Author Topic: This Goodie Mob and Esthero song is so freakin dope.. Slam was a great movie too  (Read 109 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I saw this video at the beggining of my Slam dvd.  If ya'll like Poetry and hip-hop then you'll like the movie Slam.  It's a low budget movie, but trust me... less is more.

Anyway, back to the song.  This song is so dope, man.. Esthero is like another version of Dido or something on the hook, it's got scenes from the prison in the movie and the beat is a perfect marriage to the deep and introspective lyrics.. yo, this song will make you high, no doubt.

Anybody know what album it's on?  I don't see it in the tracklisting for the Slam soundtrack.  Can anybody hook up the MP3?

"The World I Know.............

Is a World MUCH TO SHOORRRT....

Better move fast enough........

YOU BETTER STAY ON THE LOW CHILD!"

that hook is so dope.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:02:56 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Throwback

esthero isnt muslim is she?

Raphael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
esthero isnt muslim is she?

No....

but most the members of Goodie Mob are.

Grown Ass Kid

bryan stop recommending us this boring shit just because it eases your white guilt a little bit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Man.. ya'll are sleepin on Goodie Mob

...also, hip-hop movies used to be so great.  Slam was a good movie, inspirational too.  The main character turns his whole environment and life around through his poetry/hip-hop.  Saul Williams may be the best poet in the world today. 

But now we got these gay ass movies with BowWow and TI rolling around in a skating rink. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:21:28 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »

Grown Ass Kid

Nobodies sleepin on goodie mob bryguy, soul food was a huge classic, we jut sleep on your recommendations because you are fucking wack and unintelligent, with very limited and poor taste in hip hop.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Man.. ya'll are sleepin on Goodie Mob

...also, hip-hop movies used to be so great.  Slam was a good movie, inspirational too.  The main character turns his whole environment and life around through his poetry/hip-hop.  Saul Williams may be the best poet in the world today. 

But now we got these gay ass movies with BowWow and TI rolling around in a skating rink. 

I have this song but i didn't know it was from this movie. I've been trying to figure out which album this is on too.

By the way, why does everyone here trash you because you're muslim? i'd rather see someone preach that stuff here than erasing minorities and killing crackers. Prejudice people just disgust me.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I have this song but i didn't know it was from this movie. I've been trying to figure out which album this is on too.

By the way, why does everyone here trash you because you're muslim? i'd rather see someone preach that stuff here than erasing minorities and killing crackers. Prejudice people just disgust me.

Thank you for your words.  Much props.

Also, btw, how did you happen to come across this track?