Author Topic: Has a [HIP-HOP SONG] ever actually motivated you to get up and do something?  (Read 516 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
I mean its one thing to relate to a song, but has a [westcoast] or [hiphop] song ever motivated you to go out and do something? If so, what song and why. Heres mine:

"Theres Some Way Out - Dillinger & Young Gotti,

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Common's "Its Your World" gives me strenght to be what i want to be
R.Kelly's Happy Summertime makes me wanna go out downtown and flirt with the bitches
2pac's Outlaw (from me againts the world) makes me wanna shoot someone

jeromechickenbone

Hmmm lots of Hip Hop songs have motivated me to smoke and drink. 

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hmmm lots of Hip Hop songs have motivated me to smoke and drink. 
LOL amen to that!

but lately its just motivated me to stop listenin to it,

WestCoasta

Daz n Kurupt - We About to Get Fuccd Up

trigga gots no hearts makes me stone cold :scarface:

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
creep n crawl makes me wanna smoke some slobs

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
but lately its just motivated me to stop listenin to it,

I can relate to that. I find myself listening a lot less to (gangsta) rap music than a few years ago. All the talk about guns, slinging drugs, beating on people...I simply can't relate to it. In the past, I didn't have a single problem with those type-of-lyrics, but now I really have a tough time accepting what they're rapping about. I mean, if they're just talking about what happens in "the hood", then I can live with it. But a lot of times it goes up to a point where they're actually boasting about "nigga I'll shoot you if you come down here" and that's something I simply can not support any longer.
So, nowadays, chances are big that you'll find me bumping artists like Self Scientific, Clinton Wayne, Crooked I and Talib Kweli whereas in the past I used to listen to "hardcore" artists like Watts Gangstas, Jayo Felony, Killafornia Organization, etc...

---> I'm not saying that I no longer listen to those albums. "Take A Ride" is one hell of good album and I love bumping "Funk 2 Da Head" for example, but I can simply no longer appreciate lyrics where they talk about shooting or beating up people. Simple as that.

But, to answer your question: yeah, some songs have definitely motivated me (in terms of concentrating on studying):

Tupac - Me Against The World
Tupac - Young Niggaz
Nas - I Can

Chief

maybe to make money, slap bitches, smoke weed, and kill slobz all day... thats about it.

Paul

i wear my stunna glasses at nite makes me wanna go to a club and get wasted
funkyfreshintheflesh

~Lucien~

maybe to make money, slap bitches, smoke weed, and kill slobz all day... thats about it.

and you're from australia  ::)

Si-Chiggedy

"Compton Bomb" from Eiht makes me wanna chiiiiill! and "Just Tha Way U Like It" from Nine Inch Dix makes me wanna dance the mutherfucker outta me.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

d-nice

Man too many to count.

Picture Me Rollin- 4 all the haters. Makes me want to hustle even more and get things accomplished

Makaveli- Hold Ya Head

Ice Cube- Cash Over Ass/The Curse Of Money: I listen to it on payday.

And when I work out, nothing like some Bomb 1st to get me hyped.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Public Enemy, Paris, Immortal Technique motivate me to protest GW

Chief

and you're from australia  ::)

yeah, well if i see any slobs you best believe caps will be peeled.