Author Topic: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...  (Read 1008 times)

d-nice

Re: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 07:24:43 PM »
Phoenix needs a bench. Obviously they were not able to get a lottery pick in the draft so they will have 2 late first round picks. They need to go after a center and point guard. If they are going to trade, package the picks and trade to get one of the free agents out there. They will not win a championship playing Marion on Duncan or with Kirk Thomas. They need another athletic big to add to Amare in the post. So another post big man and develop a bench and they will be set. The style of play is one thing but if you do not have the personel to execute that is a problem. They are not getting away with James Jones playing power forward or Marion playing center.

If they have real centers and power forwards, they wont be able to play the way they do....It's a team of tweeners, which can never be TOO good. They either have to change up their game-plan/coach, or settle for being a regular season success. Hey, at least it's better than the Stephon Marbury years...PeACe

A athletic center would flourish in Phoenix,  especially one that can rebound play D and block shots. The blocked shots would trigger the fast break even more for the suns. They already have Amare so a center that can do that and run the floor well in that offense would be huge. a Marcus Williams type point guard that actually can RUN Dantoni's offense off the bench can move Barbosa back to his natural shooting guard position. So lets say Phoenix drafted Williams last year, which I think they had a opportunity to do.

Williams
Thomas
Barbosa
Jones

Add a good backup center and a starting center and actually play those guys off the bench and that team would do damage. And you are still athletic enough to run the type of offense Phoenix runs.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:40:54 PM by D~Nice »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
Lakers are four steps behind the Suns.  Center, power forward, small forward and point guard.

Steve Nash + Leandro Barbosa + Marcus Banks > Jordan Farmar + Sasha Vujacic + Smush Parker
Luke Walton + Vladimir Radmanovic + Mo Evans > James Jones + Jumaine Jones + Jalen Rose
Lamar Odom + Ronny Turiaf + Brian Cook > Shawn Marion + Boris Diaw + Pat Burke
Amare Stoudemire + Kurt Thomas > Kwame Brown + Andrew Bynum

2/4...Terrible.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:44:07 PM by Now_I_Know »

teecee

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 09:19:49 PM »
Lakers are four steps behind the Suns.  Center, power forward, small forward and point guard.

Steve Nash + Leandro Barbosa + Marcus Banks > Jordan Farmar + Sasha Vujacic + Smush Parker
Luke Walton + Vladimir Radmanovic + Mo Evans > James Jones + Jumaine Jones + Jalen Rose
Lamar Odom + Ronny Turiaf + Brian Cook > Shawn Marion + Boris Diaw + Pat Burke
Amare Stoudemire + Kurt Thomas > Kwame Brown + Andrew Bynum

2/4...Terrible.

Not many would agree with you on  Odom/Turiaf/Cook > Marion/Diaw/Burke

Of course, the Lakers have the best athlete in the league, and if they can find players to compliment him (and i am not sure that is possible) then they have a chance to perhaps win a series, as long as they don't play the Suns first.   If they do play the SUns again, the Lakers will be lucky to win two games, and only IF they get a lucky rebound or something

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »
We will see next season who was right.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »
nik your arguments are illogical. the suns are just as capable of making the finals next year as ANYONE. seriously, they actually have a better chance than most to make it. and so what if they don't, i'm sure they'll go deeper into the playoffs than the lakers for more years to come. my kid will be graduating high school by the time the lakers win another title

Amare/kurt thomas/sean marks/pat burke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kwame brown/andrew bynum/chris mihm
Nash/marcus banks/barbosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>farmar/smush/vujcic/mckie/shammond williams
kobe>>>raja bell/piatkowski/rose
lamar odom/walton/radmonovic/evans/cook/turiaf =james jones, jumane jones, shawn marion, boris diaw

as "bad" as the suns are the lakers are worse

to say the suns arn't a playoff team and praise the lakers is just utter and complete bias

Jake, do you know what you're saying? The Lakers are far more of a playoff team than the Suns can ever be, meaning they actually step their game up come playoff time and have a plan for each series, they don't just play the same exact way they did in the regular season, like the Suns do. We simply don't have all the positions filled (PG, primarily) and Phoenix does, that's the difference. If we had our positions filled, we'd be way more championship-bound than Phoenix could dream of... What don't you get about this? If we were one rebound away from upsetting the 2nd seed in an expansion season, how does that not prove the Suns are extremely overrated and not a playoff team? Hell, they had a good chance to lose to the Clippers last year as well...Lost in the 2nd round this year with their dream roster. How are the Lakers not one step ahead of Phoenix?

yes i understand what i'm saying. the suns last year came back from 3-1 to beat the lakers last year.....the suns proved that year that they were more of a playoff team than the lakers tha year. one rebound away? okay what about the other 3 games the lakers let slide away with the SAME STYLE OF PLAY. now let's remember what happened THIS YEAR in the playoffs. 4-1 , blown out of the water. the suns actually improved upon their performace last year against the lakers. the suns just had the misfortune of meeting the NBA champs in the second round, which they made many runs to almost beat they found themselves "one rebound away" from winning games as well,lol. did you watch that series? if robert horry doesn't start that scuffle do the suns beat the spurs the next game with their best player AMARE in the game? lol i say  'maybe'.  the lakers would not of put up as much of a fight against the spurs that the suns did . no way!  The suns still have a chance to win it all, i say if the pistons and heat can win it all then so can the suns, i can see this. it's HIGHLY possible. they could take it next season. all they have to do is go through the mavs and spurs who they've proven they can compete with, now if they learn from their mistakes they can definately beat these teams. they're MORE than one step ahead of the lakers. who only have  Kobe for SURE next season. the only way the lakers are winning it all before the suns is if we acquire kevin garnett without getting rid of lamar odom while some how getting jason kidd/billips then by the grace of god acquiring some key role players. lol don't you see that it's not possible. at most we'll get a quality point guard and still fall shorter than wherever the suns fall. we're like sacramento compared to the lakers a few years ago when we were the two power houses.  no matter what the kings did the lakers were always a step ahead.  now the shoes on a different foot for us, and we're a step BEHIND the suns.  they HAVE a point guard, they HAVE a center, they HAVE stable fowards, all they need is depth and defense and they're champions....all they have to do is sign a few ROLE players and the ring is theirs. the lakers have a much more daunting task we need ANOTHER all star and a revamp of all of our role players. how is that a step ahead of the suns,lol. we have kobe and we have phil, we MIGHT have odom. we're still like 9-10 players away from a championship structure.  sorry this is reality after trading shaq.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »
nik your arguments are illogical. the suns are just as capable of making the finals next year as ANYONE. seriously, they actually have a better chance than most to make it. and so what if they don't, i'm sure they'll go deeper into the playoffs than the lakers for more years to come. my kid will be graduating high school by the time the lakers win another title

Amare/kurt thomas/sean marks/pat burke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kwame brown/andrew bynum/chris mihm
Nash/marcus banks/barbosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>farmar/smush/vujcic/mckie/shammond williams
lamar odom/walton/radmonovic/evans/cook/turiaf =james jones, jumane jones, shawn marion, boris diaw

to say the suns arn't a playoff team and praise the lakers is just utter and complete bias

Jake, do you know what you're saying? The Lakers are far more of a playoff team than the Suns can ever be, meaning they actually step their game up come playoff time and have a plan for each series, they don't just play the same exact way they did in the regular season, like the Suns do. We simply don't have all the positions filled (PG, primarily) and Phoenix does, that's the difference. If we had our positions filled, we'd be way more championship-bound than Phoenix could dream of... What don't you get about this? If we were one rebound away from upsetting the 2nd seed in an expansion season, how does that not prove the Suns are extremely overrated and not a playoff team? Hell, they had a good chance to lose to the Clippers last year as well...Lost in the 2nd round this year with their dream roster. How are the Lakers not one step ahead of Phoenix?

yes i understand what i'm saying. the suns last year came back from 3-1 to beat the lakers last year.....the suns proved that year that they were more of a playoff team than the lakers tha year. one rebound away? okay what about the other 3 games the lakers let slide away with the SAME STYLE OF PLAY. now let's remember what happened THIS YEAR in the playoffs. 4-1 , blown out of the water. the suns actually improved upon their performace last year against the lakers. the suns just had the misfortune of meeting the NBA champs in the second round, which they made many runs to almost beat they found themselves "one rebound away" from winning games as well,lol. did you watch that series? if robert horry doesn't start that scuffle do the suns beat the spurs the next game with their best player AMARE in the game? lol i say  'maybe'.  the lakers would not of put up as much of a fight against the spurs that the suns did . no way!  The suns still have a chance to win it all, i say if the pistons and heat can win it all then so can the suns, i can see this. it's HIGHLY possible. they could take it next season. all they have to do is go through the mavs and spurs who they've proven they can compete with, now if they learn from their mistakes they can definately beat these teams. they're MORE than one step ahead of the lakers. who only have  Kobe for SURE next season. the only way the lakers are winning it all before the suns is if we acquire kevin garnett without getting rid of lamar odom while some how getting jason kidd/billips then by the grace of god acquiring some key role players. lol don't you see that it's not possible. at most we'll get a quality point guard and still fall shorter than wherever the suns fall. we're like sacramento compared to the lakers a few years ago when we were the two power houses.  no matter what the kings did the lakers were always a step ahead.  now the shoes on a different foot for us, and we're a step BEHIND the suns.  they HAVE a point guard, they HAVE a center, they HAVE stable fowards, all they need is depth and defense and they're champions....all they have to do is sign a few ROLE players and the ring is theirs. the lakers have a much more daunting task we need ANOTHER all star and a revamp of all of our role players. how is that a step ahead of the suns,lol. we have kobe and we have phil, we MIGHT have odom. we're still like 9-10 players away from a championship structure.  sorry this is reality after trading shaq.

:laugh:

That last sentence sums up your whole logic. The reality is that the Lakers are 10X more likely to win a championship in the next decade than Phoenix. Mark that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »

That last sentence sums up your whole logic. The reality is that the Lakers are 10X more likely to win a championship in the next decade than Phoenix. Mark that.

probability says  that we were more likely to win a championship with shaq than with kobe. 

and how do you figure the lakers are more likely to win a championship within the next decade over phoenix?  if the teams stay the way they are  phoenix is hoisting the o'brian trophy before us.  players are happy in phoenix , players are NOT happy in LA. phoenix still has a future after the nash era. who's LA's future after kobe?  your logic is very bias. please come back to reality.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »

probability says  that we were more likely to win a championship with shaq than with kobe. 

and how do you figure the lakers are more likely to win a championship within the next decade over phoenix?  if the teams stay the way they are  phoenix is hoisting the o'brian trophy before us.  players are happy in phoenix , players are NOT happy in LA. phoenix still has a future after the nash era. who's LA's future after kobe?  your logic is very bias. please come back to reality.

LMFAO@thinking Shaq woulda gotten into the playoffs with those rosters. We weren't more likely to win shit with Shaq minus Kobe. If we weren't winning with a lazy Shaq + Kobe (and even with a lazy Shaq + Kobe + GP + Malone), what makes you think a lazy Shaq coulda done shit on his own? You're hilarious, Jake. If Phoenix stays the same way they are, they will only get worse and worse. Nash is getting older, Marion is getting more frustrated with every loss (no, not everyone is happy in Phoenix like you believe), and they need some major changes in their staff (not just their roster) if they wanna step over that second-tier team hump...Lakers have been in developing stages and were still able to play to the level of the Suns on top of their game on more than a few occasions. That tells me we are, NO QUESTION, a step ahead....

Last but not least:

Steve Nash=33
Kobe Bryant=28

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »
1. if malone wasn't injured we would have won the championship over the pistons. we lost because the pistons exploited us at the four three and one spot. shaq and kobe were the only producers on the team.  if shaq would have stayed we would have won the championship again for at least the next 2 seasons. if he did it with miami, probabilty says he could have done it with LA.

2. the suns have a player called.........AMARE, the player you siad "will neeeeeeeever be the same again".
Amare -24
kobe-28

in the west it's easier to buildaround a big guy than a small guy, remember that, that's why i say the suns will hoist that trophy before the lakers. the suns have other players beside nash they can build around. the lakers three almost four years later are trying to build around kobe, he's only got a few years of prime left before he starts sliding. it's do or die , so far there's been more death than doing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 11:19:30 PM »
1. if malone wasn't injured we would have won the championship over the pistons. we lost because the pistons exploited us at the four three and one spot. shaq and kobe were the only producers on the team.  if shaq would have stayed we would have won the championship again for at least the next 2 seasons. if he did it with miami, probabilty says he could have done it with LA.

2. the suns have a player called.........AMARE, the player you siad "will neeeeeeeever be the same again".
Amare -24
kobe-28

in the west it's easier to buildaround a big guy than a small guy, remember that, that's why i say the suns will hoist that trophy before the lakers. the suns have other players beside nash they can build around. the lakers three almost four years later are trying to build around kobe, he's only got a few years of prime left before he starts sliding. it's do or die , so far there's been more death than doing.

If, if... IF the Heat weren't the worst champions ever and Shaq was a deciding factor in the series to begin with, maybe I'd give him more credit. Like I said, Shaq on this Lakers roster instead of Kobe would be REALLY sad. Anyone denying this is either a Shaq groupie or a Kobe hater...And LMAO@you putting Amare anywhere near Kobe....Kobe has a few years of prime left? LOL. Jordan just started winning championships at Kobe's age. Have faith in your team...If you still consider them that...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 12:44:52 AM »

Amare -24
kobe-28

Major props man, you are a rarity among sports fans: UNBIASED and intelligent!  Good stuff......

I agree with most of what you say, except that Kobe's only 28, so he has to have at least 5 great years left.........

And NIK, what does the "worst champions ever" mean?  Bottom line is they won, damn that must have hurt you to see Shaq win another one before Kobe!

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 03:17:40 AM »
Man, the Heat basically destroyed the team who went 1 game from the EC Finals to acquire Shaq. They changed the coach and they traded Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Caron Butler and 3/4 of the original team just to rebuild around Shaq and Wade. When you destroy a team with a lot of potential, with young players, and with a pretty good coach, you do it to win the title, not to loose it. They've won a title, so now, a couple of years later, we can say they did the right move, and that to acquire Shaq was a good move for them. Now they're fucked up, cause they have major salary cap problems, and the team is too old. But they got a ring, something they never won before, so they could re-build the team without the same pressure they had when they acquired Shaq. But the fact the Heat won the title is not a masterpiece: it's just a natural consequence of all the trades they did destroying the original skilled team they had. So props to them, but it would have been a real disaster if they didn't win at least a ring. Talking about the Lakers, i think we simply had to choose Kobe over Shaq, cause Kobe was 24-25, and you don't trade a player like Kobe at that age. I really can't understand why you bitch so much about Shaq. He's the past, man. Watch ahead. Let's talk about Bynum, about Brown, about Mihm, about Turiaf, about KG, JO, Boozer, Gasol, etc.. Why are you still talking about Shaq?? It's like Pacers fans talking about Reggie Miller: he retired!! Shit. Go ahead.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »
Man, the Heat basically destroyed the team who went 1 game from the EC Finals to acquire Shaq. They changed the coach and they traded Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Caron Butler and 3/4 of the original team just to rebuild around Shaq and Wade. When you destroy a team with a lot of potential, with young players, and with a pretty good coach, you do it to win the title, not to loose it. They've won a title, so now, a couple of years later, we can say they did the right move, and that to acquire Shaq was a good move for them. Now they're fucked up, cause they have major salary cap problems, and the team is too old. But they got a ring, something they never won before, so they could re-build the team without the same pressure they had when they acquired Shaq. But the fact the Heat won the title is not a masterpiece: it's just a natural consequence of all the trades they did destroying the original skilled team they had. So props to them, but it would have been a real disaster if they didn't win at least a ring. Talking about the Lakers, i think we simply had to choose Kobe over Shaq, cause Kobe was 24-25, and you don't trade a player like Kobe at that age. I really can't understand why you bitch so much about Shaq. He's the past, man. Watch ahead. Let's talk about Bynum, about Brown, about Mihm, about Turiaf, about KG, JO, Boozer, Gasol, etc.. Why are you still talking about Shaq?? It's like Pacers fans talking about Reggie Miller: he retired!! Shit. Go ahead.

I think it was Jake who considered himself more of a Shaq fan than a Laker fan...

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 02:55:30 PM »

Amare -24
kobe-28

If, if... IF the Heat weren't the worst champions ever and Shaq was a deciding factor in the series to begin with, maybe I'd give him more credit. Like I said, Shaq on this Lakers roster instead of Kobe would be REALLY sad. Anyone denying this is either a Shaq groupie or a Kobe hater...And LMAO@you putting Amare anywhere near Kobe....Kobe has a few years of prime left? LOL. Jordan just started winning championships at Kobe's age. Have faith in your team...If you still consider them that...PeACe

Worst Champions Ever>>>Lakers
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »

Amare -24
kobe-28

Worst Champions Ever>>>Lakers

Wow. Dumbest thing ever. But pretty expected...