of gone gold off name as well, in fact he did.
Basically, but the reason he's behind Snoop is because the 2nd single didn't pick up. Plus Snoop came out 1-2 months before Nas correct? When "Hustlers" comes out, Nas won't go platinum, but he might match Snoop.

what i've noticed in the last yr or so, is that 2nd single hasn't really had that much of an impact on record sales ???

I think we can agree that T.I.'s "Why You Wanna" was 1 of the strongest (if not the) strongest 2nd single of the entire yr. T.I. was just behind 1 mil (i mean JUST BEHIND) when Why You Wanna PREMIERED. So he basically went plat. off what you know alone, and why you wanna/live in the sky, promotion off being on dro's single, and the top back remix video (OG version was on the album) and he's not gonna hit 2x mill, and he's still the leader in hip-hop sales right now (recent albums)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
Nas is a better lyricist than Snoop but Snoop is a better rapper.

Anyway, hip hop artists can drop dope songs all day, people are tired of the same shit man. Snoop can drop a g funked out Dre produced Nate-hook laced BANGER and people will happily listen to it but they're not gonna pay 15 bucks to listen to it again. It's over, people. Hip hop is the most heavily bootlegged music i can think of. It will fall before all other music. snoop's already platinum. but without another akon style hit , he won't go past gold from now on. and in a few years even that will fade.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »

Anyway, hip hop artists can drop dope songs all day, people are tired of the same shit man. Snoop can drop a g funked out Dre produced Nate-hook laced BANGER and people will happily listen to it but they're not gonna pay 15 bucks to listen to it again. It's over, people. Hip hop is the most heavily bootlegged music i can think of. It will fall before all other music. snoop's already platinum. but without another akon style hit , he won't go past gold from now on. and in a few years even that will fade.

-T

snoop ain't plat dog. Maybe world-wide, or units shipped or whatever. But if were going by units sold (most ppl go by), he's at like 8-something

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »

-T

snoop ain't plat dog. Maybe world-wide, or units shipped or whatever. But if were going by units sold (most ppl go by), he's at like 8-something

you know what i mean, he's as platinum as he's gonna get. he's way beyond gold. let me put it this way: by the time his next full length LP is released, TBCT will be platinum. so for all intents and purposes TBCT is a platinum record. he's not gonna revert back to gold and it's not gonna stop selling at least a little over time, he's not gonna go PAST plat so for all our purposes of reference, the record is platinum dog.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »

-T

you know what i mean, he's as platinum as he's gonna get. he's way beyond gold. let me put it this way: by the time his next full length LP is released, TBCT will be platinum. so for all intents and purposes TBCT is a platinum record. he's not gonna revert back to gold and it's not gonna stop selling at least a little over time, he's not gonna go PAST plat so for all our purposes of reference, the record is platinum dog.

-T

ohh, I feel you dog. Yea, he is quite a bit passed gold, I sure as hell hope he officialy hits the 1 mill mark.

+1

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 01:38:12 PM »

:o

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »

-T

-T

ohh, I feel you dog. Yea, he is quite a bit passed gold, I sure as hell hope he officialy hits the 1 mill mark.

+1

+1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »

allow me to clarify, Snoop's style is miles above....well...anyones. Nas has a sick style, but his main artistic strength to me is his lyricism.

I could state it like this:

Snoop is a better MC(sounding musical, sounding dope, rocking the crowd, sounding entertaining/pleasing to the ear, vocal dexterity, voice, delivery, rhythm, flow) but Nas is a better poet (message, punches, story telling, complexity, structural skill etc.). both equall dope artists to me, but as far as RAPPIN' (not what the raps are about) Snoop stomps anyone.
He's one of the few cats whose actual rapping is a funky sound in itself.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:12 PM »
Album will go Platinum, we know it, but after that Snoops needs to slow down and step away from the scene to make a strong come back after, Nigga is everywhere droppin music all the time. he needs to slow it up so we can expect sumthin from him and anticipate his shit

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »

allow me to clarify, Snoop's style is miles above....well...anyones. Nas has a sick style, but his main artistic strength to me is his lyricism.

Snoop is a better MC(sounding musical, sounding dope, rocking the crowd, sounding entertaining/pleasing to the ear, vocal dexterity, voice, delivery, rhythm, flow) but Nas is a better poet (message, punches, story telling, complexity, structural skill etc.).
both equall dope artists to me, but as far as RAPPIN' (not what the raps are about) Snoop stomps anyone.
-T

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »

Snoop is a better MC(sounding musical, sounding dope, rocking the crowd, sounding entertaining/pleasing to the ear, vocal dexterity, voice, delivery, rhythm, flow) but Nas is a better poet (message, punches, story telling, complexity, structural skill etc.). both equall dope artists to me, but as far as RAPPIN' (not what the raps are about) Snoop stomps anyone.
-T

I feel ya, Nas is my GOAT though, so I'm not budging on this one. 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »

-T

I feel ya, Nas is my GOAT though, so I'm not budging on this one. 8)

when it comes to conventional MC-dom from the origin land in the East, Nas is king no doubt. But it's just different lineages. To the east coast, old school is Grandmaster Flash, RunDMC, LL, P.E. etc. to the west coast old school is P Funk, Zapp, Mayfield etc. Nas is trying to represent lyrically as an MC..Snoop is bringin' on the funk. so it's whatever lineage you subscribe to i guess.

I love nas' shit too man, Illmatic is one of my top 4 HH albums for sure. I'm gonna see nas at rock the bells...it's gonna be insane, I hope he does some shit with wu, like verbal intercourse.

-T

westcoastavengers.com