Author Topic: Vince Carter wtf?!  (Read 415 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Vince Carter wtf?!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

Was the Laker roster expected to make the playoffs, let alone contend? Hmmmm?

this year? yeah everyone on this board had them at like 50 wins and goint to the CF's. lol they were also expected to make it to at least the second round by the 'kobe hating' media.

Looking at Laker fan predictions and looking at media predictions is two different things...No one had us penned in for the 2nd round, bro. And you don't think Kobe is a hated figure amongst the media? LMAO.

PS. We woulda won 50 if we didn't have our worst season injury-wise...PeACe

Kobe's being hated in the media is his own fault.

LOL@this. The media chooses who they hate. Jordan did worse shit than Kobe throughout his career, which almost always managed to skip the media outlets. The NBA didn't want anything negative about Jordan to be publicized, he was their image. Kobe is a different story. He's been hated since he stepped foot in the league...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:00:37 AM by Now_I_Know »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

this year? yeah everyone on this board had them at like 50 wins and goint to the CF's. lol they were also expected to make it to at least the second round by the 'kobe hating' media.

Looking at Laker fan predictions and looking at media predictions is two different things...No one had us penned in for the 2nd round, bro. And you don't think Kobe is a hated figure amongst the media? LMAO.

You can say that now because of the Colorado thing and the Lakers breakup (which he was blamed for entirely). But what about before that? The media hated him since he was 19.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

You can say that now because of the Colorado thing and the Lakers breakup (which he was blamed for entirely). But what about before that? The media hated him since he was 19.

People started realizing Shaq was a bitch a few years back, so I wouldn't say Kobe was blamed for it entirely...Especially after reading books which detailed the situation, it was obvious to me that the people who mattered knew what really went down. The Colorado thing was simply an excuse to hate him even more. When Jordan cheated or even beat his wife, no one ever spoke of it...he was the God, and only positive things could be published.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

He just kinda seemed like a prick imo. I remember him getting booed at the All-Star game ( maybe that was after Colarado ), but talent aside, he's not a likeable guy imo. Of course Lakers fans are gonna love him, like they should, but I think the rest of the basketball world, media, fans, etc. don't like Kobe. Doubting his skill would be stupid though of course.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

He just kinda seemed like a prick imo. I remember him getting booed at the All-Star game ( maybe that was after Colarado ), but talent aside, he's not a likeable guy imo. Of course Lakers fans are gonna love him, like they should, but I think the rest of the basketball world, media, fans, etc. don't like Kobe. Doubting his skill would be stupid though of course.

Yea, he's a "prick"...And you know where you got that from? That's right...THE MEDIA.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

Yea, he's a "prick"...And you know where you got that from? That's right...THE MEDIA.

No...I got that from watching him play. I've just never liked the guy as a person, like I said great player, shitty personality. Him snitchin on Shaq didn't help either.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

No...I got that from watching him play. I've just never liked the guy as a person, like I said great player, shitty personality. Him snitchin on Shaq didn't help either.

You can tell he's a prick from watching him play? LMAO. You know him as a person?...Or do you know him as the person depicted in the media? Come on now, be honest.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

You can tell he's a prick from watching him play? LMAO. You know him as a person?...Or do you know him as the person depicted in the media? Come on now, be honest.

LOL oh my god, your like a brick wall. I've seen him in interviews, quotes from postgames, seen his attitude on the court, seen how his teammates react toward him, etc., etc. I'm not a fan of his persona, and that's as honest as possible. Like I said, he's a great player, IMO he is a wack teammate, and a shitty person as well.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 11:56:16 AM »
lol@ kobe ^

LOL oh my god, your like a brick wall. I've seen him in interviews, quotes from postgames, seen his attitude on the court, seen how his teammates react toward him, etc., etc. I'm not a fan of his persona, and that's as honest as possible. Like I said, he's a great player, IMO he is a wack teammate, and a shitty person as well.

The fact that you judge him as a person without knowing shit about him shows a lot about your character...His attitutde on the court? Interviews? That tells you he's a shitty person? LOL. Tell me, what seperates him from Jordan in public behavoir? I'd like to hear this...

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »
lol@ kobe ^

The fact that you judge him as a person without knowing shit about him shows a lot about your character...His attitutde on the court? Interviews? That tells you he's a shitty person? LOL. Tell me, what seperates him from Jordan in public behavoir? I'd like to hear this...

Your right I might not know as much as you do about Kobe, but I like Jordan better, end of story. I respect Kobe's skills, but I'm just not a fan of his until he does something to change my mind. From what I've seen his character is not one I like.