Author Topic: Larceny South presents: Young Rell  (Read 72 times)

Doughboy

• Lil Geezy
Larceny South presents: Young Rell
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »
There's a reason that Young Rell's fans have nicknamed him "Mr. Overtime" -- because while others take a backseat to fate, Young Rell is known for stepping up and putting in work to make things happen. Only two months after his 19th birthday, he's already released his fourth mixtape, and is already doing things lyrically and artistically that even industry veterans can't touch.

Young Rell picked up on hip-hop the way most black kids in his hometown on the East side Nashville, TN did - he was immersed in it. Brought up in a lower-middle class family, Rell wasn't exactly rich, but he wasn't exactly broke, either. After his father left him at age 13, however, Young Rell found himself thrust into early manhood, and his family's economic situation grew drastic. Now the man of the house, Rell was forced to look to the street life to hustle and provide for his family. Before long, Rell had seen more violence done by the hands of both friends and enemies than most people see in a lifetime, and he began to search for a creative outlet to tell the story he was living. Influenced by the realities he and his friends and family had experienced in the city, Rell recorded his first song at age 15.

Since then, Rell's lyricism has attracted not only a large fanbase, but also the accolades of several heavy hitters in the Southern rap industry. To date, he has worked with producers such as Shannon Sanders (India.Aire), Fate Eastwood (Lil Flip, Young Jeezy), Carlos Broady (B.I.G., Wu-Tang, Royce the 5'9"), and graced tracks with All Star of Cash Money as well as DJ Red and DJ Set Swift. The business acumen developed in his hustling days has constantly impressed industry heads nationwide as well, and each of his three prior mixtapes - The Challenge, Overtime Vol. 2, and Let Me Do Me - have sold thousands of copies each within his city alone. Recently, after attracting the attention of Larceny Ent. head T.K. at a video shoot in Nashville, Young Rell has taken the position as Larceny's flagship Southern artist, and has several Larceny-related project spots slated, including the long-awaited Larceny Ent. Presents mixtape, where he will appear alongside West/East Coast stars Young Hootie and El Dorado Red.

Not one to let his recent fame and success go to his head, however, Young Rell is still hard at work on his aptly-titled upcoming album, Hard Work. His gritty, reality-based lyrics show a reflection both of how he lives his life and where he is trying to take things with his music. As he said in a recent interview, "Nobody hustles because it's fun. People want to do something positive, but people got to survive. So anyone I can speak for, anyone I can help with this shit, I will." Young Rell's street-level consciousness, combined with his unique flow and songwriting sense make this rising star one to watch for in 2006.

Young Rell EPK:

https://www.youtube.com/v/D8hxgUHSQcg