Author Topic: 'G'z And Hustlas'  (Read 528 times)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 'G'z And Hustlas'
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
probably my fav song on the album

wow, thats not dre? :o it sounds so "gangsta", i cant imagine that being r&b

teecee

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »

What do you mean its not Dre???  He produced the song, but the beat isn't an original.  In fact, there isn't one original beat on either DOggystyle or Chronic, so according to your definition then neither of those cds have Dre beats??

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

What do you mean its not Dre???  He produced the song, but the beat isn't an original.  In fact, there isn't one original beat on either DOggystyle or Chronic, so according to your definition then neither of those cds have Dre beats??

no i mean dre didnt compose the instruments... i thought he did

Invincible

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 06:34:51 AM »
It is a Dre production, he just didn't do much with the sample (or did Dre interplotate it?), like Nuthin' But A "G" Thang.

I wouldn't say Dre didn't do much with it; if you have heard other songs using this sample, you can tell Dre's version is superior.  Warren G did a song with Pac before G'z and Hustlas even came out and it was called Lie To Kick It.  Dre's version is a million times better.......

Dope white rapper wanna be?  Just because its a sample, how does hat make it not Dre's beat?  Most of Dre's songs from that era were almost straight samples........

I never said it wasn't a Dre production did I? Like Shawn said, Dre did not compose the instruments and it sounds like a Dre production when he does compose them.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 07:23:34 AM »
Most of Dre's biggest hits are just pure samples, almost without any changes, expecially the older tracks but even some recent ones like Eminem's "My Name Is".

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
Most of Dre's biggest hits are just pure samples, almost without any changes, expecially the older tracks but even some recent ones like Eminem's "My Name Is".

Right... Do U remember "The Roach (Outro)" from "The Chronic" ? Whole beat is a modified sample from "Make My Funk The P-Funk" ("Nuthin' But A G Thang" too, but there is some other sample either)...

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »
The Next Episode is a straight up sample too.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

teecee

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »
It is a Dre production, he just didn't do much with the sample (or did Dre interplotate it?), like Nuthin' But A "G" Thang.

I wouldn't say Dre didn't do much with it; if you have heard other songs using this sample, you can tell Dre's version is superior.  Warren G did a song with Pac before G'z and Hustlas even came out and it was called Lie To Kick It.  Dre's version is a million times better.......

Dope white rapper wanna be?  Just because its a sample, how does hat make it not Dre's beat?  Most of Dre's songs from that era were almost straight samples........

I never said it wasn't a Dre production did I? Like Shawn said, Dre did not compose the instruments and it sounds like a Dre production when he does compose them.

"Dunno if this has been talked about already but does anyone think that 'G'z And Hustlas' sounds like a straight up Dre production? Because I only learnt the other day that it wasn't."   

I assumed you meant it wasn't a Dre production when you said in the above quote that it isn't a Dre production.  Either way, GREAT song.....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 12:56:42 AM »

the music from deeez nuts is original to my knowledge. same with the shiznit, doggy dogg world, pump pump, the chronic intro, the day the niggaz took over i believe is based on dre's bassist wolfe's riff thus constituing original music, bitches ain't shit's music sounds original as well. there are samples on these songs i listed, but the music is original to my knowledge. gin and juice also i think.....so actually, there's alot of original music on those records.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram