Author Topic: Can U Werk Wit Dat = LAFFY TAFFY pt. 2....  (Read 907 times)

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Can U Werk Wit Dat = LAFFY TAFFY pt. 2....
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
to me this song is like a poor mans version of "this is how we do", where they just went totally simple with the beat and tried to make it into something fresh.  Now this song is nowhere near "this is how we do", but it's not horrible, it gets people jammin in the clubs......and thats exactly what it was made for, so what's the problem?

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »
Hmmm.........

L.A. people have been on this song, and most haven't even complained about Quik sellin out by doin it. It gets great response in L.A. clubs and people always request it. However....most L.A. people at this point have NO pride in L.A. music, and would rather hear Laffy Taffy pt. 2 than Safe n Sound pt. 2.

If you ask me.....I can't really knock Quik for doing this...

As for Quik doing something "different," he is, but it's definitely not his own sound as someone said. Herbie Hancock changed his style a lot for the album with "Rock it," and most of his hardcore Jazz fans hated it...but he was doing something a LOT different from the typical pop and 80's music that was out, and changed the game. So if Quik did abandon the funk to try somethin completely different, and it was hot, then we couldn't knock it...even as Timbaland has done by taking the pop formula and puttin his own thing to it. But this song here is nothing but a blatant rip off of every snap song out...and I still bump it and listen to it, but not as a Quik song.

Man, I got a lot of respect for your music analysis.  I actually like his new track because it's his interpretation of the climate, technology.  Quik is a master at adaptation and he shows it with this.  Wether you like or not, it's not easy to make hits.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 08:50:39 PM »
Trust me.. it's just gonna get better..  ;)
Song is kool.. But Quik & AMG are comin with some Fire!!! Trust.. album will be realy dope.. It's not gonna be all south.. as a matter of fact.. it's gonna be some new style.. Just so excited when it drop's..

its possible but this single is as good of an indication as we got.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 04:26:56 AM »
One thing i can respect from DJ Quik is that hell tell u straight up that hes not gonna go westcoast wit this album.

He tells u straight up that he was making that westcoast music, album after album and he wasnt getting anything out of it.
So hes gonna try something different.

I can respect that cus hes made a bunch of westcoast albums thats made him a legend so why not try something that u usually dont do.

Actually he said the same damn things before dropping "Under Tha Influence" and "Trauma".. "it's not West Coast blabla", I don't know why he's so scared to sound West Coast.

XaNdEr

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »
Makes me wonder why a person who produced for, and worked with, legends and greats like 2pac, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ludacris etc. has gone to such a low level that he must imitate a music style thats never was something to begin with...

Fuck all this snap shit, Quik needs to do his own thing.

@ R-Tistic, i agree with all your points. Good post. +1

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
i actually dont mind the song, i just wish the hook was beter....basically amg needs to stay away from the hooks

i always felt if trouble had a better hook it wouldve been amazin , same with this track..

but str8 up, quik can do what eveer the fuck he wants, he paid his dues...he can record himself taking a shit for all i care
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll