Author Topic: I got a question to all you Laker fans  (Read 200 times)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I got a question to all you Laker fans
« on: April 20, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »
I remember a few months ago there was alot of debat about whether we should trade Odom for KG.ALot of people said that we should and some said that Odom is perfect for the triangle and that we should stay put.One thing that really bugs me as a huge laker fan is Odom not being agressive enough on the offense side of the ball.I love his D,passing skills and rebounding but he just really isnt a 2nd option in the lakers system he is just soft bottom line.I think Garnett can do all the shit that Odom does plus he will score alot inside to help out kobe.I like Odom but i just dont think he will ever become aggresive like he was in Miami for 1 year.THe more and more i think about it i say that we go hard after KG even if that means getting rid of Odom what do yall think?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I got a question to all you Laker fans
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »
No.

No more. No we should just sit tight, watch our good players step up and possibly try to get KG without trading Odom or Bynum.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
odom is sick as fuck when hes playing at his best like he was in the beginning of the season. only problem is, ever since his first injury this season, he hasnt ever been playing at his best with an exception of like 3 or 4 games.

but unless kg WANTS to leave, and we cant even tell if he does anymore, then we need to kick back cuz the twolves will try to get every last straw that they can get from us

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »
I'd still stay with Odom. He's been with the Lakers for 3 years now and knows the triangle offence well. Is unselfishness can actually hurt the team at times (the irony), but overall he can score, defend, pass, & rebound. And there is still room for him to improve. Plus he's a little younger then KG (Garnet is turing 31 soon, Odom is 28), so there is a spot for Odom in the Lakers' future.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:59:03 AM »
It's not about trading Odom.. he's a very good player but NOT the 2nd option we need.. once again we ain't gonna win with this roster in the upcoming 2-3 years... I think it's time to realize it coz frustration is growing .. but now let's focus on the playoffs ..

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:19 PM »
It's not about trading Odom.. he's a very good player but NOT the 2nd option we need.. once again we ain't gonna win with this roster in the upcoming 2-3 years... I think it's time to realize it coz frustration is growing .. but now let's focus on the playoffs ..

What if we could get KG without trading Odom? KB + KG + LO.  :o

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
^^^^^ well if he opts out after next season and accepts to cut his salary by 5 ... so it ain't possible... anyway the offseason is (has to be) gonna be interesting .. by the way I made a thread with an interview from Mitch talking about it..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »

What if we could get KG without trading Odom? KB + KG + LO.  :o
If only. :(

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
If the lakers can somehow get KG without trading Odom im all for it even if that means getting rid of Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 02:52:09 PM »
Odom is our best rebounder, passer, floor leader, and he just does so many things exceptionally...He's been great for us since last season, with only injuries holding him back. Amazing all-around player, I consider him an untouchable (along with Kobe and Bynum)...PeACe

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 01:21:59 AM »
i just think KG can do the same thing as Odom but KG will score down in the paint all season long unlike Odom who sometimes seems to get lost out there.YOu honestly wouldnt trade odom or Bynum to get KG?

wcsoldier

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:25:46 AM »
^^^^ I think our point guard position is the real question right now ... plus if you want KG , you have to trade more than one player.. and you know you'll have to give up Lamar and Andrew...

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:50:40 AM »
yeah i know we do need a pg but if Smush would have kept working on his game hard i think he could have been good enough.His contract is what fuck him up this year and you can tell Smush doesnt play at 100% especially on D.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:37 AM »
Greedy ass lakerfans, all about wanting the best without giving up shit
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 03:01:16 AM »
Greedy ass lakerfans, all about wanting the best without giving up shit

This is the LAKERS. It would be nothing new. 8)