Author Topic: The Official NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 1925 times)

wcsoldier

Re: The Official NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »
^^^^ Detroit was no longer playing at their level after being on top by two games.. further proof was them eliminated by Miami.. this year I think they will step it up when needed as they did back in 04 and 05... imo there are huge chances we'll see the NBA Finals 2005 against this year

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2007, 08:39:44 AM »
Damn, Chicago got fucked up.  Suns / Spurs should be good.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2007, 10:43:50 AM »

Chicasgo has to hustle more, all of the matchups in this series favor Detroit. Plus, I know the Nets cannot beat Detroit in a 7 game series.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »
I predict

warriors over jazz
spurs over suns
pistons over bulls
cavs over nets

spurs over warriors
cavs over pistons

spurs over cavs

LOL@Cavs over Pistons.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »

Chicasgo has to hustle more, all of the matchups in this series favor Detroit. Plus, I know the Nets cannot beat Detroit in a 7 game series.

You're doubting your own team? Even I think they can...They have a better chance than the Cavs do, at least.

Jakubs

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
Does anybody else agree that the Spurs/Suns and Pistons/Bulls series would be better suited as the Conference Finals? I think that the winners of these two series will be representing their respective conferences in the Finals. I can't believe someone is actually picking the Cavs over Pistons (assuming the Pistons win). The Pistons picked up Webber and he has given the team a huge lift. In the meantime what did the Cavs do to get better this season? Either way I'm taking SA over PHX, GS over UTAH, CLE over NJ and CHI over DET.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »

You're doubting your own team? Even I think they can...They have a better chance than the Cavs do, at least.

Of course, because I'm not a dickrider, Nets wont match up well with Detroit. True they would do better than Cleveland, but Detriot would still win. Plus, they are leaving Jerz soon anyways.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »

Of course, because I'm not a dickrider, Nets wont match up well with Detroit. True they would do better than Cleveland, but Detriot would still win. Plus, they are leaving Jerz soon anyways.

Not having faith in your team has nothing to do with not being a dickrider. The big 3 from New Jersey can overmatch anyone when they go off...You should know this. :grumpy:

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »

Not having faith in your team has nothing to do with not being a dickrider. The big 3 from New Jersey can overmatch anyone when they go off...You should know this. :grumpy:

And they won't do that everysingle game. Prince can guard Jefferson with ease, same for Hamilton on Vince and Chauncy on Kidd. And it's ok to have faith, YOU dickride.

And what happened with you saying last week that NJ was gonna be easily beat by Cleveland. Now you switch up? The Spurs big 3 tandem is better than ours, there are a few teams that can shut down NJ. Still NJ>>>>>>>>>>LA

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2007, 11:06:41 AM »
When did I say Cleveland would easily beat NJ? LMAO. Quit pulling shit out of your ass again. I even said NJ has a good chance at taking it. VVV

They have a good chance at advancing over Cleveland...

The whole east is weak, minus Chicago and Detroit. LOL@NJ>LA though. Hmmm, lets see. New Jersey plays in the east. Lakers have had by far their worst season as a franchise injury-wise, and we STILL finished with a better record :-X...Kobe>NJ. :-*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:12:11 AM by Now_I_Know »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »
When did I say Cleveland would easily beat NJ? LMAO. Quit pulling shit out of your ass again. I even said NJ has a good chance at taking it. VVV

The whole east is weak, minus Chicago and Detroit. LOL@NJ>LA though. Hmmm, lets see. New Jersey plays in the east. Lakers have had by far their worst season as a franchise injury-wise, and we STILL finished with a better record :-X...Kobe>NJ. :-*

I;m not gonna dig up threads like you, but when I revealed I was a Nets fan, you made a snide little comment about how Cleve will beat NJ now you switch up you flip flopper. And as for the record, we were injured all year too, we pulled our shit together, and at least we made it past the 1st round, we would have beat LA too.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2007, 12:50:31 PM »

I;m not gonna dig up threads like you, but when I revealed I was a Nets fan, you made a snide little comment about how Cleve will beat NJ now you switch up you flip flopper. And as for the record, we were injured all year too, we pulled our shit together, and at least we made it past the 1st round, we would have beat LA too.

"would" don't count for shit...Lakers were by far the most injury plagued team in the league this season. We played in a much tougher conference and STILL finished with a better record. Ya'll probably woulda' lost to the Suns in the first round too, and that's WITH the team putting it together (your team is currently playing its best ball of the year). We also took the season series from ya'll 2-0...Battered Lakers > Hot Nets. :-X

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »

"would" don't count for shit...Lakers were by far the most injury plagued team in the league this season. We played in a much tougher conference and STILL finished with a better record. Ya'll probably woulda' lost to the Suns in the first round too, and that's WITH the team putting it together (your team is currently playing its best ball of the year). We also took the season series from ya'll 2-0...Battered Lakers > Hot Nets. :-X

Whatever you wanna think kiddo. We have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years regardless of record, Lakers have one of the best players of all time and can't even get past the first round.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »

Whatever you wanna think kiddo. We have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years regardless of record, Lakers have one of the best players of all time and can't even get past the first round.

Nets have a better supporting cast, the best point guard, an all-star caliber guard and forward, etc. etc. and are playing their best and STILL suck worse than the Lakers. AND you guys have no future as well...LOL. Kidd and Carter are gone soon, bro. And even if they stay, they're too washed up to do anything...At least we have SOMETHING to have hope for. :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2007, 02:29:04 PM »
Does anybody else agree that the Spurs/Suns and Pistons/Bulls series would be better suited as the Conference Finals? I think that the winners of these two series will be representing their respective conferences in the Finals. I can't believe someone is actually picking the Cavs over Pistons (assuming the Pistons win). The Pistons picked up Webber and he has given the team a huge lift. In the meantime what did the Cavs do to get better this season? Either way I'm taking SA over PHX, GS over UTAH, CLE over NJ and CHI over DET.

You got Chi over the Pistons yet think it's insane to pick the Cavs over them? Anyways, Pavlovic has become a much better player. He used to be a negative player. Now he's actually a factor offensively, and he also had a huge block in Game 1 against the Nets. Gooden and Varejao are also more focused now. Z hasn't lost a step. I'm not even going to talk about Hughes who was a complete mess last season and didn't really play last year against Detroit. The Pistons ain't gonna face the same team.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin