Author Topic: Since Memphis ain't getting Oden, you think they'd be interested in Bynum??  (Read 663 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kobe's demanding that trades be made.  He obviously doesn't feel his supporting staff is good enough to cut it.

He never demanded trades be made, he demnaded the front office put together a contender.. IE valid point guard, veteran contributor, supporting role players that constantly step up in crucial moments...Of course we need to make moves this offseason. Kobe just pointed out the obvious.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ive said it before and ill say it again get rid of Bynum only if you can get Gasol,Garnett,or Oneal.Im pretty sure the pistons are going to resign Billups but he would fit in perfect with the lakers.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
^ and wut happens wen we end up not signing any free agent point guards?

Wont happen.

and if it does?

regardless, its not likely bynum is going to be pushed to the next level and develop faster just because phil jackson and kobe are growing impatient. and we cant settle for this "o shit, we beat them in the regular season so we must be able to beat them in the playoffs" squad forever. its true that we were cursed with injuries (something that i constantly had to remind every laker-hating/bandwagoning faggot i kno), but we werent exactly a pistons/spurs-calibur team either, despite our very strong start in the season.

if we can acquire another star post-player while keeping odom, then we are fuckin blessed, especially since we're in the western conference. and i guarantee you thats exactly wut kobe wants.

The management is retarded if they don't go for a reliable PG with the MLE. I promise there will be a new starting PG in LA and I guarantee a much better season in '07-'08...PeACe

so by your judging, 2nd round team... we need a huge impact. Building is good, but Kobe will be 29 next year, it's time to make a splash.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

S^ and wut happens wen we end up not signing any free agent point guards?

Wont happen.

and if it does?

regardless, its not likely bynum is going to be pushed to the next level and develop faster just because phil jackson and kobe are growing impatient. and we cant settle for this "o shit, we beat them in the regular season so we must be able to beat them in the playoffs" squad forever. its true that we were cursed with injuries (something that i constantly had to remind every laker-hating/bandwagoning faggot i kno), but we werent exactly a pistons/spurs-calibur team either, despite our very strong start in the season.

if we can acquire another star post-player while keeping odom, then we are fuckin blessed, especially since we're in the western conference. and i guarantee you thats exactly wut kobe wants.

The management is retarded if they don't go for a reliable PG with the MLE. I promise there will be a new starting PG in LA and I guarantee a much better season in '07-'08...PeACe

so by your judging, 2nd round team... we need a huge impact. Building is good, but Kobe will be 29 next year, it's time to make a splash.

PG Mo Williams/Jordan Farmar
SG Kobe Bryant/Mo Evans (healed)
SF Luke Walton (healed)/Vladimir Radmanovic (healed)
PF Lamar Odom (healed)/Ronny Turiaf (healed)
C Kwame Brown (healed)/Andrew Bynum

Add an extra year of valuable triangle experience to players like Farmar, Bynum, Evans, VladRad, Kwame, Turiaf, and even Luke & Odom, and you what does that spell?

S-P-L-A-S-H!

GangstaBoogy

I think people are forgetting how good we were to start the season before all the injuries piled up. You guys really think we're that far from being contenders in this WEAKASS league? LMAO. take a look at the conference finals. We coulda' beat any of those teams with no problem in January (before the injury plague)... just imagine what happens with one year of extra experience and some key adjustments made in the offseason...I can't stand pessimistic doubters with no faith.

Keep Bynum. Only trade for Gasol if you can get him in a steal (Kwame+VladRad+19th Pick). I'd even ship Luke over in a sign-and-trade. I doubt that'll happen, so lets just build on what we have...

PG Mo Williams (MLE)...Jordan Farmar/Jason Hart (vets min)
SG Kobe Bryant...Maurice Evans/Sasha Vujacic
SF Luke Walton...Vladimir Radmanovic/Brian Cook
PF Lamar Odom...PJ Brown (vets min)/Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown...Andrew Bynum/19th Draft Pick

Coach: Phil Jackson

How far is that team really away from being contenders? I wouldn't say far at all...And those are all very realistic options. Take into account an extra year of experience for Bynum, Turiaf, Luke, Radman, Farmar, Kwame, Sasha, Evans, etc.... so they'll all be better. And all those injuries we've dealt with will be healed...Keep your head up, Laker fans, we're not in bad shape...PeACe

Are you related to Jerry Buss or Mitch Kupchak? You really want to keep damn near the exact same team that got knocked out in the first round 2 straight years?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think people are forgetting how good we were to start the season before all the injuries piled up. You guys really think we're that far from being contenders in this WEAKASS league? LMAO. take a look at the conference finals. We coulda' beat any of those teams with no problem in January (before the injury plague)... just imagine what happens with one year of extra experience and some key adjustments made in the offseason...I can't stand pessimistic doubters with no faith.

Keep Bynum. Only trade for Gasol if you can get him in a steal (Kwame+VladRad+19th Pick). I'd even ship Luke over in a sign-and-trade. I doubt that'll happen, so lets just build on what we have...

PG Mo Williams (MLE)...Jordan Farmar/Jason Hart (vets min)
SG Kobe Bryant...Maurice Evans/Sasha Vujacic
SF Luke Walton...Vladimir Radmanovic/Brian Cook
PF Lamar Odom...PJ Brown (vets min)/Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown...Andrew Bynum/19th Draft Pick

Coach: Phil Jackson

How far is that team really away from being contenders? I wouldn't say far at all...And those are all very realistic options. Take into account an extra year of experience for Bynum, Turiaf, Luke, Radman, Farmar, Kwame, Sasha, Evans, etc.... so they'll all be better. And all those injuries we've dealt with will be healed...Keep your head up, Laker fans, we're not in bad shape...PeACe

Are you related to Jerry Buss or Mitch Kupchak? You really want to keep damn near the exact same team that got knocked out in the first round 2 straight years?

A real all-star caliber point guard with the MLE, ala Mo Williams, a veteran big with vets min, ala PJ Brown, a veteran point guard with vets min, ala Jason Hart, a solid 19th pick + a healthy roster playing like we did in October, November, December, January............... aaaand you got yourself a contender. It's not that hard. Teams win championships by growing, not reconstructing.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
^ unless you're the heat or pistons ;D

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Billups IS a splash. This guy has won a championship and was named the finals MVP. He plays defense, scores, and is a good passer.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
filling in the missing pieces which kobe so desperately asks for is hardly reconstructing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

filling in the missing pieces which kobe so desperately asks for is hardly reconstructing.

Exactly.

jeromechickenbone

Kobe's demanding that trades be made.  He obviously doesn't feel his supporting staff is good enough to cut it.

He never demanded trades be made, he demnaded the front office put together a contender.. IE valid point guard, veteran contributor, supporting role players that constantly step up in crucial moments...Of course we need to make moves this offseason. Kobe just pointed out the obvious.

What's the difference between demanding trades be made, and demanding the front office put together a contender?

wcsoldier

We can argue, discuss  it for hours and hours , if nothing happened this summer to put us in a contender position , Kobe will opt out in 08-09.. yeah it's THAT simple..

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
We can argue, discuss  it for hours and hours , if nothing happened this summer to put us in a contender position , Kobe will opt out in 08-09.. yeah it's THAT simple..

probably. as said already, its inconsiderate on the management's behalf to just tell kobe to kick back and wait for everybody else to develop, in hopes that maybe one day they'll have a contender team when kobe is no longer in his prime. kobe is undisputedly the best player in the world and they need to think long and hard on what they want to do next.

if they get a chance to get a star player without having to give up odom, yet decide to pass on it because of jim buss' infatuation with bynum, then i guarantee you kobe will be ripping his hair from his head as soon as he reads about it in the papers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

What's the difference between demanding trades be made, and demanding the front office put together a contender?

Ever heard of free agency?