Author Topic: Dave Chappelle breaks L.A. Laugh Factory record  (Read 190 times)

grasshiphopper

• 'G'
Re: Dave Chappelle breaks L.A. Laugh Factory record
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »
dane cook sucks
he tries too hard to be funny

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dave Chappelle breaks L.A. Laugh Factory record
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »
T, you got offended because Dave Chappelle made a historical error in a COMEDY show?

Yeah, I found that kinda odd myself.

LOL. I can just imagine it...Tanjint's eyes opening all wide. "WHAT?!? WHAT did he just say?!" *shuts off Dave Chappelle and storms out of the room to go notify everyone of the atrocity he just witnessed*

it was similar. let me explain

Chappelle was trying to make yet another white bashing point, he was using that Chris Rock bit where you talk about how Blacks and Whites see America differently (yeah original as fuck) and he was saying "Imagine if we went back in time, a black and a white guy. The white guy would be like "Oh it's george washington, the father of this nation...why he wrote the declaration of independence..." and then he proceeds "and the declaration of independence"...and goes on to attack america's failure to adhere to the precepts laid forth in the document and ends with 'the black guy sees george washington and it's RUN nigga!" or some shit like that.

so, it was a live performance, I saw thousands of people in the audience not notice that shit at all, and it reminded me of the episode of chappelle show when they were doing that 'i know black people' contest and they said that white woman correctional officer said for blacks to progress they need to 'get out and vote' and everyone laughed and thought it was the shit and chappelle is considered to be at the cutting edge of social commentary or whatever these days and I thought 'great, another 5 million people that think it's cool to not vote' and i thought 'another 100, 000 people that think george washington wrote the declaration of independence' another 75,000 black kids that'll do shitty on a test and turn into a statiistic that people on dubcnn are gonna throw at my face next time a discussion of race comes up. it just reminded me that chappelle is among the many intelligent talented people in the entertainment industry that makes ignorance and apathy seem cool and that shit is just played the fuck out to me. furthermore, I like to feel like the comedians i'm listening to are on the same level as me, you know? Like i can sit, listen and dig what they're saying. like chris rock, i read his book and he's a smart and funny dude....and I know chappelle is too so when he does some shit like that it's just like...I lose my suspension of disbelief, I'm no longer talking on the same terms as he is, we're not speaking about a world that rests on the same foundations so to expect understanding in the discussion of ideas that herefore takes place is too much to expect.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram