Author Topic: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...  (Read 1762 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2007, 11:21:50 AM »
Again: 2 years ago Kwame Brown was considered a bust by the whole world but Nik and Mitch; and Smush was having a very hard time getting 10-days contracts in wack teams in the NBA.  They are potentially to good players, but if they are starters in the NBA and not in Europe they both should thank Phil, Kobe and the Lakers, man.

I consider them both busts too, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the talent IS there and there IS room for improvment, they just need the right environment.

Oh well, with Smush i think there's a BIG problem who will send his ass away from L.A. asap..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
i agree, watching both players the TALENT  IS THERE. however, no one has shown confidence in them. Kwame was rejected by jordan and kobe (basically) how much of an ego boost is that. and nobody talks about smush parker in a good light. so how can you succeed when you're not filled with confidence.  

a leader should be able to build you up PAST your potential. how the fuck does an aged team like the Heat go to eastern conf. finals twice in a row and win the championship the other year. how does a team like that make it as the 4th seed when in all honesty they shouldn't have even made the playoffs.  you know how? leadership (granted that leadership is deteriorating now) but on paper those heat teams were not that impressive for what they've done in the past three years, but they still pulled through.

If kobe was a leader , the laker team he had his first year without shaq should have at least made it to the playoffs as a 7-8th seed.
If kobe was a leader, they should have beaten the suns last year
If kobe was a leader,  he would have learned from these past mistakes.

Kobe is going to be known for what he did for HIMSELF, not for his team

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2007, 11:37:15 AM »

Kobe is still 28, man. Remember that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

I'll judge Kobe when he'll retire.

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson

"Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever" — Dennis Rodman

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

"NIK would eat Kobe's shit with a spoon" - Jrome

Jromo... Your name is a joke in this section...Keep it in the G-Spot.

Your name is a joke on this forum...Keep it in iluvkobescock.com

My legendary name will NEVER be a joke here. I might get my share of dickriders, but the Jromo's and the phillyboy's make it all worth it. 8)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
Again: 2 years ago Kwame Brown was considered a bust by the whole world but Nik and Mitch; and Smush was having a very hard time getting 10-days contracts in wack teams in the NBA.  They are potentially to good players, but if they are starters in the NBA and not in Europe they both should thank Phil, Kobe and the Lakers, man.

I consider them both busts too, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the talent IS there and there IS room for improvment, they just need the right environment.

Oh well, with Smush i think there's a BIG problem who will send his ass away from L.A. asap..

True, alot of times, it takes these streetball players much longer to be successful. Remember how bad Raefer "skip-to  my lou" Alston was with Milwaukee? It took a while, but he improved and EARNED starting jobs with Toronto and Houston. Telfair has potential to be good to, I think he's a little too involved in the streets to have this career work for him though.

I wont give up on Smush, and not just because he reps the Eastcoast. I think he has some good scoring skill, but needs to be pass first PG, and lose the n*gger attitude.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

Dude, what is it that you don't get???  Jrome gets props from everyone, he isn't biased, he's far from a joke unlike you NIK.  Just cuz you got the most posts doesn't mean you know more than others or have anyone respects you.  In fact, does anyone out there have actual respect for NIK as a poster???

I'm not an online suck-up, the cool people from here know me in person and have nothing but respect for me...Then you got the dickriders like Jromo, who come into this section only to stir shit up and make off-topic replies talking a gang of shit...But that's expected, and it can be fun, so it's all good...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

My legendary name will NEVER be a joke here. I might get my share of dickriders, but the Jromo's and the phillyboy's make it all worth it. 8)

Sorry to break it too ya, but you ARE  a joke here bro bro. I've never heard people do anything but agree with that cuzzo.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2007, 11:44:22 AM »
lamar leading the lakers is not a bad of thought, i'm sure if you got players that complimented his game, he'd be a more productive leader than kobe.

So if you had players to compliment Lamar's game as opposed to players to compliment Kobe's game, the Lakers would be better off?...LMFAO!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Sorry to break it too ya, but you ARE  a joke here bro bro. I've never heard people do anything but agree with that cuzzo.

Yea, the same ol' nutriders and Nash fans who can't seem to get off...there are people here who are down with me (not online buddies, like you strived to make).

YOU, on the other, had the ENTIRE board talking shit about you and your girlfriend. I don't even remember one person backing you up...You came back under a different account and sucked up to those same people, never saying who you were. Once again, phillyboy, DISGUSTING.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Yea, the same ol' nutriders and Nash fans who can't seem to get off...there are people here who are down with me (not online buddies, like you strived to make).

YOU, on the other, had the ENTIRE board talking shit about you and your girlfriend. I don't even remember one person backing you up...You came back under a different account and sucked up to those same people, never saying who you were. Once again, phillyboy, DISGUSTING.

Actaully, people did back me, and still do. I haven't seen 1 person back u up in this sports section, because your a joke to us. Your blind hate for Nash proves this, and so does your karma.

Who is down with you on this site?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Actaully, people did back me, and still do. I haven't seen 1 person back u up in this sports section, because your a joke to us. Your blind hate for Nash proves this, and so does your karma.

Who is down with you on this site?

Who is cool with me on this site? LMAO

Tanjint
Doggy
Twista
Rik
Ted
Antonio
Wcsoldier
Al Bundy
Sucka Free
Jake
Mosav
Spice
Flipmod
Primo
etc.
etc.
etc.

My legacy on this board=greatest poster, known for immensely pissing people off and having them go to outrageous heights to get me back
Your legacy on this board=switching usernames so that no one remembers you as the douche who had an autistic looking girlfriend

rik

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2007, 11:56:40 AM »
Alright, enough with the arguing, it's getting us nowhere.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »
Alright, enough with the arguing, it's getting us nowhere.

Trust me, I agree...But it's hard when you ALWAYS have all these douchebags hoppin' up on your nuts for every single thing you say.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »
lamar leading the lakers is not a bad of thought, i'm sure if you got players that complimented his game, he'd be a more productive leader than kobe.

So if you had players to compliment Lamar's game as opposed to players to compliment Kobe's game, the Lakers would be better off?...LMFAO!

exactly, because , and this is my strong opinion now, after three seasons of watching kobe be about as consistant as a Sine wave at the helm for the past 11 or so years. i have NO CONFIDENCE in his leadership skills. players best suited to kobe's style are players who just stand and watch him OR a more Dominant player  with leadership skills where kobe is the second bannana.  A kobe lead team taylored perfectly to his style would be uneven and very dependent on Kobe.....like the lakers have been. A Lamar lead team, taylored perfectly to his game would be like the pistons or a team like more even like that. I can see a team like the latter beating a team like the lakers.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »
i agree, watching both players the TALENT  IS THERE. however, no one has shown confidence in them. Kwame was rejected by jordan and kobe (basically) how much of an ego boost is that. and nobody talks about smush parker in a good light. so how can you succeed when you're not filled with confidence.  

a leader should be able to build you up PAST your potential. how the fuck does an aged team like the Heat go to eastern conf. finals twice in a row and win the championship the other year. how does a team like that make it as the 4th seed when in all honesty they shouldn't have even made the playoffs.  you know how? leadership (granted that leadership is deteriorating now) but on paper those heat teams were not that impressive for what they've done in the past three years, but they still pulled through.

If kobe was a leader , the laker team he had his first year without shaq should have at least made it to the playoffs as a 7-8th seed.
If kobe was a leader, they should have beaten the suns last year
If kobe was a leader,  he would have learned from these past mistakes.

You don't truly believe this, man, do you? Kobe shoulda made the playoffs that year where Frank Hamblen took over mid-way through that disasterous season!? LMAO. They shoulda' beaten the Suns last year, despite being overmatched in experience AND talent level? What did Kobe not do? Jake, your thoughts are absurd. You could put ANY player EVER on this same Laker team in place of Kobe, and they would NOT have fared any better...Do you realize how much Kobe tried doing for Kwame? if you watched Laker games you'd know this. He instilled all the confidence in the world in him, but he simply couldn't come through 100% this year. He forced the ball into Kwame, passed up shots to feed him, he would big him up after every made shot, jump on him after a big dunk, etc... he did what Jordan didn't.

What did Jordan do for his teammates that Kobe didn't? Seriously Jake, I'd like to hear it...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:16:48 PM by Now_I_Know »