Author Topic: Suns' best player suspended because a Spurs role player made a flagrant 2 foul.  (Read 365 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.nba.com/news/spurssunssuspension_070515.html

:'( :'(

Let's see if this does it: Jackson's decision is utterly, profoundly, alarmingly, unreasonably ridiculous.

Or how about this: Idiocy's advocate just unloaded another haymaker on common sense.

-Chris Sheridan

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:08:17 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

thats bullshit, I hate that damn rule where a player gets suspended for leaving the bench.....especially in a tight playoff series....Fuck Big shot bob that old bastard, and fuck the spurs too, damn I hate the spurs!

GangstaBoogy

Raja Bell should be too, he got into a lil shoving match with Horry.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Fuck Stu Jackson, I don't think Diaw really did anything he went up to Nash and then got pushed back. Its bullshit though cuz if Amare was on the court he coulda got into a shoving match with somebody and nothing would have happend but he stepped on the court and didn't even get close to the crowd and gets suspended

thisoneguy360

That is fucking retarted

jeromechickenbone

Kool Beenz

good and they are lucky Horry didnt steal off on his ass

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
bullshit rule

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Raja Bell should be too, he got into a lil shoving match with Horry.

good and they are lucky Horry didnt steal off on his ass

Horry ;D

thats bullshit, I hate that damn rule where a player gets suspended for leaving the bench.....especially in a tight playoff series....Fuck Big shot bob that old bastard, and fuck the spurs too, damn I hate the spurs!

+1

Fuck Stu Jackson, I don't think Diaw really did anything he went up to Nash and then got pushed back. Its bullshit though cuz if Amare was on the court he coulda got into a shoving match with somebody and nothing would have happend but he stepped on the court and didn't even get close to the crowd and gets suspended

+1

That is fucking retarted

+1 +1

bullshit rule

+1
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Robert Horry Turns Clutch Again...

Robert Horry has been viewed as one of the best clutch players in NBA history. He has been a part of six championships with the Rockets, Lakers and Spurs. He has made a number of late-game changing shots despite not being a big-time scorer, but Monday’s might be the best assist to win a series he has ever made.

The flagrant assault Horry put on Steve Nash in the Game 4 lost against Phoenix could possibly propel the Spurs to the Western Conference championship.

In one play when the game was seemingly over, Horry could have eliminated Amare Stoudemire, Boris Diaw and limited Steve Nash if he woke up this morning bruised and sore from the cheap shot Horry laid on him. I am extremely disappointed in Horry, but the true colors of individuals will always come to light when faced with embarrassment. Horry basically acted like the guy who brings his ball to the park and didn’t get picked to play, so he takes his ball and goes home.

I understand why he was disappointed. The Suns beat the Spurs at their game and especially when San Antonio thought they had control with an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter. The problem I have with Horry is this is the precise reason why he is considered to be one of the best clutch players ever. He has broken hearts of opposing fans and sent opposing teams to the locker room with despondent thoughts after making late-game winning shots when they thought they had the game won. Now when the shoe is on the other foot, he resorts to taking out the smallest and most important player for the Suns. I wonder… If that was Kurt Thomas, would he have sent that message to him?

I must admit Horry was one of my favorite players, but only based on his unselfishness. Suns fans have never liked Horry, though, because he forced a trade to the Lakers after the Suns acquired him and Sam Cassell from Houston for Charles Barkley. I will have a hard time understanding his meltdown and why a player who had no impact or confrontation in the game causes such an uproar at the end of it.

Because of it, the Suns are in deep trouble if Stoudemire and Diaw are suspended. Stoudemire’s argument is that he was checking into the game. Well, we will see if Stu Jackson believes that argument and what he decides.

Is it fair? No way. Will it be an even tradeoff, Horry for Amare and Diaw? No way. The league has a zero tolerance policy for leaving the bench area, but they have made adjustments before and in this case they should.  If they don’t, then why shouldn’t Pat Burke or Kurt Thomas provoke Tim Duncan into a confrontation or fight in Game 5. This series is about to get real ugly and the league better set a precedent soon. We have seen some flagrant acts  get overlooked in a number of series so far without suspensions and to finally suspend  two players for doing nothing will ignite the bonfire that’s been building in every semifinal series so far.

If the Spurs are rewarded with these suspensions, Robert Horry will add another clutch moment to his career and the Suns will have to beat a very good San Antonio team in Game 5 without their top scorer. I think that, at best, is wishful thinking and the Suns would have to get a second win in San Antonio to get to the next round.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:04:06 AM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i hope the suns can pull it off but damn the NBA is gay. this is why i watch college sports.

floatin_above_everything

Yeah, this was a fucked up move. Amare and Diaw didn't do shit, you mean to tell me they get suspended, but J Rich ( who makes a dangerous, uncessesary hard foul on Okur in the final minutes of Game 4 ) doesn't?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Robert Horry Turns Clutch Again...

Robert Horry has been viewed as one of the best clutch players in NBA history. He has been a part of six championships with the Rockets, Lakers and Spurs. He has made a number of late-game changing shots despite not being a big-time scorer, but Monday’s might be the best assist to win a series he has

*Sacramento pops into head*

*pause*

*stops reading*

teecee

First of all, how is Amare the SUns best player?  Did you ya'll watch the Suns last year?

Anyway, the fact that neither Diaw or Amare got close to throwing a punch, kicking someone's achilles, kneeing someone in the balls, etc, and they still get a suspension is fucking pathetic. 

You all realize players leave the bench multiple times per game to celebrate big plays, right?  How come noone got suspended then? 

During the last game, the only Suns players that didn't get up from the bench and step on the floor at least once in the game are STeve Nash and Jalen Rose (which is impressive as dude never plays!).....

As for the Spurs, only Duncan, Horry, and Parker didn't step on the court once during the game!   

So, if the NBA (and some of you guys too) want to take rules so literally, why aren't these dudes suspended too?

A horrible NBA season (the worst in memory besides the G-State first round upset) just gets worse..........