Author Topic: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...  (Read 1041 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Lakers are one step ahead of the Suns...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »
Its hard being right all the time.
That's stand up material. :D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:58 PM »
nik your arguments are illogical. the suns are just as capable of making the finals next year as ANYONE. seriously, they actually have a better chance than most to make it. and so what if they don't, i'm sure they'll go deeper into the playoffs than the lakers for more years to come. my kid will be graduating high school by the time the lakers win another title

Amare/kurt thomas/sean marks/pat burke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kwame brown/andrew bynum/chris mihm
Nash/marcus banks/barbosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>farmar/smush/vujcic/mckie/shammond williams
kobe>>>raja bell/piatkowski/rose
lamar odom/walton/radmonovic/evans/cook/turiaf =james jones, jumane jones, shawn marion, boris diaw

as "bad" as the suns are the lakers are worse

to say the suns arn't a playoff team and praise the lakers is just utter and complete bias

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 01:23:11 AM »
The only reason the SUns didn't make the third round is because of the NBA's playiff format where it doesn't reseed. 

I guess we'll see man, but logic says the Suns will be WAY better than the Lakers unless the Lakers get a top end PG or post player, or both.......

And really, exactly like Spice 2k7 said, that is the true reason why Lakers fans are so infatuated with the SUns.............

For the last 2 years the better team won. End of story. I said it before last season started that the Lakers didn't make any adjustments to get past the hump. Its hard being right all the time.

Props man, at least you can admit it.  I'm not even sure why this thread was made..........
The Suns were the better team.. there is no doubt about it.. I still think playing this type of B-Ball, Suns won't win a title (it was the same thing with Dallas in the D.Nelson era).. saying we are a step ahead of the Suns isn't fair .. we still have a lot to achieve to be on a Champ level.. Anyways, can we all stop (both Lakers fans, other teams fans, haters, whoever) to relate any other teams related threads or Lebron, Wade ect with the Lakers or Kobe ?? That would be a HUGE upgrade for the NBA related threads

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
Suns have eliminated LA 2 years in a row, end of story

As a 2nd seed...They still failed to get that ring they were after, which will keep happening with their style of play, no matter how perfect their team is to their liking. This is why I say the Lakers are one step ahead...Our team isn't even close to where we'd like it, and we can still hang with the top teams at full strength. Imagine if we had the perfect players for our system, like the Suns do... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »
nik your arguments are illogical. the suns are just as capable of making the finals next year as ANYONE. seriously, they actually have a better chance than most to make it. and so what if they don't, i'm sure they'll go deeper into the playoffs than the lakers for more years to come. my kid will be graduating high school by the time the lakers win another title

Amare/kurt thomas/sean marks/pat burke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kwame brown/andrew bynum/chris mihm
Nash/marcus banks/barbosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>farmar/smush/vujcic/mckie/shammond williams
lamar odom/walton/radmonovic/evans/cook/turiaf =james jones, jumane jones, shawn marion, boris diaw

to say the suns arn't a playoff team and praise the lakers is just utter and complete bias

Jake, do you know what you're saying? The Lakers are far more of a playoff team than the Suns can ever be, meaning they actually step their game up come playoff time and have a plan for each series, they don't just play the same exact way they did in the regular season, like the Suns do. We simply don't have all the positions filled (PG, primarily) and Phoenix does, that's the difference. If we had our positions filled, we'd be way more championship-bound than Phoenix could dream of... What don't you get about this? If we were one rebound away from upsetting the 2nd seed in an expansion season, how does that not prove the Suns are extremely overrated and not a playoff team? Hell, they had a good chance to lose to the Clippers last year as well...Lost in the 2nd round this year with their dream roster. How are the Lakers not one step ahead of Phoenix?

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »
Phoenix needs a bench. Obviously they were not able to get a lottery pick in the draft so they will have 2 late first round picks. They need to go after a center and point guard. If they are going to trade, package the picks and trade to get one of the free agents out there. They will not win a championship playing Marion on Duncan or with Kirk Thomas. They need another athletic big to add to Amare in the post. So another post big man and develop a bench and they will be set. The style of play is one thing but if you do not have the personel to execute that is a problem. They are not getting away with James Jones playing power forward or Marion playing center.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »
Phoenix needs a bench. Obviously they were not able to get a lottery pick in the draft so they will have 2 late first round picks. They need to go after a center and point guard. If they are going to trade, package the picks and trade to get one of the free agents out there. They will not win a championship playing Marion on Duncan or with Kirk Thomas. They need another athletic big to add to Amare in the post. So another post big man and develop a bench and they will be set. The style of play is one thing but if you do not have the personel to execute that is a problem. They are not getting away with James Jones playing power forward or Marion playing center.

If they have real centers and power forwards, they wont be able to play the way they do....It's a team of tweeners, which can never be TOO good. They either have to change up their game-plan/coach, or settle for being a regular season success. Hey, at least it's better than the Stephon Marbury years...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »

Jake, do you know what you're saying? The Lakers are far more of a playoff team than the Suns can ever be, meaning they actually step their game up come playoff time and have a plan for each series, they don't just play the same exact way they did in the regular season, like the Suns do. We simply don't have all the positions filled (PG, primarily) and Phoenix does, that's the difference. If we had our positions filled, we'd be way more championship-bound than Phoenix could dream of... What don't you get about this? If we were one rebound away from upsetting the 2nd seed in an expansion season, how does that not prove the Suns are extremely overrated and not a playoff team? Hell, they had a good chance to lose to the Clippers last year as well...Lost in the 2nd round this year with their dream roster. How are the Lakers not one step ahead of Phoenix?

If...that's all you ever say. 

IF the Atlanta Hawks had all their positions filled, they'd be championship material...IF the Clippers had all their positions filled, they'd be championship matieral...IF you would take your head out of Kobe's ass, maybe you could see that.  IF doesn't mean shit. 

The better playoff team Lakers have been knocked out by the less than stellar Suns twice now...what'll be the excuse next year? 

One rebound away...one shot away...one player away...get the fuck out of here with your "valid" opinions and shut the hell up.

NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 03:13:12 PM »
^^None of what you just posted was relevant to what I was saying. Try making some VALID arguments next time. :D

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 04:01:23 PM »
IF is your only argument to anything.  IF this and IF that.  IF doesn't mean a damn thing.

The Lakers are not better than the Suns and will not be better than the Suns anytime in the near future.  The Lakers will be a second tier team for the next few years.  They won't get past Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix in the near future.  First round, if they make the playoffs at all, and done.  That's it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The Lakers are nowhere close to the Suns.  Why?  The Suns smoked the Lakers in the playoffs...again.  How's that for a valid argument.  You can't say the Lakers won.  You can't say they were the better team.  Better superstar?  Yes.  Better team?  No.  Not now, not last year, not next year. 

Now, I'm going to sit back and wait for your reply...I'll even start it for you...

"We were one shot away and if the media wasn't giving the Suns an extra twenty points a game and poisoning your minds the Lakers would've dominated.  KOBE ROCKS"

mrgatorade

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »
no way r the lakers ahead of the suns, yes the suns might have exited the playoffs kinda early but the lakers produced nothing in the playoffs n dont really have a supporting cast for kobe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »
IF is your only argument to anything.  IF this and IF that.  IF doesn't mean a damn thing.

The Lakers are not better than the Suns and will not be better than the Suns anytime in the near future.  The Lakers will be a second tier team for the next few years.  They won't get past Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix in the near future.  First round, if they make the playoffs at all, and done.  That's it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The Lakers are nowhere close to the Suns.  Why?  The Suns smoked the Lakers in the playoffs...again.  How's that for a valid argument.  You can't say the Lakers won.  You can't say they were the better team.  Better superstar?  Yes.  Better team?  No.  Not now, not last year, not next year. 

Now, I'm going to sit back and wait for your reply...I'll even start it for you...

"We were one shot away and if the media wasn't giving the Suns an extra twenty points a game and poisoning your minds the Lakers would've dominated.  KOBE ROCKS"

We will see next season who was right.

teecee

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »
I am still shocked this thread was ever made. 

The Suns beat the Lakers handidly this year, they beat them last year without supposedly their best player.  What more needs to be said?

The Suns played defense against the Spurs, they DID change their game, but they were not good enough to beat the Spurs.  No other team will beat the SPurs twice in a series........................

As for next year, the Lakers have plenty of holes to fill, far more than the Suns.  The Lakers need to make HUGE changes before they can hope to be as good as the Suns, that much is evident. 

Citizen-Y

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
Lakers are four steps behind the Suns.  Center, power forward, small forward and point guard.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »
Lakers are four steps behind the Suns.  Center, power forward, small forward and point guard.

But remember, we are all brainwashed by the media so it's not true that Nash is better than Smush and Farmar; Amare?  better than , Kwame, and Bynum?  PFFF!  Media brainwashing at its finest.  Bell and Marion?  Puhlease!  Give me Chris Mihm and Odom any day of the week!

And in NIK's fashion...

Suns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers...

look at that, not even worth of being on the same page!