Author Topic: Boss' Life - Snoop Dogg featuring Nate Dogg (Produced By: Dr. Dre) - Flop???  (Read 1370 times)

Lion King

• Lil Geezy
I thought this was really gonna blow up - I mean Snoop & Dre together again and Nate on the hook. But it is barely getting any airplay + I haven't seen the video once on TV!!!
Is this officialy a flop!?
It's a shame though cause the track is hot...

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
if they released the AKON version as a single it would be a commercial successs. its because nate dogg is past his prime... and should retire.

Si-Chiggedy

nate dogg hasn't past nothing and def. should NOT retire, it's cause nobody  is interested in Snoop/Dre/Nate collabos no more these days. A few years ago, these names alone would have been enough for a hit, but nowadays u need TR808 claps or Akon on the hook, or 50/Dre collabos. Snoop/Dre doesn't work no more in commercial viewpoints. The track is certified fire, so is the video, but nobody will buy it. Look at "Cali Iz Active", it was an album that has many songs with commercial potential, features and production too, but people aren't interested it no more.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
it is a shame its getting no airtime. Why did akon not wanna be in the video

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
that's that has many plays i thought boss life just need time

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
People would be interested to see Dre and Snoop togheter.. imagine! I don't understand why nobody ever considered it a potenial single.

daggo

• 'G'
Had completly forgotten this track after one listen...
True that imagine is way better

ToOoOoN!!!

that track is fire,we the REAL fans always like snoop/dre collabos fuck it if they dont show the video we still gonna blast that track!  8)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:53:29 AM by TONY ESP!!! »

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I have never heard it on the radio at all.  IMO the song is too slow for radio.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

XaNdEr

I thought this was really gonna blow up - I mean Snoop & Dre together again and Nate on the hook. But it is barely getting any airplay + I haven't seen the video once on TV!!!

Lol, Snoop is not what he used to be (at least for mainstream's definitions), nobody will cop his albums anymore and Nate, man nowadays people forget all about him. If SNoop left Akon on the hook it woulda blown up much bigger, like it or not.

Imo the lyrics on R&G: The Masterpiece really hurted Snoop's reputation. Like someone else said before me, half the people buying albums nowadays is girls and women, and that was the "group" who really was discriminated on Snoop's album (Can U Control Your Ho anyone  ??? ) and yeah that was definately a big blow for Snoop's reputation. And next to that all his courtcases from the last year(s) arent helping him either.

Imo, only Akon could have made Boss' Life a succes, and im not gonna discuss wether he has skill or not, all i say is Akon, right now, is immense popular in the mainstream, and everything with his name will sell at least a bit.

Plus the fatc that the "mainstream" doesnt check for Dr. Dre, and seriously what reason could they possibly have?? Dre's last beats werent bad, but nothing groundbreaking or really special. The beats were all good (on Jay-Z's album, Snoop's album, the Stat Quo song on The Re-Up, Young Buck's album etc.) but come on, those were no Deep Cover's or Xxplosive's, and y'all know it.

You might think im a fan of mainstream rap by saying this. But i can be really clear about this. I like good music, and i dont care if it's underground or mainstream or whatever other words there are. All i say is that if you wanna get good album sales, you have to make a album which appeals to the wishes the mainstream has. And Snoop made a jewel with his last album, but nothing mainstream worthy.

And half the people in here are hipocrits cause i know they gonna reply with "fuck the mainstream" but yet the same people making such statements are obsessed with albumsales. It is what it is, i cant help it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:54:20 AM by Xander. »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've only seen the video once over here in the UK

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
What kills the song is the subject..its kind of boring...and the video (although the its high budget)...is nothing special when i think about it, looks like the video was made just to remind the listeners that the album is in stores

XaNdEr

What kills the song is the subject..its kind of boring...and the video (although the its high budget)...is nothing special when i think about it, looks like the video was made just to remind the listeners that the album is in stores

Young Joc doesnt really have any single with much subject either, yet he sold/sells, and Snoop not, lol.

d-nice

Lol, Snoop is not what he used to be (at least for mainstream's definitions), nobody will cop his albums anymore and Nate, man nowadays people forget all about him. If SNoop left Akon on the hook it woulda blown up much bigger, like it or not.

Imo the lyrics on R&G: The Masterpiece really hurted Snoop's reputation. Like someone else said before me, half the people buying albums nowadays is girls and women, and that was the "group" who really was discriminated on Snoop's album (Can U Control Your Ho anyone  ??? ) and yeah that was definately a big blow for Snoop's reputation. And next to that all his courtcases from the last year(s) arent helping him either.

Imo, only Akon could have made Boss' Life a succes, and im not gonna discuss wether he has skill or not, all i say is Akon, right now, is immense popular in the mainstream, and everything with his name will sell at least a bit.

Plus the fatc that the "mainstream" doesnt check for Dr. Dre, and seriously what reason could they possibly have?? Dre's last beats werent bad, but nothing groundbreaking or really special. The beats were all good (on Jay-Z's album, Snoop's album, the Stat Quo song on The Re-Up, Young Buck's album etc.) but come on, those were no Deep Cover's or Xxplosive's, and y'all know it.

You might think im a fan of mainstream rap by saying this. But i can be really clear about this. I like good music, and i dont care if it's underground or mainstream or whatever other words there are. All i say is that if you wanna get good album sales, you have to make a album which appeals to the wishes the mainstream has. And Snoop made a jewel with his last album, but nothing mainstream worthy.

And half the people in here are hipocrits cause i know they gonna reply with "fuck the mainstream" but yet the same people making such statements are obsessed with albumsales. It is what it is, i cant help it.

Snoop has been degrading hoes since Doggystyle so that did not start with R&G. I think Snoop selection of singles at times is not good. Not to say Boss' Life is a bad choice, but like you said, Akon is the man right now. He HAS to be on that single for it to blow up. It's a no brainer. Nothing against Nate, but Akon is all over the place.  I just think with BCT it tried to cater to too many people. For the most part the tone is gangsta for the 1st half and all over the place after Like This. Don't be surprised if you see a R&G pt 2 for his next album though.

floatin_above_everything

This is Snoop's 4th single you all should realize by now that if a rapper is lucky enough to get a 3rd or 4th single, they won't play it. Look at Jay'Z's "Minority Report", The Game's "Wouldnt Get Far". People's attention spans are short, and the stations don't wanna give too much to an artist. It's all about the 1st and 2nd single nowadays.