Author Topic: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...  (Read 1009 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »
Man, the Heat basically destroyed the team who went 1 game from the EC Finals to acquire Shaq. They changed the coach and they traded Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Caron Butler and 3/4 of the original team just to rebuild around Shaq and Wade. When you destroy a team with a lot of potential, with young players, and with a pretty good coach, you do it to win the title, not to loose it. They've won a title, so now, a couple of years later, we can say they did the right move, and that to acquire Shaq was a good move for them. Now they're fucked up, cause they have major salary cap problems, and the team is too old. But they got a ring, something they never won before, so they could re-build the team without the same pressure they had when they acquired Shaq. But the fact the Heat won the title is not a masterpiece: it's just a natural consequence of all the trades they did destroying the original skilled team they had. So props to them, but it would have been a real disaster if they didn't win at least a ring. Talking about the Lakers, i think we simply had to choose Kobe over Shaq, cause Kobe was 24-25, and you don't trade a player like Kobe at that age. I really can't understand why you bitch so much about Shaq. He's the past, man. Watch ahead. Let's talk about Bynum, about Brown, about Mihm, about Turiaf, about KG, JO, Boozer, Gasol, etc.. Why are you still talking about Shaq?? It's like Pacers fans talking about Reggie Miller: he retired!! Shit. Go ahead.

I think it was Jake who considered himself more of a Shaq fan than a Laker fan...

It wasn't personal.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »
1. if malone wasn't injured we would have won the championship over the pistons. we lost because the pistons exploited us at the four three and one spot. shaq and kobe were the only producers on the team.  if shaq would have stayed we would have won the championship again for at least the next 2 seasons. if he did it with miami, probabilty says he could have done it with LA.

2. the suns have a player called.........AMARE, the player you siad "will neeeeeeeever be the same again".
Amare -24
kobe-28

in the west it's easier to buildaround a big guy than a small guy, remember that, that's why i say the suns will hoist that trophy before the lakers. the suns have other players beside nash they can build around. the lakers three almost four years later are trying to build around kobe, he's only got a few years of prime left before he starts sliding. it's do or die , so far there's been more death than doing.

If, if... IF the Heat weren't the worst champions ever and Shaq was a deciding factor in the series to begin with, maybe I'd give him more credit. Like I said, Shaq on this Lakers roster instead of Kobe would be REALLY sad. Anyone denying this is either a Shaq groupie or a Kobe hater...And LMAO@you putting Amare anywhere near Kobe....Kobe has a few years of prime left? LOL. Jordan just started winning championships at Kobe's age. Have faith in your team...If you still consider them that...PeACe

Worst Champions Ever>>>Lakers

Wow. Dumbest thing ever. But pretty expected...

How's that the dumbest thing ever?  Worst Champions ever is still a Champion.

Since the Shaq/Kobe split, Shaq has more playoff appearances, playoff wins, regular season wins, and, most importantly, more rings.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »
why continue to argue with him guys?  Nik will ride kobe's dick no matter what, let him say whatever he wants and then this time next year we'll laugh our asses off when kobe is sent fishing again....... ;D
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

teecee

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007, 05:31:50 PM »
True that, we should quit fucking with NIK altogether, but its just muindblowing the shit he says! 

I don't think NIK actually believes even half the shit he writes, he's just trying to mess with us.......that is the only explanation, because otherwise he is the most narrow minded, biased sports fan I've come across.  Surely its just an act though, right?

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »
True that, we should quit fucking with NIK altogether, but its just muindblowing the shit he says! 

I don't think NIK actually believes even half the shit he writes, he's just trying to mess with us.......that is the only explanation, because otherwise he is the most narrow minded, biased sports fan I've come across.  Surely its just an act though, right?

I think he believes it for two reasons:

A) It makes him feel important, sort of like a "king of the internet boards" kind of deal.

B) He thinks Lakers read this message board and that they can give him benefits...you know, the kind where he can deliver happy endings if he wants to...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »
Lakers- one of the worst seasons in franchise history=1st round playoff exit

Suns- greatest season in franchise history=2nd round playoff exit

The Suns' backs are currently pinned against the wall. People are starting to realize that they can't win it all with that style. Where can they go from here? Can they build on top of what they have? I mean, they have the perfect players for their style of play, what can they possibly do?

The Lakers, on the other hand, have been considered huge disappointments, and how much worse are they really? Take a look at the western conference finals. The Spurs and the Jazz... We handed both of those teams their asses in the regular season. WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS OUR CURRENT STATE MAKES IT SEEM!

Who is really gunna be more disappointed in the off-season? At least the Lakers have something to work with. The Suns' best bet is trading Marion, as rumors have indicated they're looking to do. Who do you think is currently in better shape for the future?

You know me, I'm as big a Laker fan as anyone but you're wrong.

The Suns have an elite PG and center that both made first team all NBA. If you look at most championship teams, they have an elite guard and an elite big. The Spurs have Parker and Duncan. The Lakers 7 years ago we had Shaq and Kobe. During the 80's, there was Magic and Kareem. The Suns already have two necessary ingredients needed to win a championship. The Lakers have one, an elite guard but our bigs are below average.

The fact is, Houston, San Antonio, Phoenix, Utah, and Dallas are in much better shape than we are. All those teams have talented guards or even talented trios. The 3 best teams in the conference, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Utah have a talented trio. We have Kobe, Odom and then .... Our role players are ..... That's the reality we're facing right now.

In order for us to make the next step, we need to
1. Trade for some good role players, maybe we can do a s/t with Luke, or use Kwame's expiring to get someone in here that will go out and play their role.
2. Hope Bynum develops. Personally i'm all for trading him if it can land someone who can contribute now.
3. Odom gets completely healthy and maintains health throughout the season. I think our season would have turned out differently if Odom hadn't got hurt. The reality is, even if he hadn't gotten hurt, we're still not as good as San Antonio.
4. Regular season means jack shit. It's all about how you perform in the playoffs. Look at Dallas, who won 67 games and got dominated by Golden State. San Antonio had a decent regular season but you can see they're easily the best team in the league. The reason is that they have the best big man in the league, and 2 talented guards. They have role players that know what they're doing and play their roles. Our role players look like they're running with their heads cut off half the time.
5. We need some athletes on this team. We have so many unathletic players with redundant skill sets. Why in gods name was Cook and Sasha extended? Clearly management is asleep at the wheel as the team was stacked with no defense matador shooters that can't shoot. ugh.. We need more role players like Turiaf or Evans, athletes that go out and play hard, rebound and actually play some D. You can't have a team of all stars but you can get role players that do their jobs. It's not a coincidence that Horry and Fisher are still in the playoffs.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007, 11:53:43 PM »
1. if malone wasn't injured we would have won the championship over the pistons. we lost because the pistons exploited us at the four three and one spot. shaq and kobe were the only producers on the team.  if shaq would have stayed we would have won the championship again for at least the next 2 seasons. if he did it with miami, probabilty says he could have done it with LA.

2. the suns have a player called.........AMARE, the player you siad "will neeeeeeeever be the same again".
Amare -24
kobe-28

in the west it's easier to buildaround a big guy than a small guy, remember that, that's why i say the suns will hoist that trophy before the lakers. the suns have other players beside nash they can build around. the lakers three almost four years later are trying to build around kobe, he's only got a few years of prime left before he starts sliding. it's do or die , so far there's been more death than doing.

If, if... IF the Heat weren't the worst champions ever and Shaq was a deciding factor in the series to begin with, maybe I'd give him more credit. Like I said, Shaq on this Lakers roster instead of Kobe would be REALLY sad. Anyone denying this is either a Shaq groupie or a Kobe hater...And LMAO@you putting Amare anywhere near Kobe....Kobe has a few years of prime left? LOL. Jordan just started winning championships at Kobe's age. Have faith in your team...If you still consider them that...PeACe

Since the Shaq/Kobe split, Shaq has more playoff appearances, playoff wins, regular season wins, and, most importantly, more rings.

And Shaq is only the SUPPORTING player on a team that was already Eastern Conference Semi-Final bound a year before he got there. Kobe got an expansion team and was BY FAR the best player in every aspect. Uncomparable scenarios. Any buffoon can see that...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007, 11:57:38 PM »
why continue to argue with him guys?  Nik will ride kobe's dick no matter what, let him say whatever he wants and then this time next year we'll laugh our asses off when kobe is sent fishing again....... ;D

A) It makes him feel important, sort of like a "king of the internet boards" kind of deal.

B) He thinks Lakers read this message board and that they can give him benefits...you know, the kind where he can deliver happy endings if he wants to...

That's why ya'll bitch about my status on this board instead of coming up with arguments, huh? You have nothing to say. BET the Lakers win a championship before the Suns...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2007, 02:24:12 AM »

Amare -24
kobe-28

And Shaq is only the SUPPORTING player on a team

his first year he almost  won the MVP
the next year he was still in good enough to be on the all nba first team.

he might have been the second punch but  that's like calling kobe a supporting player.lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2007, 02:47:14 PM »

That's why ya'll bitch about my status on this board instead of coming up with arguments, huh? You have nothing to say. BET the Lakers win a championship before the Suns...PeACe

Not only are you a fucking idiot, but you're a fucking internet geek as well. 

"Oooh, I'm a mod on a board on the inter-fucking-net!  Bow down to me!"

What a tool...who the fuck cares about status on an internet board? 

teecee

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2007, 04:58:48 PM »

Exactly, noone gives a fuck about your so-called "status" on this board NIK, we just all wish you would go away so we could have intelligent arguments and discussions without your input.

And really, the Lakers might win one before the Suns in the next 10 years, but if you want to look at the immediate future (2-3 years), the Lakers have no chance while the Suns are still one of the top 5 teams in the league. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »

Exactly, noone gives a fuck about your so-called "status" on this board NIK, we just all wish you would go away so we could have intelligent arguments and discussions without your input.

And really, the Lakers might win one before the Suns in the next 10 years, but if you want to look at the immediate future (2-3 years), the Lakers have no chance while the Suns are still one of the top 5 teams in the league

I don't know about that. Nash is getting older and has a bad back (well not McGrady bad but it still bothers him). I don't know how much longer he's gonna be able to play these big minutes to run that offense. The Lakers have some talent, they just more players that actually know what the hell they're doing.

And lol @ internet status.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »
I would have never thought this thread would become 3 pages long. I damn near forgot what exactly the point of this thread is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2007, 06:27:07 PM »

And really, the Lakers might win one before the Suns in the next 10 years, but if you want to look at the immediate future (2-3 years), the Lakers have no chance while the Suns are still one of the top 5 teams in the league

I don't know about that. Nash is getting older and has a bad back (well not McGrady bad but it still bothers him). I don't know how much longer he's gonna be able to play these big minutes to run that offense. The Lakers have some talent, they just more players that actually know what the hell they're doing.

Watch out...Don't say anything positive about the Lakers or negative about the Suns...They might feel like they have no legit arguments, and start flipping out, switching the subject to what they think of you as a person and shit rather than contradicting your points...LOL@tools.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2007, 06:39:01 PM »

Watch out...Don't say anything positive about the Lakers or negative about the Suns...They might feel like they have no legit arguments, and start flipping out, switching the subject to what they think of you as a person and shit rather than contradicting your points...LOL@tools.

It's okay to say positive or negative things about any team.  The difference is that you think you are right about everything.  You can't accept the fact that people have different opinions.  You get your feelings hurt when somebody puts you in your place.  The Lakers are not an elite team, that has been proven since Shaq left.  The beginning of the season doesn't make a fuck, get over it.  Kobe is good, the Lakers are not.  Kobe is a great individual player, not a team player.  The Suns are better than the Lakers.  The Spurs are better than the Lakers.  Utah, Denver, Dallas, so on and so forth.  Take Shaq away from the Lakers, no titles since the 80's.  Facts.

And then you cement yourself with claiming people are jealous about your "status" on the board.  Get a life.  Go outside or something, shit.  Status on an internet board?  Get the fuck out of here.  Lame.