Poll

Kuruption or Revenge, Retaliation, Get Back

Kuruption
5 (16.7%)
Revenge Retaliation Get Back
25 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Kurupt's first solo album vs. Daz's first solo album  (Read 431 times)

EFFeX

Re: Kurupt's first solo album vs. Daz's first solo album
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »
Even though I like Kurupt's discography a lot more than Daz's... I have to go with Daz on this one. The funny thing about RRGB is that you can listen to that once you listen to that album, you've heard every Daz album. I'm not talking about beats, but after that album he basically recycled everything over and over again. Think about how many Daz lines you can finish before he says them, LOL.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
daz

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 07:33:14 PM »
Have not heard all of Kuruption, but Daz' first solo album was fire even though I cant stand the way he rapped on the album.  It Might Sound Crazy is one of the dopest westcoast songs of all time and Initiated with 2Pac and the Outlaws was real dope too.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »
daz...the east coast disk fucked up the kurupt album

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 05:59:54 AM »
 I actually like "Kuruption," but I had to go with "Revenge, Retaliation, and Get' Back."

I think it was a pretty cool concept for Kurupt to do an East Coast Disc and a West Coast Disc.  I can't say I liked every song on both discs, but I liked some from each.  The first track on the East Coast Disc ( I believe it's called, "It's a Set Up," ) is actually my favorite track off that disc, and I think one of the best on the album.  When I first heard that track, I listened to it over and over.  I still think that's one of Kurupt's most raw songs, even now.  The West Coast Disc probably has more tracks that I like, but offhand I can't think of all of them.  Right now, "We Can Feak It" and "Ask Yourself a Question" specifically, stand out.

But Daz's album, come on...It's got everything."Initiated" with Pac and the Outlawz....The track with Snoop and Nate..."It Might Sound Crazy" with Too Short..."Ultimate Come Up" with Bad Azz and MC Eiht (one of my personal favorites)...the track with WC...man, they're all great.  "In California" was a great single too.

To be fair though, If I had to choose between "Revenge Retaliation, and Get Back" and "Streetz Iz A Mutha," I don't know which one I'd pick.  To me, that's Kurupt's crowning achievement so far.  At least, as a solo artist.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 06:29:07 AM »
dont get me wrong i love the westcoast disk minus one track and i love like 4 tracks on the east disc......but i cant ignore the other average or wack  songs
daz album is dope as hell and more consistent
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:31:44 AM by Inmate »

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »
Daz's album sounded more DR.