Author Topic: Since Memphis ain't getting Oden, you think they'd be interested in Bynum??  (Read 664 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
^ and wut happens wen we end up not signing any free agent point guards? we lose another season, yet gain another valuable learning experience?

like i already said, we're a missing piece away from true title contention. but we gotta be more realistic here. kobe said it best: lakers need to win championships, not have itty bitty growth seasons. and the fact that kobe himself doesnt even think this current squad is going anywhere and demanded that the front office make some moves speaks volumes in itself.

now if the grizzlies are down to give us gasol for walton + scrub contracts, then i say go for it. but if memphis is gonna trade the only player worth a damn on their team, that pretty much confirms they'd be going into the rebuilding stage, so im guessing they'll be looking for a certain young center...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
now if the grizzlies are down to give us gasol for walton + scrub contracts, then i say go for it. but if memphis is gonna trade the only player worth a damn on their team, that pretty much confirms they'd be going into the rebuilding stage, so im guessing they'll be looking for a certain young center...
Nah, what you forget is how everything is always about the Lakers. Everybody wants them to do good and puts his team's interest willingly behind theirs. You can tell any GM would give up his franchise player for crap like Kwame + Vujacic.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
I think people are forgetting how good we were to start the season before all the injuries piled up.

that was in january, we're in may, where there is a lot more on the line. an aged and experienced team isn't going to take the lakers as seriously in the month of january as they would in april/may.  the regualr and post season are two different seasons. the only experienced playoff player we have on that team is kobe.  the spurs' are chalk full of experienced players. as far as the jazz are concerned, they got lucky, they shouldn't be in the conf. finals this year, they got lucky because of the bad contingency of the GSW and the mavericks. give the mavericks the clippers and it's the mavs vs the spurs right now. period. the lakers would not beat a more experienced mavs team. i'll even go out and say they  wouldn't even beat the jazz. too much talent on the jazz. boozer , okur, FISHER, williams and AK47 >>is a lot more powerful than kobe+odom . like i said the only team the lakers would have realistically beaten is the warriors.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
and to quote another homie

It's pretty damn inconsiderate of the Lakers' management if they were to go to their franchise player and say "Hey, I know you're in the prime of your career now and currently the best basketball player in the world, but just wait for 3-5 years, our talent will develop into superstars!" To hell with that.

And while Bynum may or may not develop into a dominant center, there is no "may or may not" when it comes to what they could expect from Kobe right now. Matter of fact, he seems pretty frustrated when it comes to the "mays or may nots" of the team, and all they've succeeded in doing is testing his and Phil Jackson's patience. Which could explain why neither of them is too fond of Bynum in the first place.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^ and wut happens wen we end up not signing any free agent point guards?

Wont happen.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Nah, what you forget is how everything is always about the Lakers. Everybody wants them to do good and puts his team's interest willingly behind theirs. You can tell any GM would give up his franchise player for crap like Kwame + Vujacic.

Yea, because superstars have never been traded for role players + picks + expiring contracts. ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think people are forgetting how good we were to start the season before all the injuries piled up.

that was in january, we're in may, where there is a lot more on the line. an aged and experienced team isn't going to take the lakers as seriously in the month of january as they would in april/may.  the regualr and post season are two different seasons. the only experienced playoff player we have on that team is kobe.  the spurs' are chalk full of experienced players. as far as the jazz are concerned, they got lucky, they shouldn't be in the conf. finals this year, they got lucky because of the bad contingency of the GSW and the mavericks. give the mavericks the clippers and it's the mavs vs the spurs right now. period. the lakers would not beat a more experienced mavs team. i'll even go out and say they  wouldn't even beat the jazz. too much talent on the jazz. boozer , okur, FISHER, williams and AK47 >>is a lot more powerful than kobe+odom . like i said the only team the lakers would have realistically beaten is the warriors.

Utah is so aged and experienced, huh? LOL...Say what you want, but Lakers were a different team playing a different game in May than they were in January, and you're insane if you say it's entirely their faults...PeACe

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
i would argue that a 7-game series against the jazz could have gone either way. pistons... not so much.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

Utah is so aged and experienced, huh? LOL...Say what you want, but Lakers were a different team playing a different game in May than they were in January, and you're insane if you say it's entirely their faults...PeACe

i never said utah was aged and experienced. i said they were lucky to be that far in the playoffs. but with that said they're still a better team than the lakers and would have beaten them in a 7 game series.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

i never said utah was aged and experienced. i said they were lucky to be that far in the playoffs. but with that said they're still a better team than the lakers and would have beaten them in a 7 game series.

I disagree...And if you think they'd beat a HEALTHY Laker team in 7, that's crazy.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

Wont happen.

and if it does?

regardless, its not likely bynum is going to be pushed to the next level and develop faster just because phil jackson and kobe are growing impatient. and we cant settle for this "o shit, we beat them in the regular season so we must be able to beat them in the playoffs" squad forever. its true that we were cursed with injuries (something that i constantly had to remind every laker-hating/bandwagoning faggot i kno), but we werent exactly a pistons/spurs-calibur team either, despite our very strong start in the season.

if we can acquire another star post-player while keeping odom, then we are fuckin blessed, especially since we're in the western conference. and i guarantee you thats exactly wut kobe wants.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wont happen.

and if it does?

regardless, its not likely bynum is going to be pushed to the next level and develop faster just because phil jackson and kobe are growing impatient. and we cant settle for this "o shit, we beat them in the regular season so we must be able to beat them in the playoffs" squad forever. its true that we were cursed with injuries (something that i constantly had to remind every laker-hating/bandwagoning faggot i kno), but we werent exactly a pistons/spurs-calibur team either, despite our very strong start in the season.

if we can acquire another star post-player while keeping odom, then we are fuckin blessed, especially since we're in the western conference. and i guarantee you thats exactly wut kobe wants.

The management is retarded if they don't go for a reliable PG with the MLE. I promise there will be a new starting PG in LA and I guarantee a much better season in '07-'08...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The management is retarded if they don't go for a reliable PG with the MLE.

My dream is still Billups. I know it won't happens, but a man can dream..

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
The management is retarded if they don't go for a reliable PG with the MLE.

My dream is still Billups. I know it won't happens, but a man can dream..

word, i will donate all of my money to church if billups comes to la

jeromechickenbone

Kobe's demanding that trades be made.  He obviously doesn't feel his supporting staff is good enough to cut it.