12 (19%)
Raekwon
6 (9.5%)
Masta Killa
0 (0%)
Method Man
18 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Best memeber of Wu-Tang?  (Read 337 times)

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
Re: Best memeber of Wu-Tang?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »
meth nigga, METH!

Paul

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
GZA for me, lyrically hes the best out the bunch and the fact hes still got a high standard even today(Grandmasters by Muggs & GZA) is genius, GZA The Genius
funkyfreshintheflesh

DRYLBC

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »
voted for gz

8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
meth and odb

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »
REBEL INS

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
Thats why I love Wu.  Everyone of those motherfuckers can rap, everyone of them bring something to the table.  They've all spit verses that leave you like  :o.

No way I can pick, but I think without RZA there is no Wu and his presence is sorely missed on a lot of the solo albums.   My current favorite MC out of Wu right now is GZA.  That shit he did with Muggs was one of the best albums released that year.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »
So who's the best out of this fading group?

"the children are the future, and wutang is for the babies"
 :baseballbat:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1VxJKp8cOP4&mode=related&search=

XCrazieX

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06:31 PM »
Method Man and Ghostface Killah

Jome

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »
Methical!

As for second, it's close between Ghost, GZA & Raekwon.. RZA is occasionally dope as well.

S.J

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 03:18:28 AM »
Inspectah Deck was my favourite, though i think Ghostface is the best member
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »
I haven't listened to enough material from them, for from what I've listened to, it's a tie between Rae and Ghost for me.Jonny Blaze can't go unmentioned too  8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 05:50:59 AM »
ghostface and raekwon
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 07:01:59 AM »
I haven't listened to enough material from them, for from what I've listened to, it's a tie between Rae and Ghost for me.Jonny Blaze can't go unmentioned too  8)

:o School yourself!

I thought just about every hip-hop listener started with all them early Wu-Tang albums. Apparently not :)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 07:23:57 AM »

:o School yourself!

I thought just about every hip-hop listener started with all them early Wu-Tang albums. Apparently not :)
;D

Yeah man, I have such observations too, but for me, when it comes to the East Coast, it was Main Source, Blackstar & Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's first albums that got me started  :)

Let me ask you something tho - am I the only one having a hard time with RZA's production (at least for the most part)?What I'm talking about in particular is Only Built For Cuban Linx - mindblowing lyrics, but most of the production is kinda weird.Don't know, maybe it's just me  :(

Same thing with Tical - I really love Meth's style, but production is again weird.Keep in mind, that's coming only from a couple of spins.Maybe it'll grow on me
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 08:38:55 AM »
Yeah man, I have such observations too, but for me, when it comes to the East Coast, it was Main Source, Blackstar & Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's first albums that got me started  :)

Let me ask you something tho - am I the only one having a hard time with RZA's production (at least for the most part)?What I'm talking about in particular is Only Built For Cuban Linx - mindblowing lyrics, but most of the production is kinda weird.Don't know, maybe it's just me  :(

Same thing with Tical - I really love Meth's style, but production is again weird.Keep in mind, that's coming only from a couple of spins.Maybe it'll grow on me

That's funny.. I never listen to Tical - it's too dark for my mood. And I never understood what exactly is so damn amazing about Only Built 4 Cuban Linx - they spit a whole bunch of amazing verses and it's a great concept, but musically it won't move me. I'll put "Liquid Swords (GZA)", "Iron Man (Ghostface)" or "Return Of The 36 Chambers (ODB)" over "Tical (Meth)" and "OB4CL (Rae)" any day...

Anyway, just give it some time to grow on you - who knows...