Author Topic: Pat Riley finally realizes Shaq isn't a leader  (Read 354 times)

GangstaBoogy

Pat Riley finally realizes Shaq isn't a leader
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
"We're going to have to redevelop the culture here, and it's going to be a different one. I'm going to take total responsibility for not holding them to a culture."

He was asked how he would get that message across to Shaquille O'Neal, who for years has downplayed the regular season.
"If he wants to give back $10 million and play half a season, that's fine,'' Riley said of his center, who is due $20 million each of the next three years. "The dialogue has to stop. You can't sell that to your fans.

"He knows his influence on his teammates. He's going to have to lead by real example.
"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Pat Riley finally realizes Shaq isn't a leader
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
damn, riley snappin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
Many people know who Shaq really is...In fact, I'm thankful for who he is in a way, cuz his personality is what made him not able to stand sharing the spotlight with Penny and ultimately brought him to LA. 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
Everybody knew that Shaq is an arrogant fuck. Only difference to the past is... in the past, he could back it up with awesome efforts and plain dominance. Now, being far from the player he used to be, he can't. So he gets called out on it. But it's not like he changed his personality for the worse or anything like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
Everybody knew that Shaq is an arrogant fuck. Only difference to the past is... in the past, he could back it up with awesome efforts and plain dominance. Now, being far from the player he used to be, he can't. So he gets called out on it. But it's not like he changed his personality for the worse or anything like that.

True that.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
I thought everyone said Wade was the leader?  Look at the Heat record w/o Wade when he hurt his shoulder and look at when he returned.  Shit, in game 4 alone they pounded it to Shaq damn near every possession and they were dominating.  As soon as they stop doing that they struggled. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »
I thought everyone said Wade was the leader?  Look at the Heat record w/o Wade when he hurt his shoulder and look at when he returned.  Shit, in game 4 alone they pounded it to Shaq damn near every possession and they were dominating.  As soon as they stop doing that they struggled. 

I don't know wtf happened to the Heat. I understand Shaq & Wade were playing with injuries, but my God, they looked awful. Where the fuck was Haslem, Walker, Morning, Posey, Kapono, Wright?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »

I don't know wtf happened to the Heat. I understand Shaq & Wade were playing with injuries, but my God, they looked awful. Where the fuck was Haslem, Walker, Morning, Posey, Kapono, Wright?

I just don't think they were that hungry.  Wade was so bad in that game 4 it was funny.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 11:41:43 PM »

Why do you think they stopped? Shaq can't handle as much as he used to....

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 03:28:50 AM »
^^^^ yeah there were several games in which Shaq scored 15-20 pts in the 1st half then 4-5 pts in the 2nd one

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »

Why do you think they stopped? Shaq can't handle as much as he used to....

Because Riley kept trying to force feed the offense through Wade.  I blame Riley for bad coaching, and Wade for bad playing.  It's like Riley bought into the hype.  As for Shaq, yeah he's in piss poor shape / condition.  And maybe he cant carry the team the entire 48, but it's on Riley to know when to stop feeding him and go elsewhere.  But then it's really on Riley to keep Shaq heavily involved.  He's still a 7 foot 300 lb'er - you can't stop him underneath.  So even if he's sucking wind, sit his fat ass but know that you need to plug him back in and exploit it every possible chance you get.  So I blame Riley more than anyone.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 09:08:07 AM »
the heat was just never that good this season.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 12:22:20 PM »
Fuck that, I still miss Shaq
in Purple & Gold.

:'(

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »
 :o

Shaq's indifference leading to trade?
Posted: Monday May 07, 2007 07:23AM ET

No one really wants to talk about it, but the Heat's main issue is the decline of Shaquille O'Neal with three years left on his contract at $20 million per season. Miami insiders said not only was O'Neal indifferent to the regular season, as usual, and this time had knee surgery, but he'd even go so far as to tell teammates not to bother with defense, apparently to not make his own indifference look bad. Frankly, it's difficult to see many teams that would even take a chance on him. Would Dallas panic and take a last shot with Shaq? Maybe for Erick Dampier, Devin Harris and a sign-and-trade with Jerry Stackhouse to give the Heat some life again?

^ doubt if thats true, but rumors are still entertaining.

Jakubs

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
Any team that picks up that contract for Shaq gets what they deserve, an overweight, slow player past his prime unwilling and unable to change.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake