Author Topic: The workings of (real life) karma  (Read 173 times)

Elevz

The workings of (real life) karma
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »
Maybe (or perhaps?) I'm a little weird, or maybe I'm just too much looking for explanations at any given time. It's odd though, but I feel like karma is a very real thing.

I'm a person who believes in doing right, and I believe in the possibilities of any person, no matter how fucked up they might be. Once some years ago I got into some pointless beef with some fellas I used to know from high school. I'm always trying to stay reasonable towards anyone regardless of whatever, but they just went on straight on hating me. Hate is a very intense feeling, and although their actions were straight up bitch-like (stealing my shit, back talking like a bunch of sissies), I never really got to hate them. I just disliked their actions, their behavior. Never the people. They straight up hated me all they could.

One dude's mother committed suicide.
One dude died a mysterious yet natural death.
Another dude's mother caught breast cancer, and his sister is still suffering from anorexia nervosa to this day.
They were all okay before they went on to this stream of negativity, and then all of this happened in no-time.

Right now there's this guy, trying to interfere between me and my special lady. Pathetic, really. He hates me. He tries to hide it, but my lady found evidence of his unacceptable ways, plotting and such. He hates me. His grandmother - who was of good health and not really old yet - died after an infarction last night. But minutes after he left her for a visit.

Coincidence? It's not really shocking to hear someone's grandmother dies - that's what more often happens to people of old age. But really, considering the situation... Diseases spread and people drop like flies around those who bring negativity around them.

It seems to me like hate is contagious, and it's perhaps even possible to explain the working of karma through simple psychology. After all, the working of placebo's proves us that the mind plays an important role in the well-being of the body. Could it be that through their actions and behavior these negativists put some sort of air around them - an air of negative karma? Something that could be fatal as the intensity of the feelings rises?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The workings of (real life) karma
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:52:36 PM »
So the karma effects the innocents around them? shouldnt it go after the evildoers?

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
It looks that if there's a god then he's on your side haha

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:01:59 PM »
Haven't you ever wondered, how come that you, being a great guy who's not hating on niggas, happens to be someone who is constantly bugged by motherfuckers? So how is that karma thing working if someone as cool as you is bugged?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:18:51 PM »
All that shit happened? Damnnn.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »
Constantly bugged? Nah, none of that. It's just that I see that when someone starts hating, they almost automatically get bad shit coming around them, as weird as it may sound.

So the karma effects the innocents around them? shouldnt it go after the evildoers?

That's the point: it's not like some divine power is punishing them; the stuff I'm seeing/analysing is actually a natural, psychological process from the way I see it. They fill themselves with negative thoughts, and that reflects through to their own environment. It hits them through the vulnerable links around them.

My question is simple though: does anyone think there could possibly be some truth behind this, or am I really searching for unreasonable connections?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »
I believe in self-fulfilling prophecies (well, to a certain extend), but I wouldn't go as far as saying that some dude's mother dies because he's stealing stuff from 11z. But I'm sure Nik has similiar thoughts as you have.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »
I believe everything happens just because it happens, there's no reason behind it. It's just life, it's unexplainable. Maybe there's a reason, maybe there's not. You can try and make sense of it but never will a conclusion of absolute certainty be reached.

Chief

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
karma's just like revenge, just no satisfaction... like fucking and not cumming.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »
i love you man... i repeat.... i love you... and  do NOT hate you  :-\

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »
I'd find it damn near impossible to physically hate someone.

They'd have to do something serious that affected me or someone I care about to hate them.
NO MORE WAR