Author Topic: Stat Quo - Here We Go (produced by Dr.Dre, 1st single off Statlanta)  (Read 1677 times)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Stat Quo - Here We Go (produced by Dr.Dre, 1st single off Statlanta)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 04:25:12 AM »
Stat Quo sounds like Nelly on crack.The beat is on fire but not really the best from Dre.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 08:21:41 AM »
Gotta say the drums got me by the ear the very first second.

It's not on that "Dr.Dre absolute classic" -level, but the instrumental is VERY dope in my opinion.

Stat still doesn't manage to make me to like his raps though. His presence on the track is sorta "meh". Can't put my finger on what it is about him - his voice, his delivery or what - but Stat just doesn't "work" for me.

Now give this beat to someone else, you'd have a hit. From the 'Math I think Busta would've worked this beat the best.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »
Gotta say the drums got me by the ear the very first second.

It's not on that "Dr.Dre absolute classic" -level, but the instrumental is VERY dope in my opinion.

Stat still doesn't manage to make me to like his raps though. His presence on the track is sorta "meh". Can't put my finger on what it is about him - his voice, his delivery or what - but Stat just doesn't "work" for me.

Now give this beat to someone else, you'd have a hit. From the 'Math I think Busta would've worked this beat the best.

Yeah Busta and Em woulda raped it....even tho they rape almost anything you put em on.

Invincible

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »
Props for the CDQ. The song has grown on me big time. Still feel like the hook is a bit too long.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 01:24:50 PM »
Stat sent out a myspace bulliten this morning advising that "STATLANTA" is currently scheduled for an Aug. 28th release date.

So from what we've heard so far lately:

50 Cent - CURTIS (June 26th)

Stat Quo - STATLANTA (Augest 28th)

Eminem - "tba" (Fall '07)

Dr. Dre - DETOX (late '07/early '08)

Bishop Lamont - "The Reformation" (1st quarter '08)

Raekwon - "Only Built For Cuban Linx 2" (Spring/Summer of '08)

Lil D

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »
man...this beat go hard! it still has that lil sound from In Da Club and even the same piano kicks from Get Low, this is a club banga fo sho

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:52 AM »
Expect a second single towards the end of July.

wcsoldier

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
^^^^ they know this strategy is nonsense right ? What is the purpose to release 2 singles before the release date... if u wanna got some buzz for the album, just release a street joint but don't waste a vid on it... this "2 singles" strategy implies there will just one or two vids (at very best)  after the release and the album will be forgotten very quickly promotion wise ...