Author Topic: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...  (Read 1765 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

I'll judge Kobe when he'll retire.

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson

"Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever" — Dennis Rodman

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

"NIK would eat Kobe's shit with a spoon" - Jrome

Jromo... Your name is a joke in this section...Keep it in the G-Spot.

Your name is a joke on this forum...Keep it in iluvkobescock.com

My legendary name will NEVER be a joke here. I might get my share of dickriders, but the Jromo's and the phillyboy's make it all worth it. 8)

First, that statement doesn't even make sense.  Second, anybody that posts here eventually starts clowning on you.  Tell yourself whatever you want.  And damn Elior, 22 disses in 24 hours?  I own u like a slave nigga.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2007, 12:20:06 AM »
How the fuck did this turn into a Kobe vs Jordan debate?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

I'll judge Kobe when he'll retire.

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson

"Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever" — Dennis Rodman

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

"NIK would eat Kobe's shit with a spoon" - Jrome

Jromo... Your name is a joke in this section...Keep it in the G-Spot.

Your name is a joke on this forum...Keep it in iluvkobescock.com

My legendary name will NEVER be a joke here. I might get my share of dickriders, but the Jromo's and the phillyboy's make it all worth it. 8)

First, that statement doesn't even make sense.  Second, anybody that posts here eventually starts clowning on you.  Tell yourself whatever you want.  And damn Elior, 22 disses in 24 hours?  I own u like a slave nigga.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Only obsessive losers who I piss off follow me in threads to ride my nuts. Why is it hard for you to comprehend shit that makes perfect sense? LOL. I know that karma is KILLIN you. Shoulda kept your mouth shut...

PS...Someone else must think you're a tool. Cuz I'm not the only one who's been lowering that precious karma of yours. And no, it's not my "extra accounts". :laugh:

LOL@karma counters.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:11:00 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »
Odom is not that good, not allstar caliber.

LMAO

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »
Odom is not that good, not allstar caliber.

LMAO

He never made an all-star team did he? He's a good player, I didnt forget his season with Miami, but I wouldnt consider him all-star caliber, especially not in the West.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
He is easily an All-Star CALIBER player...hasn't made the team yet, but I will be SHOCKED if he doesn't by the end of his career. Lets not forget his one year with Miami where it was obvious he got robbed when Magloire made the team over him...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
He is easily an All-Star CALIBER player...hasn't made the team yet, but I will be SHOCKED if he doesn't by the end of his career. Lets not forget his one year with Miami where it was obvious he got robbed when Magloire made the team over him...PeACe

Magloire's selection was strictly for position, Odom wasn't a center. And I don't think an injury prone vet is getting any better, again, especially if he stays in the Western Conference.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »
Nik, don't hold on on Odom too much. He might be gone sooner than you think.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2007, 03:00:19 PM »

Magloire's selection was strictly for position, Odom wasn't a center. And I don't think an injury prone vet is getting any better, again, especially if he stays in the Western Conference.

Nope...The East needed one power forward, and they went with Magloire over Odom, which caused an outrage amongst fans in Miami. I remember reading about it in the LA Times even...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »

Nope...The East needed one power forward, and they went with Magloire over Odom, which caused an outrage amongst fans in Miami. I remember reading about it in the LA Times even...PeACe

As far a straight power foward, then I'd go with Magloire, Odom is more of point foward, he doesn't play the block that much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2007, 03:05:17 PM »

As far a straight power foward, then I'd go with Magloire, Odom is more of point foward, he doesn't play the block that much.

Odom only played power forward that year in Miami...he started at that position, and held it down with excellence as a premier power forward in the east. How the hell can you go with Magloire over Odom? There's a reason there was an outrage over the selection...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:06:48 PM by Now_I_Know »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »

Odom only played power forward that year in Miami...he started at that position, and held it down with excellence as a premier power forward in the east. How the hell can you go with Magloire over Odom? There's a reason there was an outrage over the selection...

I dunno that's the choice that was made, theres no way to change it. IMO, I wouldnt pick Odom as an All-Star, not Magloire either, but IMO Odom is not an all-star caliber player anymore. He's still good, and can help out anyteam, don't get me wrong, but an All-Star I wouldnt say.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
Anymore? He hasn't even reached his prime. He's played his best basketball with the Lakers...Have you seen the stats he put up WITH a torn labrum this seaspm? Tripple double threat night in and night out. Odom is an EXCELLENT all-around player, and will only get better. He woulda easily made the team thi year too had he not been injured.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »
Anymore? He hasn't even reached his prime. He's played his best basketball with the Lakers...Have you seen the stats he put up WITH a torn labrum this seaspm? Tripple double threat night in and night out. Odom is an EXCELLENT all-around player, and will only get better. He woulda easily made the team thi year too had he not been injured.

A triple double threat, but not an acheiver. I don't beileve Odom has his better years ahead of him, because he IS injury prone, and will probably get injured again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2007, 03:34:55 PM »
I wouldnt say he's injury prone, based on how he was able to fight through this injury and play with it...All his injuries could have happened to anyone else. He is not a weak player and I wouldn't consider him injury prone like a Baron Davis or Marcus Camby. 2007-2008 should be an all-star season for him.