Author Topic: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...  (Read 1010 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:49 PM »
Lakers- one of the worst seasons in franchise history=1st round playoff exit

Suns- greatest season in franchise history=2nd round playoff exit

The Suns' backs are currently pinned against the wall. People are starting to realize that they can't win it all with that style. Where can they go from here? Can they build on top of what they have? I mean, they have the perfect players for their style of play, what can they possibly do?

The Lakers, on the other hand, have been considered huge disappointments, and how much worse are they really? Take a look at the western conference finals. The Spurs and the Jazz... We handed both of those teams their asses in the regular season. WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS OUR CURRENT STATE MAKES IT SEEM!

Who is really gunna be more disappointed in the off-season? At least the Lakers have something to work with. The Suns' best bet is trading Marion, as rumors have indicated they're looking to do. Who do you think is currently in better shape for the future?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:20:20 PM by Now_I_Know »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »
Do you enjoy being called a dick ryder? Becasue you're just handing haters ammunition.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
When things aren't going good for ya, there's always memories  :D

Do you enjoy being called a dick ryder? Becasue you're just handing haters ammunition.
Bloaw bloaw
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »

At least I'm making sense with my arguments...I'm not afraid to speak the real like some "Laker fans". We ain't Warrior fans homie...Now go back to hiding.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
When things aren't going good for ya, there's always memories  :D

Bloaw bloaw

So you disagree? Suns are in better shape? They can just come back next year with the same players and feel great about themselves? At least the Lakers have something to build on...What are the Suns gunna do? Bring back the same roster, dominate the regular season, and play their regular season game when playoff time comes, once again... ::)

rik

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
Nash is never goin to win a ring. Fuck Bell. I can't wait till next season.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »
The Lakers will get torn apart this off-season homie. The later you deal with the future the more it will shock you.
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »
The Lakers will get torn apart this off-season homie. The later you deal with the future the more it will shock you.

What?

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »
That depends on how our off-season goes... the Suns aren't going to win a title, playing this type of B-Ball.. whereas we'll see if the Lakers organization is able to put us in a contender position..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »

What?

Some significant players will have to go.
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »
How many more threads are you going to make crying about the Suns?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
^^I'm making comparisons, "huge Amare Stoudemire fan".

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »
one step ahead? i don't see it. it is most likely the suns will perform equally well  if they maintain their roster. also lets note that they almost came back muliple times and beat the spurs this series, they at no real point were embarrassed out of that series.  the spurs are getting older every day and i see this as probably their last hurrah, the suns still have some pep in their step, all they need is a few defensive pieces and they'll be fine, they have a team. players want to be there. it's an attrative place.

the lakers have kobe. we're still running around trying to find out what we want to do. we're still trying to find out what players we want to surround him with. kobe has had this team for three years, and we're yet to win a playoff series, shaq's lakers won the title in his fourth year, time is running out on kobe's legacy. it's do or die for kobe and the lakers right now.

we're still a long way away from being up there with the suns. we're more than a few steps BEHIND them at this point. true they only advanced one more round than us, but look who they faced, the spurs....the sleeping giants. if they face the mavs/jazz/rockets/golden state/nuggets the suns go to the Conf. finals. it's all contingency, that's why you fight in the regular season to get the best possible match up possible. the mavs fought hard but ended up with the worst match up in the warriors. the suns worked hard and got a good match up for them in the lakers. you can't say the lakers are a step ahead when they finished 7th, ended the regular season very badly , and fell hard in the 1st round.  now we're in limbo trying to figure what other 11 guys to surround kobe with. it's bullshit. it's a one man show at this point. thank god jeanie has the bomb pussy or we'd probably still be without a coach like phil jackson. i'm telling you i really hope jerry west comes back to the lakers and replaces mitch, cuz seriously what have we done in the past three years to progress the organization?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »
whats up wit the lakers money situation? are they working wit much this off season because the reality is that they only really have 2 players (bynum and odom) that have any real trade value
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
^^^^ just the MLE probably used for a PG... then either Lamar or Andrew +changes for an all star