Author Topic: For those who think Kobe should've won MVP..........  (Read 875 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: For those who think Kobe should've won MVP..........
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »
^^Jordan wouldn't have made it to that position to begin with if Kwame Brown was his starting center. :laugh:

Kobe won championships when Jordan was still in college. Kobe has range that Jordan dreamed of having. Kobe has had amazing individual performances which made Jordan's amazing individual performances seem that much less amazing...I mean, come on, do you think Jordan could outscore Dallas in 3 quarters? Or score 81 in a game? Or how 'bout the way Kobe beat Jordan's record of consecutive 50+ point games? He's also scored a lot more points by a younger age... If Jordan was able to do that sort of stuff, I believe te Bulls woulda rivaled the 60's Celtics for greatest decade in basketball...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »
Knock Knock

Fuck you

^^Jordan wouldn't have made it to that position to begin with if Kwame Brown was his starting center. :laugh:

Kobe won championships when Jordan was still in college. Kobe has range that Jordan dreamed of having. Kobe has had amazing individual performances which made Jordan's amazing individual performances seem that much less amazing...I mean, come on, do you think Jordan could outscore Dallas in 3 quarters? Or score 81 in a game? Or how 'bout the way Kobe beat Jordan's record of consecutive 50+ point games? He's also scored a lot more points by a younger age... If Jordan was able to do that sort of stuff, I believe te Bulls woulda rivaled the 60's Celtics for greatest decade in basketball...PeACe

If he could have - he would have. These Kobe/Jordan comparisions scare the average sports fan but people have to deal with it. Kobe is worthy of being compared to the goats, he's not some 4th year player with billion dollar company paying to make people like him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
If Jordan wouldn't have retired, they would've likely won 8 in a row which would've rivaled the Celtics.  

Lets leave it at this.  Of course Kobe did more at a younger age than Jordan, as he entered the league at a much younger age.  Kobe is an amazing talent and an incredible athlete, but he's got a long way to go to match Jordan, even you can't deny that NIK.  Maybe Kobe will do it, maybe he won't.  Does Kobe have the potential, talent, athletic ability to be as good as Jordan?  NO DOUBT.  Will heachieve what Jordan achieved?  We'll see.  It'll be fun to watch man...........but Kobe faces the impossible to meet your  expectations.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 09:19:50 PM »
he is one of the best players in the league.

i wouldnt mind if he was named MVP.

if you take Dirk away from the Mavs, they are still a playoff team.
if you take away Nash from the Suns, they are still a playoff team

however,
if you take Kobe away from the Lakers, they would be nowhere near the playoff chase.

of course, just my oppinion.  8)

good 1 :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 02:56:23 AM »

lol the bulls had bill wenington/luc longly.....WTF??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 06:35:32 AM »
Point is, it is near impossible to win the award without leading your team to a great record.

Point is, i've never seen a player "that" good and so better than everybody else in the League playing in a team "that" wack who struggled at the end to make it to the post-season.
That's the problem. The only one. And that's what makes the MVP decision so controversial. Because Kobe IS the best player. And he's having the best seasons of his career.
But that's not enought because the Lakers aren't good enought.
That's why he's mad. He thinks he's wasting his best years, and he knows that if he had a better team he was now a 2x MVP playing the NBA Finals..
That's why he is no Kevin Garnett. That's why he's loyal but the situation is starting to stress him.
Kobe wants to be remembered as the greatest.
And to do that he has to win a couple of MVP's..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:03:02 AM by Antonio »

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 08:39:04 AM »
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Mr. Knows why Kobe Bryant didn't win MVP

Mr. Knows why Kobe Bryant didn't win MVP who?
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »
^that's deep
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
Jordan and Pippen won all those championships (and would have won more had Jordan not bailed out for 2 years in his absolute prime) because EVERYONE knew Jordan was top dog.  There was NO debate - Scottie knew it, everyone on the team knew it, everyone in the NBA knew it, every one of the fans knew it.  Even fucking Dennis Rodman, who was a complete disaster everywhere he went (post Detroit in his early career) fell in line and never dared cross MJ.

The Lakers would have won several more championships if there wasn't a power struggle between Shaq and Kobe.  You can't just blame one guy, you have to blame them both.  They both have massive ego's.  But look at what each guy has accomplished since the trade - Kobe failed to make the playoffs and then was out in the 1st round the last two years.  Shaq went to the conference finals, won a championship, and then went out in the 1st round.  Shaq's probably ok with how everything played out, Kobe's probably not.

You guys don't think that Kobe ever thinks to himself "had I known my role and continued deferring to Shaq and not undermining him, I could prolly have a couple more rings".  A rational person would, but Kobe wanted to be top dog and didn't want to defer to anyone.  You make your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »
It's so easy to blame Kobe. But you should remember that the coach of that team was Phil Jackson, and he wasn't able enought with his "zen" to make peace between the two (let's say three). And it was Jerry Buss who chosed not to re-sign Phil Jackson and to trade Shaq, while Kobe was an unrestricted Free Agent. It was been Buss who chosed Kobe over Shaq. And probably Kobe over Phil Jackson. So he's the one to blame, if you wanna blame someone. But i think he did the right decision. It was fucked up they had to reach that point, but at that point they had to continue with Kobe imho.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »
Point is, it is near impossible to win the award without leading your team to a great record.

Point is, i've never seen a player "that" good and so better than everybody else in the League playing in a team "that" wack who struggled at the end to make it to the post-season.
That's the problem. The only one. And that's what makes the MVP decision so controversial. Because Kobe IS the best player. And he's having the best seasons of his career.
But that's not enought because the Lakers aren't good enought.
That's why he's mad. He thinks he's wasting his best years, and he knows that if he had a better team he was now a 2x MVP playing the NBA Finals..
That's why he is no Kevin Garnett. That's why he's loyal but the situation is starting to stress him.
Kobe wants to be remembered as the greatest.
And to do that he has to win a couple of MVP's..

-alll of that is kobe's problem he's too concerned about HIS legacy.
-kobe HAD a team he could have won mvps under when there was the shaq-kobe lakers
-deferring to shaq should never of been an issue if he really cared about winning.
-he would have been the magic to shaq's kareem if he let the shaq deferrence happen gradually
-i strongly believe that if managment RIGHT now would have done the RIGHT thing 3 seasons ago, we'd be talking about kobe as the 2 time mvp and 6 time champion. without a doubt

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09