Poll

Pick 1.

Yes
7 (30.4%)
No
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Is LeBron James A Choker?  (Read 2196 times)

Sparegeez

Re: Is LeBron James A Choker?
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
Lets get back to the topic now:

I don't think LeBron will develop that killer instinct because of how he plays, how he gets nervous in crunch-time, biting his nail, how he typically misses more in the 4th quarter and tends to disappear, how he ADMITTED that he doesn't have that natural killer-instince that Kobe has, which you're BORN with...Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong...But until then...

Funny how you bring Kobe into every basketball discussion on dubcc LOL.

Ok sorry

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »

I don't think LeBron will develop that killer instinct because of how he plays, how he gets nervous in crunch-time, biting his nail, how he typically misses more in the 4th quarter and tends to disappear, how he ADMITTED that he doesn't have that natural killer-instince that Kobe has, which you're BORN with...Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong...But until then...

The kid is only 22 and he has almost single-handedly brought his team to the ECF.  Yes, it is the East, but still, he is by himself!  ("By himself" is not to be taken literally.  However, most former championship teams have had more than one good/great player [Shaq/Kobe, Shaq/Wade, Duncan/Robinson, Jordan/Pippen])

Some people are possibly born with killer instincts, others learn as they go.  He can develop it.  Also, who's to say that Jordan or Tiger (by saying Jordan and Tiger I do not mean to discriminate against others, aka Kobe, etc. who have a killer instinct) were born with the killer instinct.  Perhaps they were taught as they were growing up from someone, a father or big-brother type, that you have to have a killer instinct to be a champion.  Perhaps Lebron wasn't taught that.  I don't personally think people are born with a killer instinct, I think it is something you are taught as you grow.

Get the kid another superstar or two allstars and he'll start winning titles.  And, just so nobody starts "LOL'ing" or "LMAO'ing," what I mean by that is it normally takes the combination of two superstars or a superstar/two allstars to be successful.  (See - Duncan-Ginobili/Parker, Shaq/Kobe, or even Wallace/Wallace/Prince/Billups/Hamilton for the rarest of exceptions....also, All-Star doesn't mean you have to be on the All-Star team, but that you are considered to be a top-tier player)
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »

The kid is only 22 and he has almost single-handedly brought his team to the ECF.  Yes, it is the East, but still, he is by himself!  ("By himself" is not to be taken literally.  However, most former championship teams have had more than one good/great player [Shaq/Kobe, Shaq/Wade, Duncan/Robinson, Jordan/Pippen])

Some people are possibly born with killer instincts, others learn as they go.  He can develop it.  Also, who's to say that Jordan or Tiger (by saying Jordan and Tiger I do not mean to discriminate against others, aka Kobe, etc. who have a killer instinct) were born with the killer instinct.  Perhaps they were taught as they were growing up from someone, a father or big-brother type, that you have to have a killer instinct to be a champion.  Perhaps Lebron wasn't taught that.  I don't personally think people are born with a killer instinct, I think it is something you are taught as you grow.

Get the kid another superstar or two allstars and he'll start winning titles.  And, just so nobody starts "LOL'ing" or "LMAO'ing," what I mean by that is it normally takes the combination of two superstars or a superstar/two allstars to be successful.  (See - Duncan-Ginobili/Parker, Shaq/Kobe, or even Wallace/Wallace/Prince/Billups/Hamilton for the rarest of exceptions....also, All-Star doesn't mean you have to be on the All-Star team, but that you are considered to be a top-tier player)

LeBron has a good supporting cast around him. You don't need two superstars. See Detroit in 2004. You need a good system and players that can run it...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »
NIK, you are a mod, lock this thread!  It is redundant now, Lebron is clutch, so it is no longer necessary. 

Thanks in advance.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »
^^ +1
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

herpes

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
Lebron just shut down NIK's thread 2nite.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »
NIK, you are a mod, lock this thread!  It is redundant now, Lebron is clutch, so it is no longer necessary. 

Thanks in advance.

You can't go from being a choker to being clutch in a matter of one game. I'll close this thread when the Cavs close out this series.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2007, 10:10:53 PM »
 i think tonight was the first time i actually saw Lebron wanting the ball during crunch time.He made alot of clutch and tuff jumpers and sealed the game with that layup.Good to see him finally get a bit of that killer instinct lets just hope he doesnt lose it.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »
its looking like they are gonna close it out.

The Best of 3 Worlds

teecee

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »

Thanks in advance.

You can't go from being a choker to being clutch in a matter of one game. I'll close this thread when the Cavs close out this series.

No comments are needed from you NIK, just lock the thread like you said you would! PEACE!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »
Props to LeBron.