Author Topic: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...  (Read 1011 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 01:32:55 PM »
from what im hearing this years draft should be pretty deep as well
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:47:35 PM »
I think for Phoenix this draft and the position where they land in it will decide alot. if they get inbetween a number 4-8 they are going to get a hell of a player in the draft. Alot of big men in this draft. The next 2 1st round picks Dantoni NEEDS a bench. You are not going to win with a 7,8 man rotation in the finals, you need a solid bench. A backup point guard and center. If you are not going to keep the picks or are in talks of trading, package the picks or make the picks and get a Garnett or O'Neal or whatever they want. I think depending on what their conditional pick from Atlanta is will decide what they do. 3 1st round picks is big time for the Suns. It will decide whether they will be just a good team or one that is committed to winning it all. DRAFT LOTTERY SELECTION TONIGHT!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:53:54 PM by D~Nice »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
The Suns have a good shot next year if they keep the team together. If Amare played game 5, who knows they might have won. and in game 7 anything can happen. Dallas proved that last year against the Spurs..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »
one step ahead? i don't see it. it is most likely the suns will perform equally well  if they maintain their roster. also lets note that they almost came back muliple times and beat the spurs this series, they at no real point were embarrassed out of that series.  the spurs are getting older every day and i see this as probably their last hurrah, the suns still have some pep in their step, all they need is a few defensive pieces and they'll be fine, they have a team. players want to be there. it's an attrative place.

the lakers have kobe. we're still running around trying to find out what we want to do. we're still trying to find out what players we want to surround him with. kobe has had this team for three years, and we're yet to win a playoff series, shaq's lakers won the title in his fourth year, time is running out on kobe's legacy. it's do or die for kobe and the lakers right now.

we're still a long way away from being up there with the suns. we're more than a few steps BEHIND them at this point. true they only advanced one more round than us, but look who they faced, the spurs....the sleeping giants. if they face the mavs/jazz/rockets/golden state/nuggets the suns go to the Conf. finals. it's all contingency, that's why you fight in the regular season to get the best possible match up possible. the mavs fought hard but ended up with the worst match up in the warriors. the suns worked hard and got a good match up for them in the lakers. you can't say the lakers are a step ahead when they finished 7th, ended the regular season very badly , and fell hard in the 1st round.  now we're in limbo trying to figure what other 11 guys to surround kobe with. it's bullshit. it's a one man show at this point. thank god jeanie has the bomb pussy or we'd probably still be without a coach like phil jackson. i'm telling you i really hope jerry west comes back to the lakers and replaces mitch, cuz seriously what have we done in the past three years to progress the organization?

The point is, Suns will never contend with their style, I'm sure even Sun fans are beginning to realize this. Lakers had one of their worst seasons of all time, and at full strength, we were STILL up there with the elite...Our main problems were playing with no real PG and going through an incredible amount of injuries to key players, which will both be addressed this summer. The Suns can either come back with the same roster and miss the finals, once again, or make some major changes and start from square 1. They really have nothing to lean on, they're a regular season team, how can you deny this? Lets rewind to about 1 year ago, when Lakers had a 3-1 lead, and would've upset the Suns and the "MVP" in the 1st round with ONE REBOUND. An even less experienced, and vulnerable Laker team than the one this year (of course, the injury bug didn't bite as hard that year)...Next year, there will be some changes here and there, but I believe Mitch will find away to surround the core of Kobe-Odom-Luke-Kwame-Turiaf-Bynum-Farmar with much improved talent...When that happens, we are an elite team, who have a real game-plan, with a legendary coach who's proven he knows how to elevate his game when it counts...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
^^^^ just the MLE probably used for a PG... then either Lamar or Andrew +changes for an all star

Don't forget a couple vet mins to spend.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
Do you enjoy being called a dick ryder? Becasue you're just handing haters ammunition.

At least I'm making sense with my arguments...I'm not afraid to speak the real like some "Laker fans". We ain't Warrior fans homie...Now go back to hiding.
Do you even understand what I asked you? :laugh:
Keep in mind I was the one who said a while ago that if the Lakers get a good PG that d knows how to run the offence then the Lakers would win the Paficic Division.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
Do you enjoy being called a dick ryder? Becasue you're just handing haters ammunition.

At least I'm making sense with my arguments...I'm not afraid to speak the real like some "Laker fans". We ain't Warrior fans homie...Now go back to hiding.
Do you even understand what I asked you? :laugh:
Keep in mind I was the one who said a while ago that if the Lakers get a good PG that d knows how to run the offence then the Lakers would win the Paficic Division.

I don't give a fuck about haters...As long as I know I'm speakin the real...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »
one step ahead? i don't see it. it is most likely the suns will perform equally well  if they maintain their roster. also lets note that they almost came back muliple times and beat the spurs this series, they at no real point were embarrassed out of that series.  the spurs are getting older every day and i see this as probably their last hurrah, the suns still have some pep in their step, all they need is a few defensive pieces and they'll be fine, they have a team. players want to be there. it's an attrative place.

the lakers have kobe. we're still running around trying to find out what we want to do. we're still trying to find out what players we want to surround him with. kobe has had this team for three years, and we're yet to win a playoff series, shaq's lakers won the title in his fourth year, time is running out on kobe's legacy. it's do or die for kobe and the lakers right now.

we're still a long way away from being up there with the suns. we're more than a few steps BEHIND them at this point. true they only advanced one more round than us, but look who they faced, the spurs....the sleeping giants. if they face the mavs/jazz/rockets/golden state/nuggets the suns go to the Conf. finals. it's all contingency, that's why you fight in the regular season to get the best possible match up possible. the mavs fought hard but ended up with the worst match up in the warriors. the suns worked hard and got a good match up for them in the lakers. you can't say the lakers are a step ahead when they finished 7th, ended the regular season very badly , and fell hard in the 1st round.  now we're in limbo trying to figure what other 11 guys to surround kobe with. it's bullshit. it's a one man show at this point. thank god jeanie has the bomb pussy or we'd probably still be without a coach like phil jackson. i'm telling you i really hope jerry west comes back to the lakers and replaces mitch, cuz seriously what have we done in the past three years to progress the organization?

The point is, Suns will never contend with their style, I'm sure even Sun fans are beginning to realize this. Lakers had one of their worst seasons of all time, and at full strength, we were STILL up there with the elite...Our main problems were playing with no real PG and going through an incredible amount of injuries to key players, which will both be addressed this summer. The Suns can either come back with the same roster and miss the finals, once again, or make some major changes and start from square 1. They really have nothing to lean on, they're a regular season team, how can you deny this? Lets rewind to about 1 year ago, when Lakers had a 3-1 lead, and would've upset the Suns and the "MVP" in the 1st round with ONE REBOUND. An even less experienced, and vulnerable Laker team than the one this year (of course, the injury bug didn't bite as hard that year)...Next year, there will be some changes here and there, but I believe Mitch will find away to surround the core of Kobe-Odom-Luke-Kwame-Turiaf-Bynum-Farmar with much improved talent...When that happens, we are an elite team, who have a real game-plan, with a legendary coach who's proven he knows how to elevate his game when it counts...PeACe

They have 3 1st round picks so it really depends on if they will part with Marion or Stoudamire and a pick or see if they can get a elite player with their highest pick and actually try to DEVELOP a bench.

teecee

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
Lakers- one of the worst seasons in franchise history=1st round playoff exit

Suns- greatest season in franchise history=2nd round playoff exit

The Suns' backs are currently pinned against the wall. People are starting to realize that they can't win it all with that style. Where can they go from here? Can they build on top of what they have? I mean, they have the perfect players for their style of play, what can they possibly do?

The Lakers, on the other hand, have been considered huge disappointments, and how much worse are they really? Take a look at the western conference finals. The Spurs and the Jazz... We handed both of those teams their asses in the regular season. WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS OUR CURRENT STATE MAKES IT SEEM!

Who is really gunna be more disappointed in the off-season? At least the Lakers have something to work with. The Suns' best bet is trading Marion, as rumors have indicated they're looking to do. Who do you think is currently in better shape for the future?

What a stupid post........who gives a fuck about how many chips thhe Lakers have won in the past, its about now.  And really why do you hate the Suns so much? 

How many more Suns vs Lakers (ie Kobe vs Nash) thread do we need?   The series is over, the Lakers got steamrolled, and  won't be in the Suns class next year either.  The Lakers have Kobe and, even Lakers fans admit, a "CBA" team.  The Suns have a great pg who refuses to age (and who played so little early in his career that he has a lot of miles left), and SToudemire and Barbosa, both of whom can only get better, as their games are still quite raw.........

And if i have to read about "ONE REBOUND" one more fucking time i will throw up.  Quit living in the past, look to next year where the Lakers still won't touch the SUns

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »
Lakers- one of the worst seasons in franchise history=1st round playoff exit

Suns- greatest season in franchise history=2nd round playoff exit

The Suns' backs are currently pinned against the wall. People are starting to realize that they can't win it all with that style. Where can they go from here? Can they build on top of what they have? I mean, they have the perfect players for their style of play, what can they possibly do?

The Lakers, on the other hand, have been considered huge disappointments, and how much worse are they really? Take a look at the western conference finals. The Spurs and the Jazz... We handed both of those teams their asses in the regular season. WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS OUR CURRENT STATE MAKES IT SEEM!

Who is really gunna be more disappointed in the off-season? At least the Lakers have something to work with. The Suns' best bet is trading Marion, as rumors have indicated they're looking to do. Who do you think is currently in better shape for the future?

What a stupid post........who gives a fuck about how many chips thhe Lakers have won in the past, its about now.  And really why do you hate the Suns so much? 

How many more Suns vs Lakers (ie Kobe vs Nash) thread do we need?   The series is over, the Lakers got steamrolled, and  won't be in the Suns class next year either.  The Lakers have Kobe and, even Lakers fans admit, a "CBA" team.  The Suns have a great pg who refuses to age (and who played so little early in his career that he has a lot of miles left), and SToudemire and Barbosa, both of whom can only get better, as their games are still quite raw.........

And if i have to read about "ONE REBOUND" one more fucking time i will throw up.  Quit living in the past, look to next year where the Lakers still won't touch the SUns

The Lakers will be better than the Suns next year, and when the playoffs come along, Suns will not reach the finals once again, which will be terrible, because there is no progress being made. The Suns have been digressing. 2006=3rd round, 2007=2nd round, 2008=1st round? If the Lakers so much as advance to the 2nd round, that means they are one step ahead. Who knows, maybe the Suns will prove me wrong, but as of now, the Lakers have more to work with towards building on what they have...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »
Suns have eliminated LA 2 years in a row, end of story

teecee

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »
The only reason the SUns didn't make the third round is because of the NBA's playiff format where it doesn't reseed.  

I guess we'll see man, but logic says the Suns will be WAY better than the Lakers unless the Lakers get a top end PG or post player, or both.......

And really, exactly like Spice 2k7 said, that is the true reason why Lakers fans are so infatuated with the SUns.............

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 07:11:16 PM »
Well Atlanta got the 3rd pick so the Suns do not get a lottery pick. They can now try to get some good role players with their late 1st round picks or package them in a trade.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »
The only reason the SUns didn't make the third round is because of the NBA's playiff format where it doesn't reseed. 

I guess we'll see man, but logic says the Suns will be WAY better than the Lakers unless the Lakers get a top end PG or post player, or both.......

And really, exactly like Spice 2k7 said, that is the true reason why Lakers fans are so infatuated with the SUns.............

For the last 2 years the better team won. End of story. I said it before last season started that the Lakers didn't make any adjustments to get past the hump. Its hard being right all the time.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »

For the last 2 years the better team won. End of story. I said it before last season started that the Lakers didn't make any adjustments to get past the hump. Its hard being right all the time.

Props man, at least you can admit it.  I'm not even sure why this thread was made..........