Author Topic: The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2  (Read 33607 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Southern Hydro (Big Mike and Six2)
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
Timbalands got some classic beats under his belt, they are a bit poppy, but saying he's only got 3 dope beats :|, thats just being biased homie

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2008, 04:28:54 AM »
I jacked this from;
DETOX BY THIS SUMMER...D.O.C. ALBUM IN THE WORKS... Ask me how I know...
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=171709.0
You all know of my O.G. homie that I started King Music Group with (King MC)...
He has a Radio Station... Yesterday he interviewed Raje'... Today, he interviewed The D.O.C.... Yall wanna Hear???
01.03.2008 - THE LEGENDARY D.O.C.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/oldschoolradio

Timbalands got some classic beats under his belt, they are a bit poppy, but saying he's only got 3 dope beats :|,
thats just being biased homie

Well,it´s a matter of taste I guess. (I´m not a fan of generic pop shit)
At least that´s what I meant,I can only speak for myself.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 02:19:04 AM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

DerekNelson

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »
new track : Timbaland + Attitude + 6-Two :
I'm A Real Nigga

Trentman hooked up a MP3 of this joint;
Attitude & Six Twoo ft Timbaland - I'm A Real Nigga
http://www.zshare.net/audio/8103852a4bc4e1/
Produced by Timbaland

^^^ Prop Trentman  ;) ^^^^^^^^^
new track : Timbaland + Attitude + 6-Two : I'm A Real Nigga

please re-up

And does any1 have the Radio version of The D.O.C. - Beautiful But Deadly?.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2008, 04:57:21 AM »
I agree with the guy who said that it sounded too scary with DOC's voice.... Nevertheless, it's a good album, but not great because of that reason.

actually that fits the concept of the album perfectly to me ( as you read in this topic, in which i discussed this with a few others)  ; it's just that on some tracks he tried to adapt his old flow and that doesn't work with his voice.

No problem. I just hate that alot of people never gave that album a chance due to the fact that his voice changed. That still does not mean that the man does not have alot to say and did he ever on Helter Skelter. My boy was a hardcore D.O.C. fan and would not even pop HS in the deck to check it out because of his voice. I remember Dr. Dre saying in a interview he advised DOC not to drop the album because it will go double aluminum because of his voice. Slept on album.

after reading the recent interview with dubcnn, it made me think about Dre's arguments again:
ThaFormula.com - I still remember the day I heard about your accident. I remember hoping it was just a rumor and then I remember sittin' at home and watching your new video for "Mind Blowin" and thinking to myself saying, "I know it's just a rumor." Because in that video you looked good and it didn't look like anything had happened to you. Plus the fact that you made that video after your accident and that it was a remix.

D.O.C.- But that was the tripped out part though, because in the "Mind Blowin" video I was trying to show muthafuckas that that's what happened. In that particular video I was supposed to have had a crash and they had me on a gurney, then my spirit came out and then it went back in and said, "Nah you can kick it." In laymen's terms to me, that's what happened. I was close to death and I made it. So after the accident Jerry Heller, Eazy and them all thought I should keep going. "Whatever you do, don't stop making records." They thought I should make another one. Well I asked Dre what he thought, and he said that if it was him, he wouldn't make another record. He said they think your the king right now and that's how I would go out. I had so much faith in Dre, that when Dre said that then that was it. There was no more rappin' for me. Now I'm gonna use my writing ability to help us be the shit because that's really what I always wanted. It wasn't about no money to me. I just wanted to be the greatest. I wasn't trying to get rich out there with these guys, even though I did. I mean I wanted the fame and the fortune and all that, but I wanted when muthafuckas said my name, I wanted it to be unequivocal that this guy D.O.C. is the greatest. Now I'm a lot more humble and ill be happy with "he may be the greatest of all time." (Laughs)

Dubcnn: Well, let me ask you this, 'cause I heard the Conspiracy interview you did and you were talking about this album “Voices Through Hot Vessels”, is there anything else you can touch on with that?

There is an album, and you got the title, but that’s also because that’s the title Dre likes. Dre and I decided to do another D.O.C. album after this Detox record. We decided to do one more together and end our story the right way.

Dubcnn: How did that idea come about?

The idea came about when we were in Hawaii recording for his Detox record. We were having breakfast and I asked him what he thought about the idea of me writing 12 songs, and having the people I love and respect the most in this rap business rap the shit for me. He thought the shit was brilliant. So, therein was born the idea, and he named it Vessels Through Hot Voices or some shit. It really doesn’t have a title yet.

the release of Helter Skelter didn't affect the D.O.C.'s status at all, and in this topic we backed up why we thought the album wasn't at bad as some of the critics made it out to be.

so doesn't that prove that Dre's concerns about the D.O.C.'s voice are understandable but not realistic?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:37:02 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Chad Vader

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »
the release of Helter Skelter didn't affect the D.O.C.'s status at all,
and in this topic we backed up why we thought the album wasn't at bad as some of the critics made it out to be.

so doesn't that prove that Dre's concerns about the D.O.C.'s voice are understandable but not realistic?

Well,not sure about that.
Let me brng some other shit to the table to put this in perspective.
If you take for example Run DMC´s and BDP´s legacy.
Both their two albums is bonafied Hip Hop classics,
then with their third albums the hardcore Run DMC/BDP fans got dissapointed with their releases Raising Hell/Ghetto Music.
Sure Raising Hell is considered is a overall classic and succsess but hardcore fans of them hated it.  :P
I turned my back on them,and never returned.  :P :P :laugh:
I was a Run DMC fan to the bone,but that corny ass shit was  >:( >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X.
Ghetto Music was not corny or anything,but compared to Criminal Minded and By All Means Necessary it was bonkers  :P.
This damage could not be repaired,although (BDP´s) Edutainment was super dope and one of my favorite albums of 1990....
I never looked at KRS/BDP the same again and sort of left his ass and moved on to other artists.
If these artists hanged up the mic at their peak their legacy would be looked at different.  :P
Sure they´re still legends and one of the best to ever do it,
but I can´t help to think what their status would be if they ended their career after their 2nd album(s).  ;) (among Hip Hop heads)

Another example closer to today is those fucking Star Wars movies.
The first trioligy is bonafied classics and their legacy is not to be fucked with.
Many things has been said about the new trioligy  :P.
But I think that most can agree that they fucked up the legacy and was a disappointment  :P :-\.

So back to D.O.C  ;),Helter Skelter will for many be a disappointment.
But this album is somewhat forgotten,unlike for example the "new" Star Wars movies that was a commercial success.  :P :-\
So his status as one the best to ever do it is still intact  ;).
But the D.O.C legacy goes further than "No One Can Do It Better",
he´s also known as Dre´s right hand man who worked closely on all those classics.
So as a conclusion,I´m not really sure  :-X :P ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:43:58 AM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2008, 06:15:16 AM »
the release of Helter Skelter didn't affect the D.O.C.'s status at all,
and in this topic we backed up why we thought the album wasn't at bad as some of the critics made it out to be.

Well,not sure about that.
Let me bring up some other things to put this in perspective.
If you take for example Run DMC´s and BDP´s legacy.
Both their two albums is bonafied Hip Hop classics,
then with their third albums the hardcore Run DMC/BDP fans got dissapointed with their releases Raising Hell/Ghetto Music.
Sure Raising Hell is considered is a overall classic and succsess but hardcore fans of them hated it.  :P
I turned my back on them,and never turned returned.  :P :P :laugh:
I was a Run DMC fan to the bone,but that corny ass shit was  >:( >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X.
Ghetto Music was not corny or anything,but compared to Criminal Minded and By All Means Necessary it was bonkers  :P.
This damage could not be repaired,although Edutainment was super dope and one of my favorite albums of 1990....
I never looked at KRS/BDP the same again and sort of left his ass and moved on to other artists.
If these artists stopped at their peak their legacy would be looked at different.
Sure they´re still legends and one of the best to ever do it,
but I can´t help to think what their status would be if they ended their career after their 2nd album(s).  ;) (among Hip Hop heads)

Another example closer to today is those fucking Star Wars movies.
The first trioligy is bonafied classics and their legacy is not to be fucked with.
But then the new trioligy came,many things has been said about the new trioligy  :P.
But I think that most can agree that they fucked up the legacy and was a disapointment  :P :-\.

So back to D.O.C  ;),Helter Skelter will for many be a disapointment.
But this album is somewhat forgotten,unlike for example the "new" Star Wars movies that was a commercial success.  :P :-\
So his status as one the best to ever do it is still intact  ;).
But D.O.C legacy goes further than "No One Can Do It Better",
he´s also known as Dre´s right hand man who worked closely on all those classics.
So as a conclusion,I´m not really sure  :-X :P ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok well perhaps stating that the release of helter skelter didn't affect the status of the D.O.C. at all would be too hard to defend,

but helter skelter was not a commercial success like you said  ;)
so let's say that the release of helter skelter didn't affect the D.O.C.'s status much  ;)

but would this next D.O.C. album get a lot more sales than Helter Skelter  ??? i don't think so.
it may get a little more exposure due to Dre's involvement and the guest features but this is not an album for the mainstream.

so again, how could a new album with D.O.C. raps on it severely damage his status?
i don't see how Dre's concerns are valid  :-\

i could be wrong, but  :P

edit:

ok well perhaps stating that the release of helter skelter didn't affect the status of the D.O.C. at all would be too hard to defend,

so let's say that the release of helter skelter didn't affect the D.O.C.'s status much  ;)

yep,that´s why ended with;  ;)
So as a conclusion,I´m not really sure  :-X :P :-X ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i see  ;) i guess i had misread it, my bad  :P ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:44:47 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Chad Vader

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »

yep,that´s why ended with;  ;)
So as a conclusion,I´m not really sure  :-X :P :-X ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but would this next D.O.C. album get a lot more sales than Helter Skelter  ??? I don't think so.
it may get a little more exposure due to Dre's involvement and the guest features but this is not an album for the mainstream.

so again, how could a new album with D.O.C. raps on it severely damage his status?

I don´t think so either,actually I believe this will sort of bring some attention to his legacy.
This album wont sell,so this is something they should put their hearts into for the love.
Something to put his legacy straight for the people that don´t know and the fans that love him.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »

but would this next D.O.C. album get a lot more sales than Helter Skelter  ??? I don't think so.

I don´t think so either,actually I believe this will sort of bring some attention to his legacy.
This album wont sell,so this is something they should put their hearts into for the love.
Something to put his legacy straight for the people that don´t know and the fans that love him.

yeah, they both think that helter skelter was not good enough, so that should encourage them to top it right?

personally i don't feel that they can "set the record straight" without having the D.O.C. perform on it:

Dubcnn: In the stuff that you write for other people, we can hear it. We know it’s there.

And you know what’s funny? When I write songs for them they always fuck my raps up! My rhythms are very intricate. If you don’t know exactly what the fuck you’re saying, you’re not going to be able to say it right.

Dubcnn: I know you’ve spoke on it many times before, but can you sum up how you and Dre met, and formed that bond that made you all so close.

We had a mutual friend in Dallas, before I knew these guys. Dre came to visit the guy in Texas, and he heard me rapping. He was very impressed with my skills. When I saw his production skills, I was very impressed with that as well. So, I followed him back to the west coast; words and music go together. As a matter of fact, Mel Man, one of Dre’s producers, told me once that he asked Dre who was, out of all the artists he’s ever recorded with who rapped his beats the hardest. And Mel-Man told me that he told him it was me, and I believe that. I tore a beat up, nigga, back in the day!

it will probably be a dope album, but no one can do it better right  ;)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2008, 01:45:32 AM »
submit questions for a Erotic D interview (by Kilo2 - WCA)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=179584.0

crazy!!! mad props on getting the interview. i know you'll have all the questions that need asking covered homie!!!!  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2008, 01:46:48 AM »
Chad is not doing the interview, Kilo2 is in charge of that ;)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »

cool. do you know when he is doing it?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2008, 01:51:50 AM »

nope; i guess you'll have to keep an eye on the topic quoted above  ;)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2008, 01:55:43 AM »

nope; i guess you'll have to keep an eye on the topic quoted above  ;)

will do that homie.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »
You know your shit Lindon,so submit some questions;   ;)
submit questions for a Erotic D interview (by Kilo2 - WCA)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=179584.0

Props homie, that's  appreciated but you already asked all the questions i want the answers too! I have hit the thread up nevertheless. Looking forward to the interview.   

DerekNelson

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
any new 6-2 audio?